"...and it was done in one afternoon..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
    I may be misunderstanding your question, but the way I understand his answer is that "it" refers to the two trips from or between his car and the hiding place.
    Agreed, take the man's words at face value, for Pete's sake! The way some people approach things is just intellectually dishonest IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

My thinking is that two trips would mean he should be saying "they" - or plural - instead of "it" - or singular.

I guess my question really is - was he being evasive? And if so, why?
      I suspect that the COMPLETION of the hide shlepping occurred in a single afternoon. I have never believed that FF brought the bronze chest and all the (20+ pounds) goodies from a parked
      motor vehicle to the hidey place in a single time period not longer than an afternoon. In addition to the shlepping, there was the concealment work, which may have been pretty substantial.

Comment

Please excuse the inclusion of the entire context, it might be relevant...

​"Hi Forrest,
        I’m curious about your time spent in Biloxi, MS, at radar mechanics school, and I was wondering if you received any technical training on electrical/electronic theory and circuitry? Schematics, circuit tracing, troubleshooting components, things like that.

That is what the school was about mostly and I’ll admit that I don’t feel rewarded for having attend it.

Also, you’ve mentioned on multiple occasions that it took two “trips” to secret the chest and contents to a very special place. Perhaps someone has already asked this, but I’ve not found an answer yet posted or video recording that contains an answer. Forgive me if this is redundant, but were both trips made on the same day/date? Not to be anal, but that would be one spinaroo of the giant ball we call Earth that constitutes a single 24-hour day to its humble inhabitants.

Thanks so much.
        Kind Regards,
        Joe

Joe, you make this thing so complicated. Reminds me of the reason I don’t like meetings. I hope you don’t belong to a PTA someplace. I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f ​​"​​​​​

"it" - is "it" the act of hiding? Otherwise "it" would be "they"?

What exactly was done in one afternoon?

And are we supposed to attend "it"?

In one afternoon....would that mean from 12:01 PM to 11:59 PM?

"...Home in time for dinner..." When I was a child in the 70s, the word dinner was used to refer to either lunch or dinner.

O.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I suspect that the COMPLETION of the hide shlepping occurred in a single afternoon. I have never believed that FF brought the bronze chest and all the (20+ pounds) goodies from a parked
          motor vehicle to the hidey place in a single time period not longer than an afternoon. In addition to the shlepping, there was the concealment work, which may have been pretty substantial.
          YES! Exactly, thank you very much Mr Pilot. You've joined some dots that my random brain had failed to do.

My brain niggle about this subject, goes BOTH in the direction of the distance Forrest travelled AND the mode or method of the concealment.

And you've stirred up this question from Edgar, and the mysteriously written answer. It's one of my favorites.

"Forrest, You said you made two trips from your car to hide the treasure. Besides walking, did you use any other methods of transportation to get back and forth between the car and the hide? Thanks, Edgar

Edgar, your wording of the question prompts me to pause and wonder if I can answer it candidly, yet correctly. Were all the evidence truly known, and I answered in the positive, you might say I was prevaricating, by some definitions of the word. And if I answered in the negative, you may claim that I was quibbling. So I will stay quiet on that subject. Thanks for the question anyway. f"

I think the concealment must be pretty darn good, and the spot pretty darn secure.

When Forrest chose the spot, how would he have known it was a good spot for safely hiding the chest unobserved? Surely he would need to minimise the time taken to access it, TWICE apparently, to ensure that he was not discovered in the act. If relying on memory, the usage of the location could have changed so surely some recon would be in order? He tried to think of everything. Did he do that on the day of the hiding? It's possible, but it seems unlikely.

When thinking of how Forrest had to make sure the chest could not be found accidentally, and he surely was, how would he have hidden it? Surely not in the open in some crevice where a park ranger or a stranger to the Chase could stumble across it. But yet, it's apparently open to the elements. Or is it? Isn't that only second-hand information from a reporter?

Did the site require preparation? Is there a disguise in place? Did he do it at NIGHT so that he wouldn't be caught in the act? If so, wouldn't he need to prepare the site?

Do I NEED to take a metal detector? I've tried using one, and it leads me to dig up a lot of spots! Surely that is not what Forrest wanted?

Does the Poem tell us? Are there hints?? When we go searching, what the heck are we looking for???

Comment

My thinking is that two trips would mean he should be saying "they" - or plural - instead of "it" - or singular.

I guess my question really is - was he being evasive? And if so, why?
            It was an evasive answer. I believe he hid the chest and then checked on it and maybe even swapped it as he could have hid a lesser value chest the first time.. And then at a later date put the contents in it. Knowing for sure the location was perfect for the hide. Less chance of getting caught by doing one trip per day.

Comment

Then there's this one:

"Dear Mr. Fenn, Once you hid the treasure, did you take the exact same route in reverse to return to your car?”
              Thank you. ~ Tyler Y.

Yes I did Tyler, it was the most direct route. f"

Comment

For some fun on ‘other modes of transportation’ check out his video. Looks like a fun way to explore the backcountry.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mhIdZoVow

Comment

Then there's this one:

"Dear Mr. Fenn, Once you hid the treasure, did you take the exact same route in reverse to return to your car?”
                  Thank you. ~ Tyler Y.

Yes I did Tyler, it was the most direct route. f"
                  But that does not mean you can use that same route to find the TC..
                  "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

But that does not mean you can use that same route to find the TC..
                    The route he took in and from his car may likely not be the same route he is sending us on.

Comment

I have a feeling the hidey spot will be there for years to come. No one knows where it is and I feel like it will stay that way.
                      "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

MW*
                        Forrest,
                        You said in the past that the chest is not in a dangerous place; yet searchers are searching along Cliffside’s, raging water, and other seemingly dangerous places. Could you please elaborate or qualify your statement in which you said” The chest is not in a dangerous place”
                        Thanks
                        Edward
                        Another strange email that has the word Cliffside's capitalized . ED-ward.
                        could the reason the 3 year old girl would have a problem walking up to the treasure without help . Or the blind person is because they can not read a sign?

Comment

Two trips - two missions not completed? I would alledge that there is a correlation here. Just can't seem to pin it down - maybe y'all can help. Don't spare me any details cuz even the little things might be important.

Comment

Here's a little thing that's important: the chest weights about 40 pounds.

Lots of speculation here as to why he took two trips; simple really, it was because the haul was HEAVY, so he split it into two loads!

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              Two trips - two missions not completed? I would alledge that there is a correlation here. Just can't seem to pin it down - maybe y'all can help. Don't spare me any details cuz even the little things might be important.
                              Maybe it's better to understand why he said the finder should not try and remove the treasure in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post
                                Here's a little thing that's important: the chest weights about 40 pounds.

Lots of speculation here as to why he took two trips; simple really, it was because the haul was HEAVY, so he split it into two loads!
                                I agree totally. Try and carry 5 gallons of water which is rough the same weight, and see how far you get. Not to mention his age.

Comment

Working...
                                X