Parade Rest Ranch & Rainbows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade Rest Ranch & Rainbows...

I hope everyone was paying attention because you may have just gotten a golden nugget (also could be nothing but a VERY beautiful rabbit hole).

On Monday, cowlazars & kpro laid out why Mr. Fenn hid his chest between July of 2009 and July of 2010. Kpro also then provided that she had heard Mr. Fenn stayed at the Parade Rest Ranch in West Yellowstone during that specific time period.

In the spirit of everyone giving out such potential golden nuggets, I've decided that I'll give out the following that I've been holding onto for a few years now:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/ww...T3_3106342.pdf

Parade Rest Ranch, Indian campgrounds, arrowheads, creeks, and a Rainbow, oh my!

Does it mean it's there? No. Is it really interesting? Absolutely!

mm
    If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

I stayed at the Double Tree once, while doing Disneyland.
    But, I didn't hide a treasure while I was there.
    That's not to say that I didn't hide one somewhere between here and there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
      I stayed at the Double Tree once, while doing Disneyland.
      But, I didn't hide a treasure while I was there.
      That's not to say that I didn't hide one somewhere between here and there, though.
      What you're clearly missing while you joke, ROLL TIDE , is that, if true, this means there is at least a 1/365 (likely better depending on how many days they stayed there) chance that it's within driving distance of that area, IMO. There are only so many days in a year to hide a chest and the odds around West Yellowstone just significantly increased.

mm
      If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Sorry, didn't realize I was missing anything. Thanks for pointing that out.
        According to your logic then, the odds of it being in New Mexico / southern Colorado just increased much more significantly than Yellowstone, since all of northern New Mexico / southern Colorado is within driving distance for someone who lives there year-round.
        No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
          I hope everyone was paying attention because you may have just gotten a golden nugget (also could be nothing but a VERY beautiful rabbit hole).

On Monday, cowlazars & kpro laid out why Mr. Fenn hid his chest between July of 2009 and July of 2010. Kpro also then provided that she had heard Mr. Fenn stayed at the Parade Rest Ranch in West Yellowstone during that specific time period.

In the spirit of everyone giving out such potential golden nuggets, I've decided that I'll give out the following that I've been holding onto for a few years now:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/ww...T3_3106342.pdf

Parade Rest Ranch, Indian campgrounds, arrowheads, creeks, and a Rainbow, oh my!

Does it mean it's there? No. Is it really interesting? Absolutely!

mm
          thanks for the brain candy....
          The Great Bannock Trail was an aboriginal travel corridor approximately 200 miles in length stretching from the Camas Meadows in Idaho, across Targhee Pass and into the Madison River Valley, over the Gallatin Range and into the Gardiner River drainage, up the Yellowstone River and the Lamar River, to the Absaroka Mountains, and finally to the Clark Fork of the Yellowstone River and Shoshone River in Wyoming. Although named after the Bannocks of the Snake River Plains, the trail was used by several other tribes including the Flathead, Fort Hall and Wyoming Shoshoni, the Lemhi, and the Nez Perce along with early-day white explorers and trappers.

Lots of graves and rock circles and other various and assorted artifacts in my area, I'm sure you have read up on the Fenn clovis cache, I have an opinion regarding where it was actually found... If you zoom in on some of the rocks in the color one you may see what looks like red ocher, If you move to many rocks in these piles you'll find more and may even find remains as well as obsidian and other various and assorted stones that have significance, these piles are all over and along side the Bannock Indian trail in Yellowstone. we didnt dig into them as we felt it would be desecration and very disrespectful.we put back everything we disturbed once it dawned on us what we were dealing with. It's not like there off limits or the parks handing out information on what Native American graves look like. Click image for larger version

Name:	42918529300_8adbe73977_k.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	107045
          Click image for larger version

Name:	42648362340_54d03b7b86_k.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	107044
          Last edited by 1keyword; 07-02-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry, didn't realize I was missing anything. Thanks for pointing that out.
            According to your logic then, the odds of it being in New Mexico / southern Colorado just increased much more significantly than Yellowstone, since all of northern New Mexico / southern Colorado is within driving distance for someone who lives there year-round.
            No joke.
            Yep. Though I believe it is up north, this is the first potential proof (and also something I heard about him being in Cody during that time period, as well, from something else) that really increases the odds that it's up there, IMO. The odds are still significantly in favor of it being in New Mexico, but now the north (both around Cody & West Yellowstone) have much better odds.

mm

Comment

Yep. Though I believe it is up north, this is the first potential proof (and also something I heard about him being in Cody during that time period, as well, from something else) that really increases the odds that it's up there, IMO. The odds are still significantly in favor of it being in New Mexico, but now the north (both around Cody & West Yellowstone) have much better odds.

mm
              yes i wood bet the chest in in the north, but when he says finder will have to work, its not just a,b,c in a special childhood hidey spot, no, it's man sized BIGGER picture. He coulda pictured it in sb202 but dal threw it all out!

Comment

So much to say but why. Those who thought it was worth something so be it, the rest oh well.
                “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                  So much to say but why. Those who thought it was worth something so be it, the rest oh well.
                  I'm not saying it's not worth anything, kpro. I'm just stating what seems obvious to me. The chase community, as a whole, is never going to agree 100% on the location. Even after it is found and the solution possibly revealed, there will still be those who probably differ in belief. Just the nature of the beast.
                  I have good reason to believe that it is nowhere near Yellowstone.
                  The only thing that could change my mind, is proof.
                  Just like the only thing that will totally convince me I have the correct location, is proof.
                  And we all know what that requires.
                  I'm a southern boy.
                  I kick the tires on everything.

Comment

I also think Yellowstone is out. Except for my coordinates that ended up a couple hundred feet offshore of Hebgen Lake lol. Between there and Santa Fe is a different story.
                    Questing song:
                    THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Thanks for the nugget Minotaur Moreno! Cow and KPro did a great job on their show on Monday of working through the facts that showed he was in Wyoming during the year or so when many think he hid the treasure. I have not read your document, but I will do so today. Hey, we are all just trying to figure this out and every piece of information is helpful. So thanks for sharing!

Comment

I analyze everything. The biggest reason for that probably comes from being a lifelong chess player since teaching myself the game at the age of 12.
                        I take nothing for granted. As a kid, I would take things apart and put them back together again, just to understand how things work.
                        So, I sincerely hope that no one is taking offense . . .

Question : How logical would it seem to be that Forrest would take the treasure and hide it anywhere near a town where family members of his are everywhere, family members who even own public businesses in that town ? Family members who would recognize him quicker than anyone else would. Family members who would be able to later say "Yes, he was here during the time span of when he hid the treasure".

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that picture ? The man who says he was looking at maybe a thousand years down the road, goes right smack dab into the middle of a community who knows him very well, with the intentions of pulling this off and thinking that it might last for a thousand years ?

I don't see it.

However, if I was wanting to pull off a scheme of such a grand nature and wanted to cover my tracks, I'd try to think of everything.
                        That would include an airtight alibi.
                        I'd place myself at a location where numerous people who know me very well, could later testify that I was in a particular area during the time that the scheme was carried out.
                        What better way to cover my tracks ?

That's just how my brain might try pull it off.

Comment

I analyze everything. The biggest reason for that probably comes from being a lifelong chess player since teaching myself the game at the age of 12.
                          I take nothing for granted. As a kid, I would take things apart and put them back together again, just to understand how things work.
                          So, I sincerely hope that no one is taking offense . . .

Question : How logical would it seem to be that Forrest would take the treasure and hide it anywhere near a town where family members of his are everywhere, family members who even own public businesses in that town ? Family members who would recognize him quicker than anyone else would. Family members who would be able to later say "Yes, he was here during the time span of when he hid the treasure".

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that picture ? The man who says he was looking at maybe a thousand years down the road, goes right smack dab into the middle of a community who knows him very well, with the intentions of pulling this off and thinking that it might last for a thousand years ?

I don't see it.

However, if I was wanting to pull off a scheme of such a grand nature and wanted to cover my tracks, I'd try to think of everything.
                          That would include an airtight alibi.
                          I'd place myself at a location where numerous people who know me very well, could later testify that I was in a particular area during the time that the scheme was carried out.
                          What better way to cover my tracks ?

That's just how my brain might try pull it off.
                          Depending on where a person feels it is, I feel they can make a pretty compelling, logical case for why they are likely correct and the other is incorrect.

From what I currently now know, here are my odds using strictly where we think we know where he was during that 365 day window that he could have hid the chest:

30 miles around Santa Fe, NM - ~97% chance (~355 days)
                          30 miles around West Yellowstone, MT - ~2% chance (~6 days)
                          30 miles around Cody, WY - ~1% chance (~4 days)

0% chance anywhere else, as I haven’t heard him being anywhere else during that timeframe.

mm
                          Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 07-03-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Depending on where a person feels it is, I feel they can make a pretty compelling, logical case for why they are likely correct and the other is incorrect.

From what I currently now know, here are my odds using strictly where we think we know where he was during that 365 day window that he could have hid the chest:

30 miles around Santa Fe, NM - ~97% chance (~355 days)
                            30 miles around West Yellowstone, MT - ~2% chance (~6 days)
                            30 miles around Cody, WY - ~1% chance (~4 days)

0% chance anywhere else, as I haven’t heard him being anywhere else during that timeframe.

mm
                            "where we think we know where he was"

I think your 0% chance should be amended to 'other', with a percentile at least moderately larger than 0%, since there are a large number of searchers (myself included) who might "think" they know where he was at during the given time span.
                            Just because we haven't heard of him being anywhere else, doesn't mean that all other places should be ruled out as possibilities.
                            No one on this planet knows where I'm at, 24/7. They may know where I've been, or where I'm going, but nobody knows exactly where I am at all times.

How did you come up with the "30 miles" as a standard ?

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              Thanks, very much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                              X