Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Forrest Fenn suggested to "turn over a log", what size log did he have in mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Forrest Fenn suggested to "turn over a log", what size log did he have in mind?

I don't think that Mr. Fenn wanted anyone to get injured trying to turn over a large log. But how small can a log be and still be a log? Are you familiar with miniature bonsai trees?
    Could a main trunk section from a small tree (bonsai or not) be a log, even if about an inch in diameter? If I find one of these about where I think the treasure is hidden, should I turn
    over that log? What happens if I simply move it without literally "turning it over"? What if there are more than one? What if there are dozens? Am I making anyone nervous? I thought so.

Sometimes if you disturb a fallen log, you destroy the fragile ecosystem established underneath them......

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
      Sometimes if you disturb a fallen log, you destroy the fragile ecosystem established underneath them......
      Good POINT (hee hee!). And I honestly do appreciate your delicate manner of reply. You have my respect. Actually, you've had it for a long time.

Comment

Obviously everything that Forrest says cannot be taken at face value.

The most logical conclusion is that Forrest is NOT talking about an actual rotten log, but rather, it is intended as an allusion to the natural logarithm with base of mathematical constant 'e'. Well known to be an irrational and transcendental number with an infinite number of non-repeating digits.

E.g. 'e' = 2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 959574966967627724076630353 .... ...

Now, if you take the number of lines in the poem, and then index into the numerical string, you will find, oh wait my phone battery is going flat.

Comment

If I was gonna runaway, where wood I hide?

Comment

After last nite, I think I have a hangover - wouldn't you say, if I red this write - we are all about to take off.
            "Ad astra per aspera" or should it be "Per aspera ad astra" ?
            Seat belts on. Cell phones off.
            I'm a bit scared.........

Comment

Comment

Turn over a "log". Okay: 601.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  Like 106? Good read.

Comment

"If you're brave and in the wood"

Comment

Logs of all sizes seem to be weaving themselves throughout this search, as well as a bit of mud.
                      Holy Moses, I get tired of all the controversy. Makes me wonder what will happen to the poor guy that finds the Tc (if and when it is found).
                      I'm not so sure that his reception by the crowd will be a joyful one.
                      You think that the bells will ring and the horns will honk as he passes thru the Arc of Triumph?
                      Or do you think that they will just throw tomatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                        I believe OH! would see that as 109.
                        "What we've learned is that you
                        should always tell the truth, but you should not always tell ALL of the
                        truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

I believe OH! would see that as 109.
                          No doubt he would! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            If I was gonna runaway, where wood I hide?
                            Maybe near a "runway". Thank you for conFIRMing one of my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by CrabbyMD

Runaways hide at airports ...between the thresholds.
                              Threshold reminds me of portal.

Comment

Working...
                              X