Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blaze and what comes next

look quickly down?

So once you find the blaze, should the tread be located directly below it?! What are your guys thoughts?!

If you think that down is the direction towards your feet then you haven't been paying much attention to Fenn. How often does he give direct clues? Zero out of nine as far as I can see.
    Last edited by Guy From Denver; 07-29-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Weak and tired like Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
        look quickly down?

So once you find the blaze, should the tread be located directly below it?! What are your guys thoughts?!
        I'll probably get torn apart for posting this but I'll do it anyway.
        If you take the y in quickly and combine it with the d in down you get yd. That's the abbreviation for yard. Taking the remaining three letters in down and anagramming gives won. Does this mean look 1 yard down? Like the bells, is the chest also buried 3 feet deep?

Comment

Look down is pretty self explanatory
          Attached Files

Comment

The blaze is the closest thing you can ever get to.

Comment

Look quickly down. When you look quickly down, what is quicker? Is it tilting your head down to look, or glance down with your eyes quicker? To glance down is quicker in my opinion, so you possibly view the blaze from a distance. I say this because of the word "But". Your quest has ceased by viewing what is below, but now you have to tarry scant with marvel gaze. The word "but" introduces something else or "except for" -- "on the other hand" .................
              "Rhythm means timing, rhythm means rhyme, the poems twenty four lines are all about tyme"
              --- OH!!

Comment

Originally posted by angelasilverstone View Post
                Look down is pretty self explanatory
                If you think down is in the direction that gravity sucks then you have not been paying much attention to Fenn. There is nothing else in his poem that is simple and direct. Why should quickly down be any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                  look quickly down?

Right, the blaze is a big Hint!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy From Denver View Post
                    If you think that diwn is the direction towards your feet then you havent been paying much attention to Fenn. How often does he give direct clues? Zero out of nine as far as I can see.
                    There are no feet, just chest..lol

Comment

look quickly = peek

Comment

look quickly down = duck (verb)

maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by Hint View Post
                          The blaze is the closest thing you can ever get to.
                          Please pardon my skepticism of your simplistic comment.

Comment

Look quickly down = a short distance relative to the size of the blaze. If you see what looks like Fenns eyes and eyebrows, if you look down a few feet and to the right you see a black U-turn pointing to the nook. IMO it just means a short distance. Also since Fenn has not acknowledged me at all about this being his blaze, I am convinced it is because he has responded to numerous wrong solves of others in the past. https://www.hintofriches.com/filedata/fetch?id=109339

Comment

Working...
                            X