THIS IS HOW SUBTLE FORREST'S HINTS ARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS HOW SUBTLE FORREST'S HINTS ARE

I thought I would give an example of how subtle Forrest's hints are in his illustrations in TTOTC.
    If you were to draw a line thru the middle of this picture it would go thru the center of the X in the left side of picture.
    Indicating to do the same vertically.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy.png
Views:	1476
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	107250

Attached Files

Originally posted by Captainahabseeks1
    That proves the chest is in Idaho.!!!
    Just showing the hint. Not how to apply it. So enjoy the land of potato and pretty much nothing else.

Comment

why didn't i think of that, I had plenty of time before I went BOTG, Now I want to go BOTG again and I was over it..

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
        I thought I would give an example of how subtle Forrest's hints are in his illustrations in TTOTC.
        If you were to draw a line thru the middle of this picture it would go thru the center of the X in the left side of picture.
        Indicating to do the same vertically.

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy.png
Views:	1476
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	107250

Hello, I'm not sure but I believe someone else drew the pictures for his book. I see a JF at the bottom but have no clue who that might be. If Forrest did not draw them, how can they be hints? Also, I may be totally wrong, as I usually am, but I also believe the "X's" Forrest inked in that ladies book was the target area for those bombs. Hopefully you can help clear up my confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by chesttroll View Post

Hello, I'm not sure but I believe someone else drew the pictures for his book. I see a JF at the bottom but have no clue who that might be. If Forrest did not draw them, how can they be hints? Also, I may be totally wrong, as I usually am, but I also believe the "X's" Forrest inked in that ladies book was the target area for those bombs. Hopefully you can help clear up my confusion.
          I'm just showing how picture can be divided into 4 cards using the pattern X that is precisely in the middle of the picture vertically. Whether Forrest drew picture or not, he certainly influenced it's design. Maybe it's an aberration. But what if it can be used at a search area ?

Comment

There are no hints in the pictures, foot is stuck in a rabbit hole!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post
              I don't expect everyone to understand. Heck , I don't expect anyone to understand. It's more like rabbit stew. You need some serious insight for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post
                I know your looking for help with this.

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy.png
Views:	949
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	107363

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (5).png
Views:	920
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	107364

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (4).png
Views:	923
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	107365

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (3).png
Views:	948
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	107366

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I know your looking for help with this.

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy.png
Views:	949
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	107363

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (5).png
Views:	920
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	107364

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (4).png
Views:	923
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	107365

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (3).png
Views:	948
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	107366

Name:	Page 99 TTOTC - Copy - Copy (2).png
Views:	916
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	107373Click image for larger version

Name:	0-M - Copy - Copy (2).png
Views:	935
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	107371

Attached Files

Comment

The illustrator Alan Polt even said he sees no way, by the brief instructions received from Forrest for each drawing, that the drawings that could have additional clues in them. For instance he said, the stout hearted men, he was told simply to draw some boys by a bon fire. Simple instructions.
                    Life is short and the world is wide

Comment

Originally posted by DesertCloak View Post
                      The illustrator Alan Polt even said he sees no way, by the brief instructions received from Forrest for each drawing, that the drawings that could have additional clues in them. For instance he said, the stout hearted men, he was told simply to draw some boys by a bon fire. Simple instructions.
                      Alan Polt did not draw that picture.
                      There is an email floating around that a Combat Illustrator that Forrest met had drawn that picture and it was unknown where he was in recent history.

That does not say that Forrest did not do any editing of that drawing to suit his purpose. Or that the artist himself didn't do a second drawing for Forrest just the way he wanted it. Oh, let's say about 1990.

Besides that.

The bombs in lower part of picture do not match up with being the type of bombs on airplane.
                      The shell looks more like MK-117's
                      That is an aberration !
                      Last edited by TreasureCodex; 07-05-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

And even the Stout Hearted Men drawing wasn't entirely an Allen Polt creation: he altered a Norman Rockwell:

Name:	Rockwell_OverThere.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	107391

Comment

2 bombs, 2 wrappers, 2 bombs hit that spot "where" he drew 2 x's, ya have to use him in conjunction, what are friends for.

Comment

[QUOTE=TreasureCodex;n107389]

That does not say that Forrest did not do any editing of that drawing to suit his purpose. Or that the artist myself didn't do a second drawing for Forrest just the way he wanted it. Oh, let's say about 1990.

I like that Idea!! He could have easily added what he wanted.

Comment

It was more than that for instruction - Polt specifically used Rockwell's work as his inspiration; that's no coincidence, that's purposeful...and probably not by his own 'luck', but by specific suggestion/direction about which pictures were best to use for the drawings in the book. There are posts too that show specifically how some drawings were manipulated/photoshopped after the fact - you can search online and find those lengthy threads that take you step-by-step from what is in the book, to what the original drawing looked like.

Comment

Working...
                              X