Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up.
    I'm not being a bully, an a-hole, a POS, a prick, or a D-bag, and I'm not following anyone from post-to-post or forums hounding them with negative BS so, I guess you're not talking about me.
    I feel better already.
    nope.. its not all about you dude, i actually like your post... I don't like mean people. there.... mean and it makes me mad, I like nice pleasant productive happy (kind) people.
    Last edited by 1keyword; 06-26-2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

C'mon folks no posting while angry, it's just a game and we're all holding a joker. Next time you're tempted just go to your happy place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LKeD3rHaNY

Comment

Originally posted by Llesbob View Post
        "I want to thank those of you who make up the community of searchers. It would be nice to meet each of you personally and share a bottle of Grapette. But, alas, it is not to be. I have decided to drastically curtail my social activities related to the chase.

The number of emails that enter my inbox each day have become more than I can handle, so it is time for me to step back from my computer. I hope those to whom I cannot respond will blame my stamina, and not my heart." FF

I stopped e-mailing him, show some respect. All save one will not find it. With true grit you may hit the bullseye,

Clever and understood.

Comment

I hope blackjack is for real!!!

Comment

I love the amazing world I have seen personally and from all involved in this!!! I hope blackjack finds it!!!! Bring us ALL back to why were here in the first place!!! Or the Campbell VanDevander kid!!! He is very confident. Over the years ive watched and read, followed along and am truly facinated by the "goings on" around this CHASE !!! From the "big players" to the many pop-in's and guests or "lurkers" as they have been dubbed. The range of personalities involved... the actual BIG PICTURE that has been taken I want to thank all of you for this splendid living, breathing world of treasure hunting!!! And of course to FF we all owe a debt non of us can repay!!! Through a simple poem challenge... SO MANY have been on adventures that were previously only in their wildest dreams!!!! So in closing I will say hope for the best and prepare for the worst!! God bless all of you and safe travels and trails

Comment

One last thing.. I feel compelled to tell you that my "sadtoseeit" is on account of all this hate going around!! It was not the intention IMO of this challenge to cause such things... It's people... which is sad. A real time treasure that is available to all....turned into a game of humans..... I'll say also if that was the point...to cause a public stirr and frenzy of folks out in nature littering and "blazing" trees such and such .. well I just hope not. There is enough trashy sht on earth. So please please please! Don't let the humans in this beautiful world get you down!! Try incubus... the warmth. Any way. Thanks for listening and again be safe n God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Sadtoseeit View Post
                One last thing.. I feel compelled to tell you that my "sadtoseeit" is on account of all this hate going around!! It was not the intention IMO of this challenge to cause such things... It's people... which is sad. A real time treasure that is available to all....turned into a game of humans..... I'll say also if that was the point...to cause a public stirr and frenzy of folks out in nature littering and "blazing" trees such and such .. well I just hope not. There is enough trashy sht on earth. So please please please! Don't let the humans in this beautiful world get you down!! Try incubus... the warmth. Any way. Thanks for listening and again be safe n God bless
                Incubus ? Really ? That is "sadtoseeit"

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post
                  FWIW: I would not be surprised at all if the chest is found this weekend. A close pal of mine from the east coast has been preparing for this BOTG for three-years. He shared parts of his solve with me and its unlike any solve I've seen or heard previously and it emerges directly from the poem itself. It's simple-enough a child could solve it but abstract and creative enough that adults would rarely think of it. He discovered something deep within the layers of the poem that confirms his solve. The solve explains the architect comment from FF and, it is clear from the solve that you have to be BOTG to move beyond any clues following WWWH. He has emailed FF a number of times over the past two years and has received several emails in return. He has avoided the blogs and message boards intentionally--knowing he was likely the mythical lead searcher. His solve confirms hints in the poem, the book TTOTC and the title, "TTOTC," which altogether finalize the solve as three pieces of a puzzle fitting together perfectly.

I'm not saying anything definitive as the chest is nothing if not elusive. And, my friend may decide to keep it quiet indefinitely. But, unless there is something in the chest precluding it, I would just about bet a pinky toe you'll be hearing a confirmation within the next week or so that the chest has finally been acquired. Just FYI as you race to your BOTG locations.
                  blackjack21 , did Your friend find it?

mm
                  If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                    Indeed, if there's one thing we should demand of this community of anonymous internet users, it's accountability for their personal failures. There's nothing worse than naive hope and ignorant positivity, and all misplaced confidence should be punished with prejudice by the collective whose wisdom is unassailable. The stakes, after all, are so dear...
                    Ya bake a humble pie, have a slice, then try again - that's really not that hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

It's pretty simple Rolltide some people definitely overstep there bounds when it comes to constructive criticism VS mean-spirited behavior.. bully's are pricks, ask yourself if the shoe fits your a grown up right? if it doesn't fit then move along, if it does? if there's a bigger problem here then hit me up we can exchange number's and talk about it more. I'll escalate, hell why not.

but here's what I didn't do for the record
                      "Suggesting that people are bullies, a-holes, and POS, simply because they don't agree with someone, is uncalled for.
                      Suggesting that they STFU, simply because they don't agree, is also uncalled for."

disagreeing with someone vs being an asshole are two differant thing's paint it anyway you like buddy... if your a D-bag to some then it applies if your not then it doesn't, pretty simple english. the guy with the punch someone in the nose comment? WTF is that. following someone from post to post and forums and hounding them with negative bullshit wich does happen around here. wtf is that? now if that applies to you well there it is then, if it doesn't then good it means your not an asshole right?
                      when i see mean spirited people go after someone here on a thread, bully's in general here or anywhere else... no not ok it gets in the way of to many things that are ok. you brought it to my attention and directed it back to me so ask yourself if i was talking to you or about you.

topic is closed here in public want to talk about it more PM me.
                      Punch in the nose was my post and I apologize if it ruffled your feathers. It was a metaphor. They're in for a rude awakening, that's all. Like when the Cowboy hit Forrest in the nose. I'll remove the comment from the thread, I guess it was in poor taste. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post

Punch in the nose was my post and I apologize if it ruffled your feathers. It was a metaphor. They're in for a rude awakening, that's all. Like when the Cowboy hit Forrest in the nose. I'll remove the comment from the thread, I guess it was in poor taste. Have a nice day.
                        I'm over it, I guess dealing with a crew of people that are mostly outdoors man, were a rugged bunch It's kind of what it takes to go BOTG and or spend time in the Rocky's or any outdoor setting.. I recently spent time with some friends looking for an old Ohlone village (Costanoan) and a little known stronghold of Tiburcio Vásquez here on the central coast in California.. It was a different experience than i would have had hanging out with my Coffee shop buddies, and was just as guilty as they were when it came to jackassing around (a term we use in dealing with each other) I guess my only complaint is I see people come on here excited not knowing the UNSPOKEN RULES that this group has or the social pecking order that's formed from years of people being involved in the chase and or using this forum and i see someone new come on here over and over and get smashed for not knowing and or making an excited claim to know something and they get plowed and ran over.. coupled with the fact that I'm recovering from surgery and maybe a little sensitive so poor behavior on my part as well. So anyway It's days later and now I just feel fat from sitting on my A#@ for a month. I only say this because being up and around the last few days and feeling better i see how cranky I've been. insert obligatory grain of salt here____. Its not an excuse for poor behavior but It's definitely the why of it. I'll try to show more restraint on commenting when I'm already in a bad mood.
                        Last edited by 1keyword; 06-30-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          The guys followed the clues and believe they have found the general spot—within 15 yards. They are within walking distance of Earthquake Lake. All I can say is...A) they now believe you need a special treasure map to locate the exact location of the TC within the special geographical feature they discovered, 2) whoever retrieves it at this spot will have taken a big one for the team. It’s not dangerous necessarily but could be a strenuous/difficult challenge. Fenn actually mentions this geographical feature in one of his online story interviews on YouTube. I’ve been told it’s easy to see why others have walked by within 200-500 feet. The chest is perfectly protected by mother nature. Stay tuned...they are doing everything possible to locate the treasure map in the book or poem before having to catch their flights home.

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post
                            UPDATE:
                            The guys followed the clues and believe they have found the general spot—within 15 yards. They are within walking distance of Earthquake Lake. All I can say is...A) they now believe you need a special treasure map to locate the exact location of the TC within the special geographical feature they discovered, 2) whoever retrieves it at this spot will have taken a big one for the team. It’s not dangerous necessarily but could be a strenuous/difficult challenge. Fenn actually mentions this geographical feature in one of his online story interviews on YouTube. I’ve been told it’s easy to see why others have walked by within 200-500 feet. The chest is perfectly protected by mother nature. Stay tuned...they are doing everything possible to locate the treasure map in the book or poem before having to catch their flights home.
                            Earthquake lake certainly is a very good “heavy loads and water high”.
                            If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Well I haven't been on here in about 6 months (was in upheaval during a long drawn out cross country move), but I see it's the same ole same ole! Someone will find the treasure in the next week! Oh no, I guess I better cancel my plans to go searching again later this summer. It's all over folks! SMH.
                              "It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
                              And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that
                              I'm not here" -Syd Barrett

Comment

They could compare their spot to page 99.... just saying...

Comment

Working...
                                X