Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has come of Bree 19 so far....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What has come of Bree 19 so far....

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=creator_nav

    https://youtu.be/6J3uGnNDlYI

    https://vimeo.com/347405560

    and there are pics posted at dals, Harry's and fb.

  • #2
    Thanks for sharing Jamie! Nice to see Forrest staying hydrated... That altitude up at Hyde Park is tough but he's probably used to it... I want to see more of the documentary on Seattle... So happy he won the BOOK!

    Comment


    • #3
      I love that shot where Forrest gets his blanket from Larry! He's smiling from the left ear to the right! Happy man!

      The third link is a teaser of Jens Eser's Project. Great camera and he has not only the crème de la crème of the search community in front of the camera… he also shoots the underdogs and catches the basic motivations and feelings of all those guys! I am really impressed and would love to see more! Seattle Sullivan will definitely be a highlight! Keep that book, man!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Homeless guy hunts treasure. Only in America!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
          I love that shot where Forrest gets his blanket from Larry! He's smiling from the left ear to the right! Happy man!

          The third link is a teaser of Jens Eser's Project. Great camera and he has not only the crème de la crème of the search community in front of the camera… he also shoots the underdogs and catches the basic motivations and feelings of all those guys! I am really impressed and would love to see more! Seattle Sullivan will definitely be a highlight! Keep that book, man!!!
          He should have auctioned the book right there as Forrest recommended him to do. If there was someone really there with 3 grand willing to buy it, he made a mistake.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

            He should have auctioned the book right there as Forrest recommended him to do. If there was someone really there with 3 grand willing to buy it, he made a mistake.
            I dunno, if past auctions are any indication of potential worth, then it might fetch twice that much.
            Then again, there are some things that money just can't buy.
            Daniel Castro (Blues)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

              I dunno, if past auctions are any indication of potential worth, then it might fetch twice that much.
              Then again, there are some things that money just can't buy.
              The winner said he was never going to sell. I just see that as foolish. If what was said that he was homeless is true. Then to hang onto the book is foolish in my opinion. You are correct that there are people paying way too much money for the thrill of the chase items. It is a fan based market and very limited at that. Toby said on one of his videos that the chest may fetch 5-8 million dollars because of it's provenance. I find that hard to believe , but the average type of person hunting for the treasure may believe such a thing. The chest is full of good investment type items and that is primarily all there is to it. Sure individual items should sell at a bit of a premium but not 5 to 8 times there already collectors value. If I was to find treasure I would make replicas of the coolest items and sell those. Holding onto the actual items in a safety deposit box. That way the fan based buyers could have their momentos of special origin. If people with big bucks that just have to have the originals come forward with crazy size offers I certainly would entertain. I think 3 grand for a 40 dollar book was that kinda offer.
              Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-11-2019, 12:15 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                The winner said he was never going to sell. I just see that as foolish. If what was said that he was homeless is true. Then to hang onto the book is foolish in my opinion. You are correct that there are people paying way too much money for the thrill of the chase items. It is a fan based market and very limited at that. Toby said on one of his videos that the chest may fetch 5-8 million dollars because of it's provenance. I find that hard to believe , but the average type of person hunting for the treasure may believe such a thing. The chest is full of good investment type items and that is primarily all there is to it. Sure individual items should sell at a bit of a premium but not 5 to 8 times there already collectors value. If I was to find treasure I would make replicas of the coolest items and sell those. Holding onto the actual items in a safety deposit box. That way the fan based buyers could have their momentos of special origin. If people with big bucks that just have to have the originals come forward with crazy size offers I certainly would entertain. I think 3 grand for a 40 dollar book was that kinda offer.
                Just to be accurate, I said that the treasure, complete and intact, would be worth at least $5 - 8 million when auctioned by a credible house like Sotheby's. My contact at Sotheby's agrees. She knows her client base, and their desire to own items that are unique, irrespective of their intrinsic value. Fenn's treasure certainly qualifies.

                t.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AGypsysKiss View Post

                  Just to be accurate, I said that the treasure, complete and intact, would be worth at least $5 - 8 million when auctioned by a credible house like Sotheby's. My contact at Sotheby's agrees. She knows her client base, and their desire to own items that are unique, irrespective of their intrinsic value. Fenn's treasure certainly qualifies.

                  t.
                  I like that !
                  Daniel Castro (Blues)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AGypsysKiss View Post

                    Just to be accurate, I said that the treasure, complete and intact, would be worth at least $5 - 8 million when auctioned by a credible house like Sotheby's. My contact at Sotheby's agrees. She knows her client base, and their desire to own items that are unique, irrespective of their intrinsic value. Fenn's treasure certainly qualifies.

                    t.
                    That is interesting Toby ! And is different than the way you put it on your show. I don't disagree how values actually work. Just that I had no reason to believe there were actually people that had such interest in the chest that could actually afford to pay such a price. Poor people tend to overvalue item's even more than people that are rich. Thank you for responding. If someone found chest would you give them your contact's name at Sotheby's ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                      That is interesting Toby ! And is different than the way you put it on your show. I don't disagree how values actually work. Just that I had no reason to believe there were actually people that had such interest in the chest that could actually afford to pay such a price. Poor people tend to overvalue item's even more than people that are rich. Thank you for responding. If someone found chest would you give them your contact's name at Sotheby's ?
                      If they could provide evidence they had found the chest, yes.

                      t.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X