Cynthia’s Solve revealed by Press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynthia’s Solve revealed by Press

In case you missed it, Cynthia is rolling with the results of an interview in which her solve was published without her being fully aware. In case you watch and follow her, here is the video and she is detailing it all on her blog.

https://youtu.be/WyrcEU7anlw
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

I searched Sunlight Basin and surrounding environs over a 4 day period last summer on my way to Function in the Junction #1; it's is an incredibly beautiful area. I also located the bison jump where Forrest and George hunted for skull caps - I found lots of bones but no bison skulls. Several years ago, a searcher posted a very detailed solution for Sunlight Basin on HOD, and Forrest made a positive comment regarding that solution. Cynthia unfortunately had her solution "outed", and although many may now stampede to that beautiful basin to search for Indulgence, I have a feeling those folks will be no more successful than those who have gone before them. It's a fantastic solution and a rather unique perspective on WWWH, but I think the area has been pretty well "combed over". But who knows... I wish Cynthia all the luck and love her videos.
    Last edited by SallyColorado; 07-06-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Well, at least now everything of Cynthia's is out in the open.

Comment

Hi SallyCO: have not investigated where Cynthia's latest solution is/was, but as much as I love her tenacity, I don't feel like she's attacking the poem ~intellectually~ as well as she has done so ~physically~. No one can deny her ferocity as far as physically/personally investigating her ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
          Hi SallyCO: have not investigated where Cynthia's latest solution is/was, but as much as I love her tenacity, I don't feel like she's attacking the poem ~intellectually~ as well as she has done so ~physically~. No one can deny her ferocity as far as physically/personally investigating her ideas.
          "I don't feel like she's attacking the poem ~intellectually"
          "No one can deny her ferocity as far as physically/personally investigating her ideas"
          ?
          Chase Theme Song: Chinese Democracy (Lyrics)
          Rule #X: Never trust anyone; ever!

Comment

Zapster...I am not one to criticize anyone's approach to solving the poem, and I too admire Cynthia for her drive and tenacity. I will say that over a year ago I shifted to an "each clue is a riddle to be unlocked" approach because "stomping out the clues" for the prior 3 years proved fruitless for me.

I was recently interviewed for a podcast by Adam and Dave (you will recognize them from Cynthia's blogpost and pictures from FITJ), and the questions asked were decidedly geared toward exploring the psychological/intellectual profile of a searcher, including impacts on personal lives, keeping balance in life, risk taking behaviors etc. .

Searching for this treasure had been, for me, an very interesting journey into the depths of my psyche. The interview process gave me additional insights into my personal journey and evolution as a searcher. It is easy to get seduced by every possible or potential WWWH, HOB, and associated rabbit holes. Searcher 101. I feel that as searchers we must apply a combination of keen intellect, imagination, and logic to the puzzle, while maintaining a balanced work/searcher/personal life. It isnt easy because the desire to solve the puzzle can become an addiction.

One key take away from this summer's search season that I have come to understand from various posted solutions and discussions is that many people are getting to the same search area via multiple different WWWH. When that occurs, I think we can agree our WWWH is incorrect. There is only one WWWH. It's a one way in and out journey. Cynthia's most recent solution follows the above rule so she has a better chance than many at finding it this time and I hope she does! In the meanwhile it's a lot of fun following her adventures.

Comment

SallyColorado: "It's a fantastic solution and a rather unique perspective on WWWH..."

I am curious. Is there a link for finding out exactly what Meachum's solution to WWWH is? It does not seem to be indicated by her in her video referenced by kpro in this thread. Does it have to do with bathing in the nude at Ojo Caliente?

Comment

Bob - Money Magazine June 17th . I'm terrible with links but if this doesn't work it's really easy to google the article.
                ttp://money.com/money/longform/theres-a-treasure-chest-worth-millions-hidden-somewhere-in-the-rocky-mountains-these-searchers-are-dedicating-their-lives-and-savings-to-finding-it/.
                It's a pretty good article with many familiar faces and their stories. It made me think a little more about what we all "invest" in this chase. I believe that without Cynthias' prior knowledge they used her treasure map as a backdrop to her picture, then showed a close up later in the article. No, nude bathing is not involved as far as I know!
                Last edited by SallyColorado; 07-07-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

http://money.com/money/longform/ther...=pocket-newtab
                  Daniel Castro (Blues)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

Comment

Thanks RT I need all the help I can get! What did you think of the article?

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                      In case you missed it, Cynthia is rolling with the results of an interview in which her solve was published without her being fully aware. In case you watch and follow her, here is the video and she is detailing it all on her blog.

https://youtu.be/WyrcEU7anlw
                      Well she did let them take the pictures, so she had to expect that they were going to publish them. This really doesn't seem so accidental as it seems intentional. You aren't going to freely give out information without expecting it to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyColorado View Post
                        Bob - Money Magazine June 17th . I'm terrible with links but if this doesn't work it's really easy to google the article.
                        ttp://money.com/money/longform/theres-a-treasure-chest-worth-millions-hidden-somewhere-in-the-rocky-mountains-these-searchers-are-dedicating-their-lives-and-savings-to-finding-it/.
                        It's a pretty good article with many familiar faces and their stories. It made me think a little more about what we all "invest" in this chase. I believe that without Cynthias' prior knowledge they used her treasure map as a backdrop to her picture, then showed a close up later in the article. No, nude bathing is not involved as far as I know!
                        Thanks for the reply.

I have read that article and reread it. I saw the map. BUT, I don't get from it what her specific solution to WWWH is. I mean, there is a pointer for WWWH to an area around a Sunlight Creek. But I can't interpret that as being very specific. Nor can I figure out exactly what her rationale for that being WWWH is. You wrote, "a unique perspective on WWWH," so I was wondering what exactly IS her WWWH solution (expressed in words), what is her rationale for it, and what makes it a unique perspective? I thought perhaps there was another source of such info from Meachum, looked on her blog, and didn't find it there either.

Sorry, to bother you.

BTW. To give a link in Windows one should only need to highlight and copy (Control C) the URL from the website one wishes to link to and then paste (control V) it into the text one is writing (the text to be posted here). One must be sure that one highlights the entire URL by starting at the very beginning and waiting for scrolling to occur to the right and all the way to the very end of a possibly very long URL. The address you gave was correct save for the lack of the first "h" in the "http". When I copied that address, pasted it into the address window, and added the "h" up front, it worked just fine. Had the whole "http" been present it would have been automatically converted to a clickable link.

Thanks again.
                        Last edited by Bob823; 07-07-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Hi SallyCO: at least one of your points is well-taken -- since no one has found the treasure yet, who can say what strategy will be the winning one? Personally, I think a searcher who has been on over 100 BOTG trips -- possibly to all four states -- is ~probably~ not spending enough time critiquing their solutions before heading out into the wilds. I think we can agree that finding the chest through a process of elimination is not a winning strategy. ;-) But if people are having fun doing it, then they have achieved the goal of enjoying the thrill of the chase.

"I was recently interviewed for a podcast by Adam and Dave (you will recognize them from Cynthia's blogpost and pictures from FITJ), and the questions asked were decidedly geared toward exploring the psychological/intellectual profile of a searcher, including impacts on personal lives, keeping balance in life, risk taking behaviors etc." Interesting angle. Was this the Denver-based team that Dal mentioned on HoD who were looking to interview Colorado searchers?

"Searching for this treasure had been, for me, an very interesting journey into the depths of my psyche. The interview process gave me additional insights into my personal journey and evolution as a searcher. It is easy to get seduced by every possible or potential WWWH, HOB, and associated rabbit holes."

I think this sort of challenge attracts people with at least mild OCD. It's not the sort of problem that's going to get solved in a weekend, or a month, and probably not even in a year. Success will require a pretty big time commitment.

"One key take away from this summer's search season that I have come to understand from various posted solutions and discussions is that many people are getting to the same search area via multiple different WWWH. When that occurs, I think we can agree our WWWH is incorrect."

I know what you mean. Being in the right area for the wrong reasons is unlikely to lead to success. In that scenario, the searcher is probably looking for the wrong things since their spot is not aligned with the clue they're trying to solve.

Comment

• Hey Zap - to answer you question about Adam and Dave; they are working on developing a podcast and have been interviewing a lot of people. Adam is based out of Paonia, Dave recently from Durango. Dave and I have crossed paths professionally numerous times in the past and we recognized each other when we met - that was pretty funny. Life in a small town. They are interested in interviewing Colorado searchers and I gave them a few names - also I think that they probably found a few at Fennborree! I like their angle...and think that they could develop the idea into a series of podcasts pretty easily.

Comment

Hi Bob - I think that the rationale for Sunlight Basin is that "sunlight" might make waters captured in a basin "metaphorically" warm. At least that was my approach. I don't have a clue what Cynthia's rationale was but I suspect it is similar to my own. Also, when Forrest told the story of George Dabich, both on HOD and later in OUAW, he called that area outside of Cody the "Skylight country". He didn't correct his "mistake" when he had the opportunity. Well, "skylight" might remind us of his shower, doesn't it? Peggy designed his bathroom with a "skylight in my bathroom flat above the shower" - which Forrest called a "design deficiency". Just a few abberations that live out on the edge that seemed worth exploring. I know, it's convoluted.
                              Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X