The big picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big picture.

When forrest says about elephants and ants. He is telling us (IMO) to look at the big picture. What is the big picture in the chase? In the treasure hunt? Why did he do this? What did he want to do with this hunt?

He is bigger than life and has an amazing story. He loves people and wanted to share his story. But I think he is giving a message. Something amazing. I think that is a part of it. I think he wants to share about an amazing place. I think it will be forever spotlighted as an amazing place once it is discovered. It is a place that is already known, so will not be ruined when it is discovered, but will tell a special story that none of us know. It will be special for a reason. Something he has known about and could never let go.

It is something he loves. I think he is kind and adventurous but does not love easily. I think when he loves, he falls in love hard. He is a dedicated and obsessive type. Something amazing enough to be in the mind of a man who has been shot down in war, met the most famous people on earth, and has amazing life experiences.

What is the big picture? What are we missing? What is significant enough to make this man pause and never let go of a special place in his mind .

Just some of the questions I am pondering........
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

KPRO wrote, "forrest says about elephants and ants. He is telling us (IMO) to look at the big picture. What is the big picture in the chase? In the treasure hunt? Why did he do this? What did he want to do with this hunt?

He is bigger than life and has an amazing story. He loves people and wanted to share his story. But I think he is giving a message. Something amazing. I think that is a part of it. I think he wants to share about an amazing place. I think it will be forever spotlighted as an amazing place once it is discovered. It is a place that is already known, so will not be ruined when it is discovered, but will tell a special story that none of us know. It will be special for a reason. Something he has known about and could never let go.

It is something he loves. I think he is kind and adventurous but does not love easily. I think when he loves, he falls in love hard. He is a dedicated and obsessive type. Something amazing enough to be in the mind of a man who has been shot down in war, met the most famous people on earth, and has amazing life experiences. What is the big picture? What are we missing? What is significant enough to make this man pause and never let go of a special place in his mind . Just some of the questions I am pondering......" My TAKE on this: I think that Forrest's special place is so special because of a very special person who'll be there, maybe NOT for that long, but ONE mind with Forrest they will always have. Ants are small but some ants, like fire ants, bite and sting. You don't have to be big to be powerful. Maybe that is what it's all about. Humble pie tastes good, but NOT if NO ONE is there to eat it with.
    Last edited by Hint; 07-23-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Nothing lasts forever...This I think Forrest knows. Time only exists because people keep track of it, what if there were no Time. What if you could do whatever you wanted all the time? Time is money. You either have Time and no money or money and no Time. If I can buy Time, then I can choose to keep track of it or not. I think this is Forrest's way of buying Time for ourselves and himself.

Comment

In MHO I think Forrest is playing with words like always. The big PICTURE is the big PITCHER !!! The big PITCHER holds a lot of water, I think he is referring to THE WATER HIGH.

Comment

First thing first. What State. Lets look at "the big picture"
          Attached Files

Comment

Dizzy Dean Was Also a big Pitcher!!!

Comment

My 2 cents regarding the Big Picture and his special place and why it is his special place. Everything IMO!
              One of my favorite quotes in the past 9 years is from MW Q&A in 2014:
              Q. Mr. Fenn, Did you choose the hiding location purely because it was special to you, or were there other considerations? (I’m not talking about logistics like transporting yourself there, ease of access, not being spotted). ~Michael Monroe
              A. Thanks Michael. The spot where I hid the treasure was in my mind from the time I first started thinking about the chase. It is special to me and there was never another consideration. I was going to make it work no matter what. In my reverie I often find myself stealing away to that place and I will always consider it to be mine alone.f
              (7/5/14) http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-with-forrest/

Over the last few days, I've been upgrading my website to include easier access to all the Fenn media from the last 10 years, with a separate page consisting of itemized important statements, quotes from ff that I can sort of remember but not the exact words from his interviews, both video and podcasts, and eventually from print articles which are less accurate but nevertheless probably important.
              I've even found a few interviews from 2011 and 2012 I had not seen before. This is a huge project and will take me many weeks to complete.

The other thing I'm doing in 3 separate blog articles is identifying the time periods in FF's life regarding the Chase from the inception of the treasure chase in 1988 until 2010 when he actually hid it, and then afterwards from 2010 through 2019. So I have listened to a lot of interviews between 2010 and 2013. (I started in order by date.) So far the consistency in his interviews is his love of collecting arrowheads/artifacts and fly fishing in the Gallatin, YNP areas. The biggest chapter in his life (not necessarily wonderful but extremely meaningful and life-changing) was his tour in Vietnam. The other theme which is consistent regarding solving the poem and finding the treasure chest is the use of IMAGINATION.

Once again, IMO, the place where he stashed his chest will not be particularly remote but it will be isolated in the sense there's no reason for people to go there closer than 500 feet. The quote above where he said " I will always consider it to be mine alone.f" implies only he ever found it or went there. When he said "2 people can keep a secret if one of them is dead" is just his way of inferring no one else knows of this place, not his dad, not Skippy, not Peggy.

The other consistent theme in all the interviews between 2010 and now is that you have to solve the poem, and it is highly beneficial to do so with the help of TTOTC, and maps, of course. The Big Picture... you need that entire poem to take you to the right beginning... to where warm waters halt.

Or not... I certainly do not have the treasure chest and my wrong is just as wrong as the other 350,000 wrongs.

Comment

Originally posted by cynthia View Post
                My 2 cents regarding the Big Picture and his special place and why it is his special place. Everything IMO!
                One of my favorite quotes in the past 9 years is from MW Q&A in 2014:
                Q. Mr. Fenn, Did you choose the hiding location purely because it was special to you, or were there other considerations? (I’m not talking about logistics like transporting yourself there, ease of access, not being spotted). ~Michael Monroe
                A. Thanks Michael. The spot where I hid the treasure was in my mind from the time I first started thinking about the chase. It is special to me and there was never another consideration. I was going to make it work no matter what. In my reverie I often find myself stealing away to that place and I will always consider it to be mine alone.f
                (7/5/14) http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-with-forrest/

Over the last few days, I've been upgrading my website to include easier access to all the Fenn media from the last 10 years, with a separate page consisting of itemized important statements, quotes from ff that I can sort of remember but not the exact words from his interviews, both video and podcasts, and eventually from print articles which are less accurate but nevertheless probably important.
                I've even found a few interviews from 2011 and 2012 I had not seen before. This is a huge project and will take me many weeks to complete.

The other thing I'm doing in 3 separate blog articles is identifying the time periods in FF's life regarding the Chase from the inception of the treasure chase in 1988 until 2010 when he actually hid it, and then afterwards from 2010 through 2019. So I have listened to a lot of interviews between 2010 and 2013. (I started in order by date.) So far the consistency in his interviews is his love of collecting arrowheads/artifacts and fly fishing in the Gallatin, YNP areas. The biggest chapter in his life (not necessarily wonderful but extremely meaningful and life-changing) was his tour in Vietnam. The other theme which is consistent regarding solving the poem and finding the treasure chest is the use of IMAGINATION.

Once again, IMO, the place where he stashed his chest will not be particularly remote but it will be isolated in the sense there's no reason for people to go there closer than 500 feet. The quote above where he said " I will always consider it to be mine alone.f" implies only he ever found it or went there. When he said "2 people can keep a secret if one of them is dead" is just his way of inferring no one else knows of this place, not his dad, not Skippy, not Peggy.

The other consistent theme in all the interviews between 2010 and now is that you have to solve the poem, and it is highly beneficial to do so with the help of TTOTC, and maps, of course. The Big Picture... you need that entire poem to take you to the right beginning... to where warm waters halt.

Or not... I certainly do not have the treasure chest and my wrong is just as wrong as the other 350,000 wrongs.
                Wow, that is a lot of work. Your efforts are much appreciated. Thank you, Cynthia.

Comment

Originally posted by Llesbob View Post
                  First thing first. What State. Lets look at "the big picture"
                  Why single out Colorado? Looks just like Wyoming: rectangular (to first order). Neither state is correct in my opinion.

Comment

Ant...Ele(ella)phANT

Comment

Forrest wants his legacy to live on. The person who finds the chest will inherit more than just the chest. They will become the guardian of Forrest's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Why single out Colorado? Looks just like Wyoming: rectangular (to first order). Neither state is correct in my opinion.
                        Here you go
                        Attached Files

Comment

If you can figure out the first line in the poem, you're more than halfway there, to the big picture I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post
                            If you can figure out the first line in the poem, you're more than halfway there, to the big picture I mean.
                            You can’t figure out the first line until you’ve cracked the nine clues and found the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

You can’t figure out the first line until you’ve cracked the nine clues and found the chest.
                              Oh yes i can

Comment

Working...
                              X