The number 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

I'm not familiar with any of that. I think if anyone found the X, the chest would've been found as well.
    10 is a clue, not an x and there's the fail safe

Comment

The last time the Autumn Equinox was on September 24th was in 1931. The next time it will be on September 24th is in the year 2303. I can't recall Fenn ever saying it was on the 24th.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and Fenn did say on or about the 24th. He kind of missed the ball on that one, but he is right about twice every 372 years.
      Last edited by Guy From Denver; 07-10-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy From Denver View Post
        The 24th element on the periodic table is not Gold. It's chromium. Gold is the 79th element on the periodic table.
        Walking Among Lions may have copy-and-pasted that "mistake news" from Sacha. (Sacha once explained her "error" by saying that what she meant was that gold is the 24th element -- in its row of the periodic table -- but unfortunately even that is wrong. I think she simply subtracted 55 (Cesium) from 79 (Gold) to come up with 24 -- a common mistake. (After all, by that technique cesium would be the zeroth element of that row.) Bottom line is that you can't tie gold's position in the periodic table to the number 24 by anything but the most convoluted methods.
        Last edited by Zapster; 07-12-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Walking Among Lions mat have copy-and-pasted that "mistake news" from Sacha. (Sacha once explained her "error" by saying that what she meant was that gold is the 24th element -- in its row of the periodic table -- but unfortunately even that is wrong. I think she simply subtracted 55 (Cesium) from 79 (Gold) to come up with 24 -- a common mistake. (After all, by that technique cesium would be the zeroth element of that row.) Bottom line is that you can't tie gold's position in the periodic table to the number 24 by anything but the most convoluted methods.

With that kind of math who needs a philosopher's stone?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Walking Among Lions mat have copy-and-pasted that "mistake news" from Sacha. (Sacha once explained her "error" by saying that what she meant was that gold is the 24th element -- in its row of the periodic table -- but unfortunately even that is wrong. I think she simply subtracted 55 (Cesium) from 79 (Gold) to come up with 24 -- a common mistake. (After all, by that technique cesium would be the zeroth element of that row.) Bottom line is that you can't tie gold's position in the periodic table to the number 24 by anything but the most convoluted methods.
            You could say 24k gold, but ti my knowledge there is no fine bullion in the chest.

Comment

Is it weird for me to know why? Like to everything people ask and talk about? I certainly can't even want to tell what to do with X.
              Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                Can everyone give examples where Forrest uses the number 24? I know there are 24 lines in the poem. Are there other instances where he uses 24 in an interview, quote, article, etc?

Update:
                1. 24 lines in the poem
                2. X is the 24th letter in the alphabet
                3. Omega is the 24th letter in the greek alphabet.
                4. Gold is the 24th element of the periodic table. (Delete - Wrong)
                5. Forrest releases his public announcements on February 4 each year - 2/4/201X - 242019 - 24.
                6. Forrest retired from the military with 20 years and 24 days.
                7. Forrest said the Autumn Equinox is on September 24.
                8. Forrest said Cynthia Anne Parker lived with Comanche for 24 years.
                9. Forrest said you can catch 24 inch trout in yellowstone.
                10. On 10/23/2013 - Forrest said in an interview he passed 24,000 emails.
                No -- not everybody can.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

No -- not everybody can.
                  Here is what I think is most important 24 to Forrest.
                  His first blog post on his website which was almost 11 years before the chase.

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...-indiana-jones

Date August 24, 2000

******** Below is from the ending of that blog post*********

As another example of extremism, an archaeologist from the University of New Mexico said he would resign from the SAA because its president was a speaker at the “Clovis and Beyond” conference. He evidently objected to privately owned Clovis materials being displayed at the conference along side those held in the public trust, including collections from the Peabody Museum, The Smithsonian Institution, The Denver Natural History Museum, the University of Texas, and many others.

Public money for archaeological research is rapidly becoming an endangered species, necessitating an increased dependence on private funding, much of which comes either directly from collectors or is heavily influenced by them. There are things professional archaeologists can do to help themselves. Here is some advice and a few observations from Indiana Jones to the SAA

1. I am born of you and am nourished by your lectures, your reports, and your beautiful museum displays. Thank you for giving me life.

2. Leave the jargon at home. Your future depends on increased public interest, and that’s where your future funding will originate. If 14-year-old students don’t understand your report, you’re doing it wrong. And incidentally, color in books is OK.

3. Stop whining about what amateurs are doing. You have bigger problems at home, like unreported field work, for starters.

4. Collectors are not going away, and you’re heavily outnumbered. Get used to it and learn from them.

5. Don’t get carried away with your importance. Private property rights come first, now and always.

6. If it’s a Canis Latrans bone, give us a break; say it’s part of a coyote.

7. Your peers already know you’re smart, so write for the rest of us sometime. We’ll buy your book and read it; they probably won’t

8. Lighten up. It’s not as if dreaded diseases are being cured or famines being prevented by archaeology. You should be enjoying it more

Comment

Let's talk "military time."

Comment

Great observations Codex... ^
                      to me it all seems a great case as to why he would want to hide it on "the people's land"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190705-152759_Earth.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	108262
                      24... after two years of search and research. I have reached an end on my map, the head of a thick skinned armadillo. 200' wide and 500' around. The center of which is exactly 24 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone.

Name:	Screenshot_20190706-102347_Earth.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	108263
                      If I can't get someone to go look for free, perhaps I should pay a professional treasure hunter to go look? Do y'all think I could afford that Dal guy?
                      .. probably only take a few hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                        Great observations Codex... ^
                        to me it all seems a great case as to why he would want to hide it on "the people's land"

Name:	Screenshot_20190705-152759_Earth.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	108262
                        24... after two years of search and research. I have reached an end on my map, the head of a thick skinned armadillo. 200' wide and 500' around. The center of which is exactly 24 miles from the west entrance to Yellowstone.

Name:	Screenshot_20190706-102347_Earth.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	108263
                        If I can't get someone to go look for free, perhaps I should pay a professional treasure hunter to go look? Do y'all think I could afford that Dal guy?
                        .. probably only take a few hours...
                        Sacha Johnston will do contract work.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

Sacha Johnston will do contract work.
                          Thanks! I'll drop her a line.

Comment

Some more 24's you can add to the pile:
                            TTOTC pg. 78: "The 'freedom plane' was to take me home in just four days, on the 24th of December, 1968."
                            TTOTC pg. 79: "A quick scan of the twenty-four gauges on the instrument panel said my ship was willing and ready, so with a head nod we rolled in tight formation."
                            TFTW pg. 64: "The other twenty-four students were officers."

TFTW pg. 116: "Academically, at West Point, cadet MacArthur earned 2424.12 grade merits out of a possible 2470, or 98.14%, the highest mark ever achieved at that institution."

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post

Thanks! I'll drop her a line.
                              Oh thats good. While you have her on the line, ask her about that TC raffle. Someone posted a question on it but it was removed right away.

Comment

Working...
                              X