The last clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorManRB
    How could Fenn plan on leaving his bones on the surface and expect them to last for 100 years, with no scavengers taking him in every different direction?
    This has been discussed before, but I've never seen any satisfactory answer. So, good question.

My best answer, although not complete, would be some kind of deterrent .
    When I see this question, and try to answer it, my thoughts go to the time he spread pepper in a circle to keep the dogs from finding him.

So, same concept. But . . . if we try to answer this question in a literal sense, then what type of deterrent would last for a hundred years or longer ?

Comment

The final line to the poem is the final clue. You just have to dig into it.
      And so are the final two pages of TTOTC.
      "Rhythm means timing, rhythm means rhyme, the poems twenty four lines are all about tyme"
      --- OH!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

This has been discussed before, but I've never seen any satisfactory answer. So, good question.

My best answer, although not complete, would be some kind of deterrent .
        When I see this question, and try to answer it, my thoughts go to the time he spread pepper in a circle to keep the dogs from finding him.

So, same concept. But . . . if we try to answer this question in a literal sense, then what type of deterrent would last for a hundred years or longer ?
        RT,
        You said this has been discussed before. I've only been involved in the Chase for a few years so I might have missed it. Do you have a link to where the discussion took place?
        Thanks.

Comment

I know the story. I have seen them firsthand. Those were all stored dry out of the elements to begin with.

How could Fenn plan on leaving his bones on the surface and expect them to last for 100 years, with no scavengers taking him in every different direction?

The chest was meant to be an anchor, in my opinion. Skippy died with his weights on. How do you die from sleeping pills? You drown.
          There is a lot of outdated sayings people do not know the meanings of and cannot typically find online. I was introduced to a guy years ago as a man that paints houses, I said I do my own carpentry work also. You should have seen the look on that guys face because he knew the language.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...paint%20houses

https://www.amazon.com/Heard-You-Pai.../dp/1586420771
          Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-19-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

RT,
            You said this has been discussed before. I've only been involved in the Chase for a few years so I might have missed it. Do you have a link to where the discussion took place?
            Thanks.
            Oh wow, I've been a member of at least five sites and have been reading more than that. I could probably do a search and come up with something. I'll let you know if and when I do .

Comment

Oh wow, I've been a member of at least five sites and have been reading more than that. I could probably do a search and come up with something. I'll let you know if and when I do .
              Thanks

Comment

Please don't quote me and give a completely unrelated response.
                Your reference was to "leave my bones" that was supposed to have been in original poem.
                "My Bones" has special meaning that is derived from "making one's bones"
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_one%27s_bones
                So my response is related, you just was blind to it.
                Forrest would know these terms for sure.

Comment

RT,
                  Thanks.
                  Here's a couple of places. Some of the archives are completely jacked up at CC, so it makes things a bit difficult for a proper search.
                  There are better discussions, that relate to the bones/animals, just takes a bit of diligence to find them.
                  Will keep you posted as I come across them.
                  https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...read-2522.html
                  https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...read-8227.html
                  https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...ad-2586-2.html
                  Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 07-19-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Here's a couple of places. Some of the archives are completely jacked up at CC, so it makes things a bit difficult for a proper search.
                    There are better discussions, that relate to the bones/animals, just takes a bit of diligence to find them.
                    This is the oldest thread left at CC
                    You can search the threads in chronological order by changing number of thread which is number before .html.

https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...?thread-2.html

Here is the second thread ever created on CC that is still available to view in archives.

https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...?thread-3.html

Comment

Thanks RT. You're right about not seeing a satisfactory explanation. The suggestions were things like climbing inside a sealable rock crevice. That sounds a lot like a cave and he said no caves. The one I found most amusing was how, with his last bit of strength, he was going to pile rocks on top of his body.

Comment

Thanks RT. You're right about not seeing a satisfactory explanation. The suggestions were things like climbing inside a sealable rock crevice. That sounds a lot like a cave and he said no caves. The one I found most amusing was how, with his last bit of strength, he was going to pile rocks on top of his body.
                        sorry but where did he say with his last strength.....rock on top of body??

Comment

Originally posted by Captainahabseeks1 View Post

sorry but where did he say with his last strength.....rock on top of body??
                          Forrest never said anything like that. WarriorManRB's original question was about scavenger's taking Forrest's bones and scattering them in all directions. Roll Tide provided links to where this had been discussed before. Some of the posts seemed to imply that Forrest was going to pile rocks on top of his body and that's how he'd prevent scavengers from scattering his bones. My comment was meant to imply that this seemed highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

The bones in the Paris catacombs were not originally interred there in that cool, dark mine. The bodies of millions of Parisians across many centuries were relocated from standard, albeit crowded, burials to the catacombs in the last couple hundred years. Some of those bones are a thousand years old.

I'm not trying to nitpick. I just think it's fascinating how we deal with the inheritance of our ancestors' remains.
                            No-no, nitpick away. I was just there. I've been to Paris many times, but until this summer had never checked out the catacombs 20 meters below the surface on the Left Bank. Picked the perfect day to go: 85F in the city, sub-60 below ground. Pretty sensible reasons for bone relocations centuries ago: people were getting quite sick from the decaying flesh that once accompanied said bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                              No-no, nitpick away. I was just there. I've been to Paris many times, but until this summer had never checked out the catacombs 20 meters below the surface on the Left Bank. Picked the perfect day to go: 85F in the city, sub-60 below ground. Pretty sensible reasons for bone relocations centuries ago: people were getting quite sick from the decaying flesh that once accompanied said bones.
                              It was the first thing I wanted to do when I visited, followed by a visit to Pere Lachaise. My French friend who grew up in Lille thought there was something deeply wrong with me. I agreed, and he joined me anyway only to find he actually appreciated the experience.

Of course, I had another reason for going. IMO the resistance fighters of WWII were some of the bravest men and women of the war and paid dearly with their own and their families' lives. Since the French Resistance used the catacombs to great effect, I wanted to connect with them through that dark journey.

One of the most fascinating things happened afterwards when we told of our visit to some of my buddy's friends in the city. Many of them knew of homes and businesses where the basements led directly into them, and they had stories of nervous forays into the exposed areas. For some reason that blew my mind. I guess because it's so far removed from my own childhood.
                              "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Forrest never said anything like that. WarriorManRB's original question was about scavenger's taking Forrest's bones and scattering them in all directions. Roll Tide provided links to where this had been discussed before. Some of the posts seemed to imply that Forrest was going to pile rocks on top of his body and that's how he'd prevent scavengers from scattering his bones. My comment was meant to imply that this seemed highly unlikely.
                                With Forrest's last clue which is given to us as a hint of where he would park his car at Museum indicates to me his body would be found quite quickly. So we really don't want Forrest to do that or game is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X