Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Forrest Fenn mean, that his treasure chest hasn't been found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreasurePoem.com View Post
    ... and quit the chase for good and then I will go on from there.
    Ha-ha-ha. You can check in, but you can never check out.

Comment

Originally posted by sadcom View Post

Ha-ha-ha. You can check in, but you can never check out.
      I've commented along those lines, saying that I hope I won't be addicted to the chase. I don't think I will be, because I have no other state/area that I could have even a tiny bit of confidence in, as a possible search area for his treasure chest.
      Last edited by TreasurePoem.com; 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM. Reason: added could

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post
        Dear Fred, I will just say a few things. I am starting to believe you are quite sincere, and if so, that is an endearing trait. Your apparent optimism is commendable and if there's one thing I believe for sure, the finder of the chest will be an incurable optimist. The execution of your fund raising effort so far is, in a word, terrible, and whomever says the world loves a trier, is a lier. There would seem every chance that the target of your search is indeed a rock. I would love to be the first to admit I was wrong. If you don't find it and are brave enough to admit it to the world - you're the man.
        The world burns for infernal optimists.
        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Fred: you keep mentioning chest dimensions of 10" x 10" x 5". Indulgence is not: it's 10"x10"x6".

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
            Fred: you keep mentioning chest dimensions of 10" x 10" x 5". Indulgence is not: it's 10"x10"x6".
            Forrest Fenn has said both 5" and 6", but I'm just giving my best estimate because it looks, as best that I can see, that it's half or about half the length or width of the object that I have videoed.
            Last edited by TreasurePoem.com; 07-18-2019, 11:34 PM. Reason: that's to that it's, added: santafe.com/podcasts Forrest: The chest is a beautiful cast bronze thing. Ten inches by ten inches and five inches high, and it's absolutely full of gold.

Comment

Poem solved, chest still hidden

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                yep I found it too and found tracks from the 8ft searcher all on the same day... the print starts with the big toe under the M.
                so I guess posting photos is giving away my solve then ya? so ya if you post pictures it's going to be a dead giveaway..
                Click image for larger version Name:	FGRHW2k.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	108870

Click image for larger version Name:	41669960_10213857585153158_463083240710733824_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	367.0 KB ID:	108868
                Couple of questions . . .
                What is the green/black object in the lower right of the photo that the knife is in ?
                Are the two photos, the one with the lighter and the one with the knife, taken from the same distance from the ground ?
                In other words, are you standing upright when taking both of them, or maybe standing upright in one but kneeling in the other ?

Trying to get some perspective on the size of that print.

Comment

the green/black object is the toe of my shoe, both the left and the right were taken standing up. the one on the left, the lighter is a mini bic and was a grizzly print with the fore print and rear foot falling in the same track when it was wet and muddy. the one on the right i suspect the same as it was inline with other grizzly track's, it was the more recent of the two and was in loose soil. and when I took the photo i was taking pictures of the grizzly tracks we saw that day. big toe is under the M instep to the right of the knife followed by the heel. so to put it in better context my intent wasn't to take a picture of a Sasquatch print I was taking pictures of bear prints (the rest came out blurry) but when I saw this one and noted that it looked like a squatch? I have had fun with that photo, I have never came out and said that it was Bigfoot but I have had people accuse me of faking it and that its photoshoped etc, nope it just a really degraded bear print with some other animal prints over the top of it in my opinion, if i had to guess i would say the the area under the big toe is a bison print over part of a grizzly print.
                  Back story on the knife, lost it two weeks before this photo was taken and went back to the location and the knife was sitting out in the open on top of a rock close to where we had been searching but in an area we had not gone.. it was definitely odd. and the picture was taken about half way up to the wolf pen's at Rose creek above the Lamar Buffalo Ranch, when I showed it to the ranger we both agreed it was grizzly, and there is a big Boar (big) that frequents that part of the valley.

Comment

Thanks. I've seen prints of similar size and appearance here in southeast Okla, but we don't have grizz here.
                    That is sorta odd about the knife.

Comment

n
                      Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                      Thanks. I've seen prints of similar size and appearance here in southeast Okla, but we don't have grizz here.
                      That is sorta odd about the knife.
                      I didn't see any grizz in Mcalester either. I heard a lot of ordinance going off though. And it shook my drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X