No announcement yet.

The last clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave my bones. Could be directional... just as go in peace could be. Making it the 6th or 7th clue.
    I've done it tired- clue 8. That seems like the easiest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

What’s tarhe?!
      wolf has kew insight : https://www.findingfenn.com/single-p...orrest-Fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
        Marvel gaze is "the icing on the cake."
        how come LS is so blind fgm23 s/he can't even see it?

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Your reference was to "leave my bones" that was supposed to have been in original poem.
          "My Bones" has special meaning that is derived from "making one's bones"
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_one%27s_bones
          So my response is related, you just was blind to it.
          Forrest would know these terms for sure.
          so take my bit of soul, and leave the ones i wronged. Side Note, my dad got a job with jimmy and was all excited and shared the news with grandpa who hit pop in the head with a baseball bat.

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post

so take my bit of soul, and leave the ones i wronged. Side Note, my dad got a job with jimmy and was all excited and shared the news with grandpa who hit pop in the head with a baseball bat.
            Some people really don't like the military.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

The bones in the Paris catacombs were not originally interred there in that cool, dark mine. The bodies of millions of Parisians across many centuries were relocated from standard, albeit crowded, burials to the catacombs in the last couple hundred years. Some of those bones are a thousand years old.

I'm not trying to nitpick. I just think it's fascinating how we deal with the inheritance of our ancestors' remains.
              San Francisco did the same thing in 1900-1912. They moved them to Colma California, just south of San Fran. The official motto of Colma is :
              "It's great to be alive in Colma." Being that the dead outnumber the living by about 1,000 to 1, I believe this is a very fitting motto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma,_California

Comment

Originally posted by Guy From Denver View Post
                San Francisco did the same thing in 1900-1912. They moved them to Colma California, just south of San Fran. The official motto of Colma is :
                "It's great to be alive in Colma." Being that the dead outnumber the living by about 1,000 to 1, I believe this is a very fitting motto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma,_California
                "Colma. It is night, I am alone, forlorn on the hill of storms. The wind is heard on the mountain. The torrent pours down the rock. No hut receives me from the rain; forlorn on the hill of winds!

"Rise, moon! from behind thy clouds. Stars of the night, arise! Lead me, some light, to the place where my love rests from the chase alone!"
                "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
                  I think "And hint of riches new and old."
                  Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                    Or a Paris catacomb. ;-)
                    I saw "Paris" and smiled.

Comment

My best guess is it's either if you've been wise and found the blaze or worth the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Why?
                        There is a whole stanza "before" the first clue, therefore it seems logical to me that something ended before we "begin".

"I don't know that anybody has...has.......has told me the..the clues...in the right order" ff - The Lure

"....you should start with the first clue and follow the others consecutively to the treasure. Hints in the book are not that organized." f (2014)

To the best of my knowledge, FF has never said the clues in the poem are arranged/written in consecutive order in the poem, only that they should be followed consecutively (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)......

Comment

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post

There is a whole stanza "before" the first clue, therefore it seems logical to me that something ended before we "begin".

"I don't know that anybody has...has.......has told me the..the clues...in the right order" ff - The Lure

"....you should start with the first clue and follow the others consecutively to the treasure. Hints in the book are not that organized." f (2014)

To the best of my knowledge, FF has never said the clues in the poem are arranged/written in consecutive order in the poem, only that they should be followed consecutively (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)......

The clues are consecutive! Most people think they’re the 9 lines starting with Wwwh. Some think they’re the 9 sentences, but I’ll tell you what they really are!

1- wwwh -
                          2- canyon down-
                          3- TFTW-
                          4- HOB-
                          5- no place for the meek-
                          6- drawing nigh-
                          7-no paddle up your creek just heavy loads and water high-
                          8- if you’ve been wise and found the blaze look quickly down (down to the next line in the poem) your quest to cease-
                          9 but tarry scant with marvel gaze, just take the chest and go in peace.

and I’m 100% tarry scant is the last clue. 100%.

Comment

The clues are consecutive! Most people think they’re the 9 lines starting with Wwwh. Some think they’re the 9 sentences, but I’ll tell you what they really are!

1- wwwh -
                            2- canyon down-
                            3- TFTW-
                            4- HOB-
                            6- drawing nigh-
                            8- if you’ve been wise and found the blaze look quickly down (down to the next line in the poem) your quest to cease-

I follow your thought process, but it just doesn't work for my understanding of the poem. I'm not exactly sure I ascribe to the 9 sentences = 9 clues, or to any other clue order scenario, other than the clues are consecutive. IMO the blaze should be found in the on the map after "the end drawing" and before "no paddle" simply due to the fact it is written in past tense, and that is where I find it on my own map. I know that doesn't make me correct, and more than once I have switched sides after thinking about things other people have said. I'd like to have that level of certainty that you do about the end, but I've looked at the poem and have been botg enough to know that is hard to come by (for me).

Comment

1- wwwh -
                              2- canyon down-
                              3- TFTW-
                              4- HOB-
                              6- drawing nigh-

I don't know if there's anything I'm 100% sure of, especially when it comes to the Chase. I'm not saying I think you're wrong. In fact it does seem reasonable that BTSWMG, JTTCAGIP could be the 9th clue. I'm just wondering what makes you so sure that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone
                                Imeverybodynow “9. but tarry scant with marvel gaze, just take the chest and go in peace. and I’m 100% tarry scant is the last clue. 100%.”

I understand tarry, but what do you consider ‘scant’?
                                a. Lacking time for adequate observation/ inefficient
                                b. Lacking matter for adequate observation/ inefficient
                                Rose,
                                I am a firm believer that the last clue is "tarry scant with marvel gaze".... At sunrise when it is still dark and the sun crests above the horizon, the sun causes a light reflection that can only be seen in the morning and only during the summer months due to its more northerly ascent... I know of this place at my solve! It saddens me that I cannot walk without a peg leg and cannot go back!

Comment

Working...
                                X