Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reconciling ‘Take it in the canyon down’ with ‘ No paddle up your creek’.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntoColorado View Post
    Ask Lewis and Clark ...
    Are they still in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

Are they still in the game?
      Game/puzzle. Go there to answer the question raised by this thread. If you can't get it in one week, call back

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

I've had an exact precise spot at least ten times.
        Did you get any feedback from others about these exact precise spots? In some cases one can't see one's own mistake(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Did you get any feedback from others about these exact precise spots? In some cases one can't see one's own mistake(s).
          Thanks for asking Old Pilot. I am reluctant to post parts of my solve on the blogs for fear that it would give too much away. My close family members long ago decided I was crazy and have no interest in discussing the Chase with me. And, as for my search partner, all I can say is that if you knew him then you would understand the problem. Some people are not able to "listen good".

Comment

Like somebody else said, the chests location was suppose to be pinpointed before you ever do BOTG. Just like the blaze and look quickly down. . Look quickly down from Fenns eyes and to the right about 10 feet, you see a U-turn arrow that points directly to the nook. That nook is surrounded by woody plants............. The ones in the image are also a bit thorny. Glad I brought gloves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_plant

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
              There’s a way to pinpoint the exact spot. Forrest even told us, the clues in the poem will lead you precisely to the treasure. The finder will have moved with confidence.
              Before you spend money and go BOTG, if you want to save yourself some money and a letdown and deflation of morale, I suggest you have an exact precise spot.
              Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

I've had an exact precise spot at least ten times.
              I am one of those people that believes you can not know the exact spot before you are BOTG. I am not married to Arrowhead Arch as the Blaze. Though I think it would be a very Fenn like thing to do, it is in a spot that I feel is too dangerous to be where the chest is located. I have always believed that the chest would be at the base of the Blaze, and in the case of the arch I think that location is too dangerous. Can it still be the Blaze or at least play a role in showing us the Chest location through a line of sight or illumination of a location? Perhaps, but I am not counting on that.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post
                I think this phrase is your search-ending mistake: the HOB, that will be lower in elevation.
                It kills thousands of solutions in a single blow. Fenn's giant killer, solution killer, lead dog killer; an Escher painting of endless failure.

https://giphy.com/gifs/day-w9yIu38Qa6Vnq

That is a great video! I am using that!

So, you think “Put in below the home of Brown” is not lower than WWWH?

Comment

Originally posted by angelasilverstone View Post
                  Like somebody else said, the chests location was suppose to be pinpointed before you ever do BOTG. Just like the blaze and look quickly down. . Look quickly down from Fenns eyes and to the right about 10 feet, you see a U-turn arrow that points directly to the nook. That nook is surrounded by woody plants............. The ones in the image are also a bit thorny. Glad I brought gloves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_plant
                  I have seen that photo somewhere else, but I cannot remember where. Maybe in another forum post. It is very interesting.

Is plant physiology involved in your solve? Your link made it seem like it might be if you are looking at phloem and xylem. What is that about?

Comment

Originally posted by creatchachacha View Post
                    Wayne - watch out for confirmation bias LOL - what if the first portion of your solve was correct (i.e. Osiers CO) and you are stuck framing it on the darn blaze, which you interpret to be a 4 1/2 feet by 6" NM354 arrow on the side of a 900 foot cliff. AND by the way, to see NM354 you have to scramble way off the track at the gorge and look sideways back at the tunnel (VERY dangerous and no place for the kids....). Its a 600 foot straight down drop with VERY loose rocks. We have been here looking in 2016 and 2018. Tom Terrific has been here 100's of times with his tours. THere are a few others. IMO the arch is mute and you are in the CORRECT AREA, but have a severe confirmation bias that keeps you stuck over at that darn tunnel.

The double omegas are the Rio de los Pinos Omega's, not the tunnels. The WWWH is Osiers or Cumbres Tours Rt17 location. Try to tie in the CDT (Continental Divide Trail). It passes right by both Cumbres Tours Rt17 WWWH and also below Osiers 1500 feet. https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=36.9...=0.3&a=c%2Cmba

CHECK OUT CRUCES SOLVES - they take a whole lot of your ideas (minus the Arch NM354 confirmation bias) and leads you straight to where the chest may be, more realistically. AND the GEOLOGY also speaks volumes in CRUCES!!!
                    I am considering solution theories for the Cruces Basin Wilderness Area as well. I like the entire area here both in southern CO and New Mexico. So do not fear, I am not limiting my focus too much. The whole area seems very plausible.

Comment

If you go down a creek and can't paddle up, and are looking at a map in the exact area... I think it becomes pretty clear what it all means. My opinion.
                      I have never seen anyone post my "heavy loads" theory.
                      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Working...
                      X