TTOTC / Abberations / Hints /

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seannm View Post

But it appears that, at least in my interpretation, the little girl in India was able to figure the first two clues with just the poem, a map of the Rocky Mountains and the ability to speak English. So what did little Indy have that Mr Nope from the future not have?

Seannm
    Forrest didn’t say me nope couldn’t figure out a couple clues, he said he couldn’t find the treasure!

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
      Yes absolutely 100% you need the book!

I cant remember the keyword I used on tarry scant, but the question posed to Forrest went so
      ethi along the lines, “if someone 500 years from now only had the poem, would they be able to find the treasure”, Forrest’s answer? “No”. Pretty simple if you ask me!
      They wouldn’t know it was north of Santa Fe or in the Rocky Mountains!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Ross View Post

I heard about that at the same time and place that I heard about the chase . . . Josh Gates.
        This was three months before I ever ordered the book.
        By the time the book arrived, I had mixed up a nice solution with the poem and that information. Nothing else.
        The poem actually gave me an area that happened to meet both of those requirements.
        After the book, and all the blogs, and all the ATF, I love it as much as when we first met.

Comment

You can find wwwh halt and the canyon, but you won’t know for sure until you know who Brown is cause that’ll confirm the first two clues. What I’m saying is wwwh is a physics location. The canyon is a literal location. The HOB confirms the first two clues, but you can’t confirm you know what the HOB is without the book. Does that answer your question Sean? The little girl can put her finger on a map of the first two clues, but she can’t get any further without the book. Me nope can’t solve it without the book either. The book is what both have in common. But like Forrest said, the little girl couldn’t get pat the first two clues with the poem and a good map, and the same thing with me nope. In BOTH cases, Neither have TTOTC.
          Well my interpretation of the attached Q & A is that the first two clues will give one the correct starting point. Yours and others may vary. And don’t forget I’m a nine clues equal the nine sentences in the poem kinda guy.
          Attached Files

Comment

That doesn’t matter brooooo, it just expands the search area. That’s all. The only reason he said it was north of Santa Fe was so people wouldn’t be sneaking into San Lazaro like that crazy dude on YouTube. That’s the only reason he said it was north of Santa Fe.

Comment

The background story is the book. The story that goes with the poem! So that solidifies what I said. And I know I’m right because I know who Brown is, and on my life, you wouldn’t be able to figure that out without the book and I’m 100% certain of that
              Sure the book has background story. But if all the person had was the poem they may not even know what is was for. Sure the poem is in the book. But the TTOTC book was not part of the question. Your adding in something that was not part of the question. Maybe the person just had a print out of "Where The Treasure Lies". That does not have any background story. Maybe the person found a copy of the poem in a deceased relatives belongings.

Comment

That doesn’t matter brooooo, it just expands the search area. That’s all. The only reason he said it was north of Santa Fe was so people wouldn’t be sneaking into San Lazaro like that crazy dude on YouTube. That’s the only reason he said it was north of Santa Fe.
                More pure speculation on your part.

Comment

That’s the only reason he said it was north of Santa Fe.
                  Yea, the fact that it's actually north of Santa Fe has nothing at all to do with it

Comment

I am just saying the poem says nothing about the Rocky Mountains or north of Santa Fe. So it might be Afghanistan for all we know. Makes it much more difficult I would say to claim all you need is the poem. Without more information you would have to look all over the world. You wouldn’t know Forrest was the one who wrote it. If someone just handed you a copy of the poem and said if you figured out where they were talking about in that poem you might find a treasure. You would not even know what continent the guy who wrote the poem lived on. Our discussions here might be what continent are you looking in?

Comment

I am just saying the poem says nothing about the Rocky Mountains or north of Santa Fe. So it might be Afghanistan for all we know. Makes it much more difficult I would say to claim all you need is the poem. Without more information you would have to look all over the world. You wouldn’t know Forrest was the one who wrote it. If someone just handed you a copy of the poem and said if you figured out where they were talking about in that poem you might find a treasure. You would not even know what continent the guy who wrote the poem lived on. Our discussions here might be what continent are you looking in?
                      I disagree, Wayne.
                      I've said it before, but I'll repeat it. The poem gives me an area, in the first stanza.
                      That area is somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, north of Santa Fe.
                      So, even without Josh Gates, the manner in which I worked the poem would have still given me that area.
                      The poem goes further, and gives me a state, county, and town.
                      Maybe one of these days I'll explain how, without revealing my search area.

This doesn't prove I am right, it just proves that the poem can be deciphered in numerous ways.
                      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

I disagree, Wayne.
                        I've said it before, but I'll repeat it. The poem gives me an area, in the first stanza.
                        That area is somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, north of Santa Fe.
                        So, even without Josh Gates, the manner in which I worked the poem would have still given me that area.
                        The poem goes further, and gives me a state, county, and town.
                        Maybe one of these days I'll explain how, without revealing my search area.

This doesn't prove I am right, it just proves that the poem can be deciphered in numerous ways.
                        I understand why you feel that way. To me the first stanza points me to the Rocky Mountains because of all the mining there for riches old - gold, silver and all the other minerals there. But speaking technically, if you were just handed the poem it does not say anything about the specific geographic area the treasure is hidden in. Forrest discusses that in the chapter the poem is in, but the poem itself has no title, no author’s name on it, and mentions nothing about any country or state.

So while I agree our best solution theories would still be valid ideas to consider I am sure there are many places the world over that would be possible fits with the poem. . If Forrest thinks there are many places where warm waters halt in the Rocky Mountains, how many do you think there could be if you had to consider the entire world?
                        Last edited by Wayne Ross; 07-02-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I understand why you feel that way. To me the first stanza points me to the Rocky Mountains because of all the mining there for riches old - gold, silver and all the other minerals there. But speaking technically, if you were just handed the poem it does not say anything about the specific geographic area the treasure is hidden in. Forrest discusses that in the chapter the poem is in, but the poem itself has no title, no author’s name on it, and mentions nothing about any country or state.

So while I agree our best solution theories would still be valid ideas to consider I am sure there are many places the world over that would be possible fits with the poem. . If Forrest thinks there are many places where warm waters halt in the Rocky Mountains, how many do you think there could be if you had to consider the entire world?
                          The poem does have a title and it is found online.

https://www.newsweek.com/where-treasure-lies-64435

Comment

Roll Tide is right that if you were able to get online, or just had good media access you would not need to have access to the book itself. I first heard about the treasure hunt on the Today show and I looked up the poem back then but did not order the book until last year. By the time I ordered the book i had listened to a lot of discussion on it and a lot of Fenn interviews so I knew enough of the story. So yes - if those were the circumstances you would not need the book.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorManRB

No, the poem does not have a title.

Did you name the poem The Thrill of the Chase?
                              No. I forgot to name it.

https://dalneitzel.com/2017/02/08/forrest-gets-mail-13/
                              The link I provided clearly shows Forrest did name the poem in 8/20/2012.
                              Maybe there is a typo in the question posted on dals blog.
                              Or Forrest heard the question as : Did you name the poem [in] The Thrill of the Chase?
                              Or just maybe Forrest forgot about the Newsweek post he did.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorManRB

No, the poem does not have a title.

Did you name the poem The Thrill of the Chase?
                                No. I forgot to name it.

https://dalneitzel.com/2017/02/08/forrest-gets-mail-13/
                                it would be neat if its in a forest and in a fenn, hence forrest fenn, giggles and tee hee

Comment

Working...
                                X