Cynthia’s Solve revealed by Press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynthia View Post

There's no need to "bluff" as you suggested I might have done. According to the survey on AGK (343 people participated), only 16% believe the treasure chest is hidden in Wyoming outside YNP. That means 84% of the people that read the Money Magazine article wouldn't even consider my solution. Also, the photographer took over 100 pictures. I had no idea which ones would be selected. And truthfully, I didn't care. I had already searched my specific "special place" hidey spot once before they took the photos and I knew I'd have one more search there before the article was published. Since then, I've modified my solutions to the clues but will still search the same general area again the end of July. I will probably publish my entire solve and supporting data the end of August if the treasure chest has still not been found by me or another searcher.
    I learned ling ago while being trained in the handling of confidential materials that a great deal is given away by violating the plain sight doctrine. The only time sensitive materials are left in open view was during counter espionage or by fools. Not long ago a major computer system was hacked because an IT giy posted a photo of himself online in front of his computer not realizing thst his password was on a sticky note on his monitor. Bezt practicenis to never let anything be seen that you dont want seen. Gary Hart learned that lesson with the Monkey Business. Leaving potentially sensitive materials in plain view it inviting others to use them as they see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by cynthia View Post

There's no need to "bluff" as you suggested I might have done. According to the survey on AGK (343 people participated), only 16% believe the treasure chest is hidden in Wyoming outside YNP. That means 84% of the people that read the Money Magazine article wouldn't even consider my solution. Also, the photographer took over 100 pictures. I had no idea which ones would be selected. And truthfully, I didn't care. I had already searched my specific "special place" hidey spot once before they took the photos and I knew I'd have one more search there before the article was published. Since then, I've modified my solutions to the clues but will still search the same general area again the end of July. I will probably publish my entire solve and supporting data the end of August if the treasure chest has still not been found by me or another searcher.
      Hi Cynthia: while I was initially surprised to see images of what I might call some of your "working papers," I knew that you would never have allowed reporters to photograph anything that you weren't comfortable with making public. A map with sticky labels doesn't reveal the logic behind their selection, and without the explanations a would-be "claim jumper" won't appreciate the significance and so won't have your confidence. You bring up the most relevant point: searchers tend not to pay much attention to solutions that don't align with their own thoughts.

I haven't seen Toby and Shelley's compiled statistics from the survey they posted -- the 16% figure for respondents who believe the treasure is in Wyoming (but outside YNP) sounds about right. I'm going to assume Colorado may be even lower than that. Does New Mexico (still) have the highest number of searchers? There have been a number of relatively recent defectors who have followed your lead to head north, but it sure seems like a lot of people are convinced it's in NM. Interestingly, a majority of prominent vloggers are in that camp.

Comment

Are you people fricking kidding me? Cynthia puts something out (intentional or not), but decides to come clean and do a video about it and she is thrown shade. She is being told this is just a game. I have NEVER seen such a giving searcher. Not to new searchers, like me, not to press who she is gracious with, not to the entire community who she gets items for the entire community in a free give away. Throw shade at Cynthia, honestly, you are so far off base, you should be committed to an insane asylum.

I am sorry I even brought it up....... some people are experts, not at intelligence, but being dumb beyond dumb.

cynthia - sorry the blogs are not even entertaining anymore, a few make them pathetic.
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

I agree. I've never met Cynthia but she seems like a wonderful person and someone who would be welcome to sit at my table.
          But, it's like you say, there are certain ones who should be committed. Then again, maybe they were, and got out on the catch-and-release program.
          Daniel Castro (Blues)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

Think about that for a second - if you give it thought, you can figure out why it's a design deficiency!
            I’m not sure we’re seeing the same issue, but I, personally, get sunburned in a lead encased cave. Maybe they’re doing more with window glazing these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham

If you’re going to put yourself out there as the face of the chase you have to expect a certain amount of criticism. All of the “chase celebrities” who have made themselves available to the national media have one thing in common; they don’t have the chest. But by virtue of their celebrity status they are deemed to be qualified “experts” on the chase. Criticism is healthy, it leads to new ideas. If you suppress criticism you are suppressing free thought. I don’t agree with the drama some of these individuals have had to contend with, you in particular Kpro. But as Harrry Truman once said “if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.”
              I agree with you on this. It is true that those that want to throw the shade, or the heat in the kitchen, certainly can. Most often I ignore it and move on, but I also have the right to call it like I see it, as a chase celebrity, at least puts themselves out there, those that throw personal shade are just hiding behind a handle. And no, I am not talking about you. Just in general. At least she has the XXXX to say it like she sees it and stands by what she says.

Am I bias, yes. Do I know her personally, yes. Would I stand behind most searchers and say something, no.

Also, I HATE the term Chase Celebrity. Especially when it comes to being an expert about how to find the TC. Everyone is on an even playing field, nobody knows more or knows how to solve it, they have ideas, just like every single person in this hunt. I get thrown lots of shade for thinking I am an expert. Nope, not one little bit. I just like to talk about my thoughts. You all know that, I like to talk.... haha (working on that).
              “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

I agree with you on this. It is true that those that want to throw the shade, or the heat in the kitchen, certainly can. Most often I ignore it and move on, but I also have the right to call it like I see it, as a chase celebrity, at least puts themselves out there, those that throw personal shade are just hiding behind a handle. And no, I am not talking about you. Just in general. At least she has the XXXX to say it like she sees it and stands by what she says.

Am I bias, yes. Do I know her personally, yes. Would I stand behind most searchers and say something, no.

Also, I HATE the term Chase Celebrity. Especially when it comes to being an expert about how to find the TC. Everyone is on an even playing field, nobody knows more or knows how to solve it, they have ideas, just like every single person in this hunt. I get thrown lots of shade for thinking I am an expert. Nope, not one little bit. I just like to talk about my thoughts. You all know that, I like to talk.... haha (working on that).
                To the first issue, CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

If our searcher status was reflected as earned rank, Cynthia would be our Four Star General because it is unlikely any other searcher has logged the time, number of solves, number of BOTG searchers she has. That makes her probably the most experienced searcher and possibly the one searcher who knows Fenn best. She must know more about what doesn't work than any other searcher. She knows what she can say and publish and how it will be taken, and what she can't.

Only someone approaching her level of searcher experience could give her criticism that isn't based on a perspective of pure ignorance. Maybe someone like Dal is in her league, but it is a very exclusive club at the very top of the searcher community that she resides in.

To the second issue, Celebrity is a compliment, accept it because you have earned it Kpro.

A celebrity is simply anyone with fans and/or followers. A celebrity can be anything from an artist to a car mechanic, like Scotty Kilmer who has 2.5 million subscribers, think he's making a few bucks from his channel? https://www.youtube.com/user/scottykilmer

But understand that while fans and followers are essential, it is a celebrity's haters who make them most famous. You do a good job dealing with all of that. And I don't have to agree with everything you do or say to respect you for doing what you do and just being you. The bottom line is you do a lot for the searcher community and I judge you by your results which are you unite the searcher community more than you divide it. This is despite being under almost constant scrutiny and attack and having the most shade thrown on you than any other searcher celeb. If the roles were reversed, they would have given up and quit a long time ago because I don't think they can take the heat they dish out the way you have managed to do so well. That's not to say some of the criticisms were not valid in my estimation, but the airing of them could have been done a lot more professionally and less viciously. You are still standing and doing better than ever, and that makes you every bit a Celebrity in my book, whether you like it or not and whether I like you or not.
                Last edited by LurkerMike; 07-09-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

To the first issue, CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

If our searcher status was reflected as earned rank, Cynthia would be our Four Star General because it is unlikely any other searcher has logged the time, number of solves, number of BOTG searchers she has. That makes her probably the most experienced searcher and possibly the one searcher who knows Fenn best. She must know more about what doesn't work than any other searcher. She knows what she can say and publish and how it will be taken, and what she can't.

Only someone approaching her level of searcher experience could give her criticism that isn't based on a perspective of pure ignorance. Maybe someone like Dal is in her league, but it is a very exclusive club at the very top of the searcher community that she resides in.

To the second issue, Celebrity is a compliment, accept it because you have earned it Kpro.

A celebrity is simply anyone with fans and/or followers. A celebrity can be anything from an artist to a car mechanic, like Scotty Kilmer who has 2.5 million subscribers, think he's making a few bucks from his channel? https://www.youtube.com/user/scottykilmer

But understand that while fans and followers are essential, it is a celebrity's haters who make them most famous. You do a good job dealing with all of that. And I don't have to agree with everything you do or say to respect you for doing what you do and just being you. The bottom line is you do a lot for the searcher community and I judge you by your results which are you unite the searcher community more than you divide it. This is despite being under almost constant scrutiny and attack and having the most shade thrown on you than any other searcher celeb. If the roles were reversed, they would have given up and quit a long time ago because I don't think they can take the heat they dish out the way you have managed to do so well. That's not to say some of the criticisms were not valid in my estimation, but the airing of them could have been done a lot more professionally and less viciously. You are still standing and doing better than ever, and that makes you every bit a Celebrity in my book, whether you like it or not and whether I like you or not.
                  I get all of it. And appreciate your words. But also, I guess there was less negative and more positive. Not in just the chase but in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham

If you’re going to put yourself out there as the face of the chase you have to expect a certain amount of criticism. All of the “chase celebrities” who have made themselves available to the national media have one thing in common; they don’t have the chest. But by virtue of their celebrity status they are deemed to be qualified “experts” on the chase. Criticism is healthy, it leads to new ideas. If you suppress criticism you are suppressing free thought. I don’t agree with the drama some of these individuals have had to contend with, you in particular Kpro. But as Harrry Truman once said “if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.”
                    It's not the finder of the chest that is gonna have the 7% mad at them. It will be chase celebrities that held themselves out as some sort of expert and led searchers astray. I'm not talking about anyone here on this thread. But I have witnessed at other chat places some real misleading done by chase celebrity experts. They will have to deal with the ugliest uglies in my opinion.

Comment

Hi,
                      I am TTT (Treasure Tracking Tinner) I started the Chase a year and a half ago.
                      I have kept away from the blogs because of all the drama. While everyone has an opinion on just about everything to do with the Chase.
                      We should be responsible for our own actions. That being said, counterintelligence only works if someone takes the bait. Forrest has said “there are no short cuts.”
                      As far as “ Chase Celebrities, the Chase Community has made them. I watch the shows on utube for fun, not information. The comments made about later searchers getting piles of information from the internet my be true, but how good is the information if nobody’s found the treasure. When I started the Chase, I stayed away from the net. And after I decided on a search location, then refined it with more information. But only information that comes from Forrest.
                      Think about this if you hid 2 million dollars and had 15 years to plan it. Would it be easy? You need to do the work. Both research and BOTG. That is the Chase.
                      Forrest also said, “ The finder will have earned the treasure.” I don’t see why everyone is so worried about what other searchers are doing. Just do your thing and have fun with the Chase. As long as you know there will be some work involved,
                      you’re going to have to earn it. Cynthia has the right idea. She is having fun and working hard at the same time.

Comment

Unfortunate..

Comment

If I ever let my solve out, this thing would be over this year. Someone could probably do better with it than I have. So far, I think I have seen maybe half of two clues explained, and no solved clues have ever reached consensus.
                          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Working...
                          X