Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...and it was done in one afternoon..."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "...and it was done in one afternoon..."

    Please excuse the inclusion of the entire context, it might be relevant...

    ​"Hi Forrest,
    I’m curious about your time spent in Biloxi, MS, at radar mechanics school, and I was wondering if you received any technical training on electrical/electronic theory and circuitry? Schematics, circuit tracing, troubleshooting components, things like that.

    That is what the school was about mostly and I’ll admit that I don’t feel rewarded for having attend it.

    Also, you’ve mentioned on multiple occasions that it took two “trips” to secret the chest and contents to a very special place. Perhaps someone has already asked this, but I’ve not found an answer yet posted or video recording that contains an answer. Forgive me if this is redundant, but were both trips made on the same day/date? Not to be anal, but that would be one spinaroo of the giant ball we call Earth that constitutes a single 24-hour day to its humble inhabitants.

    Thanks so much.
    Kind Regards,
    Joe

    Joe, you make this thing so complicated. Reminds me of the reason I don’t like meetings. I hope you don’t belong to a PTA someplace. I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f ​​"​​​​​

    "it" - is "it" the act of hiding? Otherwise "it" would be "they"?

    What exactly was done in one afternoon?

    And are we supposed to attend "it"?

  • #2
    I may be misunderstanding your question, but the way I understand his answer is that "it" refers to the two trips from or between his car and the hiding place.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
      I may be misunderstanding your question, but the way I understand his answer is that "it" refers to the two trips from or between his car and the hiding place.
      My thinking is that two trips would mean he should be saying "they" - or plural - instead of "it" - or singular.

      I guess my question really is - was he being evasive? And if so, why?

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with the others who have said by ‘it’ he meant the two trips. Maybe he should have said “them”, but I don’t think that changes what he meant.

        I think this comment is important in that it provides an upper limit to how far the chest is hidden from where he parked the sedan. I think we should keep in mind that Forrest used to bike a lot when he was in Yellowstone. He also knows how to ride a horse. Just saying....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Covert One

          Forrest evasive? Nah, he's never been evasive.
          Haha, Forrest, evasive, haha

          Ok apart from His Covertness over there... Anyone got any smarter comments?

          Comment


          • #6
            I suppose it could be simply the ambiguity about the distance from the car. And people may be saying, what does it matter. But clearly it matters to me... Ok I'll say it too, Oh, what does it matter...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post
              Please excuse the inclusion of the entire context, it might be relevant...

              ​"Hi Forrest,
              I’m curious about your time spent in Biloxi, MS, at radar mechanics school, and I was wondering if you received any technical training on electrical/electronic theory and circuitry? Schematics, circuit tracing, troubleshooting components, things like that.

              That is what the school was about mostly and I’ll admit that I don’t feel rewarded for having attend it.

              Also, you’ve mentioned on multiple occasions that it took two “trips” to secret the chest and contents to a very special place. Perhaps someone has already asked this, but I’ve not found an answer yet posted or video recording that contains an answer. Forgive me if this is redundant, but were both trips made on the same day/date? Not to be anal, but that would be one spinaroo of the giant ball we call Earth that constitutes a single 24-hour day to its humble inhabitants.

              Thanks so much.
              Kind Regards,
              Joe

              Joe, you make this thing so complicated. Reminds me of the reason I don’t like meetings. I hope you don’t belong to a PTA someplace. I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f ​​"​​​​​

              "it" - is "it" the act of hiding? Otherwise "it" would be "they"?

              What exactly was done in one afternoon?

              And are we supposed to attend "it"?
              PTA probably doesn’t stand for Parent Teacher Association. That wouldn’t fit. I assumed it was for “planes trains and automobiles” or “please try again.”

              Comment


              • #8
                His wording could imply that the month and day of the afternoon is the same but not the year. Thus one afternoon but a year or more apart. No idea of this could be correct but there is mention/talk that he might have hid the chest in 2003 and then revisited it to change the items. If he did it on the same month and day one could argue it is one afternoon.

                Factoring in a few quotes (MW*):
                "Remember, I was about 80 when I hid the chest, and had to make two trips.f"

                Note he says chest, thus he might have brought/swapped the chest on the 2nd trip.

                "FENN: The gold in the treasure chest weighs 20.2 Troy pounds. And the chest weighs forty, uh, twenty-two pounds. So the whole thing, I think, is around 42 pounds. It was heavy enough that I made two trips to hide it. I took the gold in one time, and then I took the treasure chest in the second time." ~Forrest Fenn 5/29/2015 Richard Eeds Show.


                MW*
                Forrest,
                You said in the past that the chest is not in a dangerous place; yet searchers are searching along Cliffside’s, raging water, and other seemingly dangerous places. Could you please elaborate or qualify your statement in which you said” The chest is not in a dangerous place”
                Thanks
                Edward

                Edward, thanks for the question.
                The treasure is not hidden in a dangerous place in the normal definition of the word, realizing that there probably is no place on this planet that is safe under all conditions. Bloggers have quoted me as saying that a child could walk up to the treasure. I don’t think that’s an accurate quote because a three year old girl would have a problem without some help. Remember, I was about 80 when I hid the chest, and had to make two trips.f
                http://mysteriouswritings.com/questi...enn-archive-1/

                All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                -Winston Churchill

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

                  Haha, Forrest, evasive, haha

                  Ok apart from His Covertness over there... Anyone got any smarter comments?
                  How 'bout "it" simply meaning "the deed"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zapster View Post

                    How 'bout "it" simply meaning "the deed"?
                    Deed= title?
                    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Homer View Post
                      The treasure is not hidden in a dangerous place in the normal definition of the word, realizing that there probably is no place on this planet that is safe under all conditions. Bloggers have quoted me as saying that a child could walk up to the treasure. I don’t think that’s an accurate quote because a three year old girl would have a problem without some help. Remember, I was about 80 when I hid the chest, and had to make two trips.f
                      http://mysteriouswritings.com/questi...enn-archive-1/
                      This is the main problem with the Arrowhead Arch as the Blaze. It is in a location that is too dangerous. My only out on that is that “If you’ve been wise and found the blaze” might mean when you first see the arch. Toby really likes the idea of the light and shadow creating an arrowhead shaped blaze of light in the gorge somewhere. I have had that thought too and it is fun to speculate about, but I don’t think the science works too well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wayne Ross View Post

                        This is the main problem with the Arrowhead Arch as the Blaze. It is in a location that is too dangerous. My only out on that is that “If you’ve been wise and found the blaze” might mean when you first see the arch. Toby really likes the idea of the light and shadow creating an arrowhead shaped blaze of light in the gorge somewhere. I have had that thought too and it is fun to speculate about, but I don’t think the science works too well.
                        I don't know that area but I do believe 'wise' is included because the blaze can be seen before you get to that clue. There is no indication IMO that one needs to go to the blaze itself (or that one can). There is definitely indication to stay safe and not go anywhere dangerous. In theory if one does find the blaze in the poem the distance to the chest should be obvious. I don't quite know how to interpret that ATF but I think about it a lot when evaluating a potential blaze while BOTG.

                        Good luck and stay safe!
                        All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                        -Winston Churchill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wayne Ross View Post

                          This is the main problem with the Arrowhead Arch as the Blaze. It is in a location that is too dangerous. My only out on that is that “If you’ve been wise and found the blaze” might mean when you first see the arch. Toby really likes the idea of the light and shadow creating an arrowhead shaped blaze of light in the gorge somewhere. I have had that thought too and it is fun to speculate about, but I don’t think the science works too well.
                          I do not believe the arch is the correct Blaze...
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There are certainly a lot of reasons it might not be the Blaze, but there are too many connections to dismiss it too quickly as well. I always thought that if I found the Blaze the treasure would be at its base. That won’t work with this arch for me because it is just too dangerous to go to the arch itself. At least it looks that way.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
                              I may be misunderstanding your question, but the way I understand his answer is that "it" refers to the two trips from or between his car and the hiding place.
                              Agreed, take the man's words at face value, for Pete's sake! The way some people approach things is just intellectually dishonest IMO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X