TTOTC / Abberations / Hints /

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTOTC / Abberations / Hints /

“All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker.”

Is the book needed?

If the hints are subtle, what about the obvious misspelling and aberrations? Should they be ruled out?

Punctuation matters in this sentence IMO.

Thoughts?
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

I don't think that anyone could reasonably show that 'Yellowstone' is subtle in the book.
    That has always perplexed me that folks think the TC is in Yellowstone because F talks about Yellowstone so much and how special it was to him. There's nothing subtle at all about that, by any reasonable standard.
    I also can't fathom that bathing in the river where the warm water meets the cold water, is in any way subtle.
    I just simply cannot see either of those as subtle hints.

Misspellings and aberrations are things that stand out. You Notice them. I can't consider those to be "subtle" either.

The hints in the book, as I see them, might not be recognized until after you have interpreted clue(s) correctly.
    I found one in TTOTC just recently, that nearly blew me away. I'd never noticed it before. That's how subtle it is.
    And, it's never been talked about on any of these sites, to my knowledge. Otherwise, it would be a really big deal.

I didn't use the book to look for hints to help me with the clues in the poem.
    I still work with the same solve I constructed before I ever ordered the book.
    On the other hand, the book is chock-full of things that seem to confirm each and every one of my interpretations of the clues in the poem.

So in answer to your question, I didn't need the book to wind up where I am still searching.
    But, it sure goes a long way in telling me that it's possible that I may be looking at things accurately.

And for those who may jump the gun and read this as me saying I am right . . . that's not what I just said at all.
    Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 06-30-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Yes absolutely 100% you need the book!

I cant remember the keyword I used on tarry scant, but the question posed to Forrest went so
      ethi along the lines, “if someone 500 years from now only had the poem, would they be able to find the treasure”, Forrest’s answer? “No”. Pretty simple if you ask me!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Imeverybodynow; 07-01-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

What is your opinion on "All the information you need is in the poem" ?
        and . . .
        "No one has any secret information that will take them to the hiding place. It's in the poem for all to see."

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
          “The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker.”
          Yes I believe the chapters are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker. (Yes I believe the punctuation matters in that sentence!)

Yes I believe the hints are very subtle. Very very subtle. A single word here or there that might connect with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
            “All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem.”
            In my way of thinking - with only the book and no poem in it, you would certainly be lost; with only the poem, you would be almost just as lost; with the book and the poem, the chances of finding the chest might be remote; and with everything else Forrest has said, eventually the correlations will be identified and the correct solve found.

Is all the information you need in the poem? Yes, it's necessary. And No, it's not sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

I cant remember the keyword I used on tarry scant, but the question posed to Forrest went so
              ethi along the lines, “if someone 500 years from now only had the poem, would they be able to find the treasure”, Forrest’s answer? “No”. Pretty simple if you ask me!
              You left out the most important part of the quote. "no background story"

Comment

I think he designed the poem so that you can get there with just the poem. Absolutely. The book may offer confirmations and/or get you there faster, but there are no shortcuts. The same goes for his SBs, words, etc, IMO. They help with a general solve, but won’t lead to the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post
                  I think he designed the poem so that you can get there with just the poem. Absolutely. The book may offer confirmations and/or get you there faster, but there are no shortcuts. The same goes for his SBs, words, etc, IMO. They help with a general solve, but won’t lead to the treasure.
                  Yes, I think his shortcut comment was to show importance of poem and triviality of TTOTC book in locating the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

You left out the most important part of the quote. "no background story"
                    The background story is the book. The story that goes with the poem! So that solidifies what I said. And I know I’m right because I know who Brown is, and on my life, you wouldn’t be able to figure that out without the book and I’m 100% certain of that

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

Yes I believe the chapters are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker. (Yes I believe the punctuation matters in that sentence!)

Yes I believe the hints are very subtle. Very very subtle. A single word here or there that might connect with something else.
                      The chapters aren’t deliberately placed to aid the seeker, but that doesn’t mean what’s IN the chapters were deliberately placed! I’m telling you, it’s the things he DOESNT say!

Comment

The background story is the book. The story that goes with the poem! So that solidifies what I said. And I know I’m right because I know who Brown is, and on my life, you wouldn’t be able to figure that out without the book and I’m 100% certain of that
                        You could still figure it out, but you would be guessing. The book confirms Brown.

Comment

I believe the book is a great compliment to the poem and I definitely believe that sometimes the subtle can be found in the blatant. I am of the opinion however, that if any part of my solve can't be found in the poem or linked to the poem itself, then I am on the wrong track.

Comment

But it appears that, at least in my interpretation, the little girl in India was able to figure the first two clues with just the poem, a map of the Rocky Mountains and the ability to speak English. So what did little Indy have that Mr Nope from the future not have?

Seannm

Comment

Originally posted by Seannm View Post

But it appears that, at least in my interpretation, the little girl in India was able to figure the first two clues with just the poem, a map of the Rocky Mountains and the ability to speak English. So what did little Indy have that Mr Nope from the future not have?

Seannm
                              You can find wwwh halt and the canyon, but you won’t know for sure until you know who Brown is cause that’ll confirm the first two clues. What I’m saying is wwwh is a physics location. The canyon is a literal location. The HOB confirms the first two clues, but you can’t confirm you know what the HOB is without the book. Does that answer your question Sean? The little girl can put her finger on a map of the first two clues, but she can’t get any further without the book. Me nope can’t solve it without the book either. The book is what both have in common. But like Forrest said, the little girl couldn’t get pat the first two clues with the poem and a good map, and the same thing with me nope. In BOTH cases, Neither have TTOTC.

Comment

Working...
                              X