The number 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number 24

Can everyone give examples where Forrest uses the number 24? I know there are 24 lines in the poem. Are there other instances where he uses 24 in an interview, quote, article, etc?

Update:
    1. 24 lines in the poem
    2. X is the 24th letter in the alphabet
    3. Omega is the 24th letter in the greek alphabet.
    4. Gold is the 24th element of the periodic table. (Delete - Wrong)
    5. Forrest releases his public announcements on February 4 each year - 2/4/201X - 242019 - 24.
    6. Forrest retired from the military with 20 years and 24 days.
    7. Forrest said the Autumn Equinox is on September 24.
    8. Forrest said Cynthia Anne Parker lived with Comanche for 24 years.
    9. Forrest said you can catch 24 inch trout in yellowstone.
    10. On 10/23/2013 - Forrest said in an interview he passed 24,000 emails.

Additions:
    11. TTOTC pg. 78: "The 'freedom plane' was to take me home in just four days, on the 24th of December, 1968."
    12. TTOTC pg. 79: "A quick scan of the twenty-four gauges on the instrument panel said my ship was willing and ready, so with a head nod we rolled in tight formation."
    13. TFTW pg. 64: "The other twenty-four students were officers."
    14. TFTW pg. 116: "Academically, at West Point, cadet MacArthur earned 2424.12 grade merits out of a possible 2470, or 98.14%, the highest mark ever achieved at that institution."
    15. The Mother of Indiana Jones - Date article wrote - August 24, 2000
    Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 07-13-2019, 11:14 AM.

Here's a few, thanks to the Tarry Scant website...interesting when 24 is mentioned often he is also speaking of being blindsided or needles in the eye. Goes well with my thread/ ball of string.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190710-110308_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	108018
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190710-110410_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	108019
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190710-110520_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	108020
    ....on the lighter side-
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190710-111328_Google.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	108024
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190710-111618_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	108022
    Last edited by Castellaw1685; 07-10-2019, 11:22 AM.
    "Felix the Feline keeps on walking, keeps on walking still. With his hands behind him, You will always find him. Blew him up with dynamite, but him they couldn't kill. Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!"

Comment

Here's an interesting one. It's more of the person writing Forrest speaks of being blinded by the adventure of war...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190710-113823_Chrome.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	108026
      I can relate to the "do more with less " at my job now... I do the role of 2 different job positions now, and now they're training me for a 3rd.. guess they figure technology makes it easier and people more interchangeable? I ask for more pay and suddenly they go blind.. ah well. Hope y'all have a good day.
      t
      "Felix the Feline keeps on walking, keeps on walking still. With his hands behind him, You will always find him. Blew him up with dynamite, but him they couldn't kill. Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!"

Comment

Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye;
        Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie . . .

X is what's missing from the poem.
        X marks the spot.
        X is the final clue.

The final clue, he said, would be . . . in the parking lot . . .

A sixpence was a British coin which was also known as a 'tanner'.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixpence_(British_coin)

tanner - into the parking lot - in the parking lot
        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/tanner/synonyms

Comment

Hmm there's a pocket dinosaur and a dinosaur at one end of my map near the parking lot, and a blackbird with a fox at the far end... interesting. You might be on to something...

He sure uses the word 'pocket' a lot.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190710-130055_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	108033
          ...believe most people would say handful.
          24/7
          Last edited by Castellaw1685; 07-10-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Why is x the final clue?

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
              Why is x the final clue?
              X marks the spot on a treasure map ?

Comment

Why is x the final clue?
                Because X = 10. The 10th clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham
                  Ive always had an affinity for the number 23, after all Fenn's parents are buried in Row 4 Block 23

Hmmm..."Every 23rd word of every 23rd page," where did I put my copy of TTOTC
                  Someone told me it was block 24, not block 23.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                    Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye;
                    Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie . . .

X is what's missing from the poem.
                    X marks the spot.
                    X is the final clue.

The final clue, he said, would be . . . in the parking lot . . .

A sixpence was a British coin which was also known as a 'tanner'.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixpence_(British_coin)

tanner - into the parking lot - in the parking lot
                    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/tanner/synonyms
                    That’s great! But....there is no parking lot where I’m searching. DRAT!

Comment

So there must be an X, and the chest quickly down from it.

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

Because X = 10. The 10th clue.
                        isn't that the non clue? the fallen timbers near ohio, chief tarhe, and the phantom knows, the tarhe helicopter, wolf did a nice piece on 10, i think its back logged at finding forest.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post

That’s great! But....there is no parking lot where I’m searching. DRAT!
                          Are you sure ?
                          https://www.classicthesaurus.com/parking_lot

Comment

isn't that the non clue? the fallen timbers near ohio, chief tarhe, and the phantom knows, the tarhe helicopter, wolf did a nice piece on 10, i think its back logged at finding forest.
                            I'm not familiar with any of that. I think if anyone found the X, the chest would've been found as well.

Comment

The 24th element on the periodic table is not Gold. It's chromium. Gold is the 79th element on the periodic table.

Comment

Working...
                              X