Keep an eye out on the blogs this weekend and early next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

But, that's not what you said earlier, is it ?

" This is a legitimate solve as confirmed through several emails. I've seen the emails. "
    You said nothing about Scrapbooks or public comments, you gave the impression you were talking about private emails.

Bottom line . . . Forrest will not confirm a solve.
    Until one has the treasure, then confirmation of a solve would be assisting that person, by letting them know the solve is correct.
    I didn't say Forrest confirmed a solve through a private email to my pal. I said I've seen the private emails from him to my pal. And he definitely will indicate someone is close if you are in fact close. That is different than saying--"you hit the bullseye"

Comment

Originally posted by umbilical View Post

I honestly don't think he would. I think of it this way: what if two people had the correct solve, but only one emailed Forrest and he confirmed it, then it wouldn't be fair for the other person who didn't email him. But this isn't to say he probably won't confirm it through subtle hint's like a scrapbook because it would be directed at both people who have the correct solve and thus be fair.
      The OP gave the impression that confirmation was given through private email.
      That's a whole 'nuther ballgame than public comments.

Comment

The OP gave the impression that confirmation was given through private email.
        That's a whole 'nuther ballgame than public comments.
        I've read the emails he's received in the past two years from FF. They offer subtle indication he is on the right track without coming out and saying--you nailed it.

Bottom-line--we'll find out soon who is correct!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack21 View Post

I didn't say Forrest confirmed a solve through a private email to my pal. I said I've seen the private emails from him to my pal. And he definitely will indicate someone is close if you are in fact close. That is different than saying--"you hit the bullseye"
          Whatever, guy.
          You said the solve was confirmed through emails, and that you've seen those emails, indicating to us that you've seen emails where Forrest confirmed the solve.
          You're putting a spin on it now, with the insertion of the word "private".
          Doesn't really mean that much to me, I can't count the times I've seen these same claims over the years.
          Good luck to ya.

Comment

Baja hahahah this weekend?! Hahahahahh

Comment

I don't have a bone to pick with you either, I was just being witty with the 'big-toe'.
              However, I don't believe the chest will be retrieved within the next week.
              You have your reasons for believing that it might, I have my reasons for believing that it won't.

I'm one of those who doesn't believe that Forrest would ever confirm a solve through an email, or otherwise.
              Nothing personal, it would just go against what he has said .
              The integrity of the chase would be shot, if he were to confirm anyone's solve through an email.
              And I firmly believe that he is a man of integrity.
              That's why you should always email Forrest an incorrect solve in the "general" location.

Comment

I've read the emails he's received in the past two years from FF. They offer subtle indication he is on the right track without coming out and saying--you nailed it.

Bottom-line--we'll find out soon who is correct!
                To bad for your friend. What your saying is a clear indication your friend isn't even close a little bit.

Comment

Good luck man/or woman, ignore the naysayers.. your thoughts are not there’s.

Comment

He's a man who built a language into the poem. If you speak his language, he will reply in kind.
                    Forrest totally responds to emails.. there's a difference between response and confirmation. what I have noticed is that clues seem to come via public forums for those who are on the right path they will get it. more of a progression than an individual confirmation.
                    Last edited by 1keyword; 06-25-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

It would be great if someone kept a ledger of all the (paraphrased) "gonna find it tomorrow" posts with the dates of the claims, accompanied by boxes for checking all applicable post-search failure excuses: weather, injury, vehicle breakdown, insufficient time (daylight), prevention by flora, prevention by fauna, insufficient equipment (metal detector, GPS, backhoe, divining rod, Ouija board), altitude sickness, fatigue, treasure already found, and treasure never hid. And perhaps a seldom used box: "I was wrong."

Comment

Indeed, if there's one thing we should demand of this community of anonymous internet users, it's accountability for their personal failures. There's nothing worse than naive hope and ignorant positivity, and all misplaced confidence should be punished with prejudice by the collective whose wisdom is unassailable. The stakes, after all, are so dear...
                        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Wise words ag..

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                            Indeed, if there's one thing we should demand of this community of anonymous internet users, it's accountability for their personal failures. There's nothing worse than naive hope and ignorant positivity, and all misplaced confidence should be punished with prejudice by the collective whose wisdom is unassailable. The stakes, after all, are so dear...
                            Antigroove: if they would just keep those boastful claims to themselves, there would be no issue. But they don't. They strut, make silly claims, and imply or outright state we're all simpletons for not seeing the obvious. In so many cases there is no accountability, because when they fail, they just disappear or change handles.

So no, I have no sympathy for such primadonnas taking up bandwidth. If they want to insult the community (whose collective knowledge, if not intelligence, far exceeds their own), then they reap what they sow. I respect the BOTG searcher who is introspective, hopeful, yet realistic about their chances in advance, and freely shares the disappointment of their failures without casting blame on anyone other than themselves.

Comment

Many have claimed the same. Many have failed. Eventually someone will find it. I apologize for doubting your friend being the eventual one.

mm
                              If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

FWIW: I would not be surprised at all if the chest is found this weekend. A close pal of mine from the east coast has been preparing for this BOTG for three-years. He shared parts of his solve with me and its unlike any solve I've seen or heard previously and it emerges directly from the poem itself. It's simple-enough a child could solve it but abstract and creative enough that adults would rarely think of it. He discovered something deep within the layers of the poem that confirms his solve. The solve explains the architect comment from FF and, it is clear from the solve that you have to be BOTG to move beyond any clues following WWWH. He has emailed FF a number of times over the past two years and has received several emails in return. He has avoided the blogs and message boards intentionally--knowing he was likely the mythical lead searcher. His solve confirms hints in the poem, the book TTOTC and the title, "TTOTC," which altogether finalize the solve as three pieces of a puzzle fitting together perfectly.

I'm not saying anything definitive as the chest is nothing if not elusive. And, my friend may decide to keep it quiet indefinitely. But, unless there is something in the chest precluding it, I would just about bet a pinky toe you'll be hearing a confirmation within the next week or so that the chest has finally been acquired. Just FYI as you race to your BOTG locations.
                                Relying on a picture for his solve is like playing a hunch. Your friend needs to figure out all the clues of the poem to find the treasure chest's location. Dinosaur National Monument also has a similar area. bill gorman has lots of pictures, so what? Until one actually knows where WWWH and the other clues one should probably stay home unless they can afford to spend money on a nice vacation. I agree with Roll Tide's comments regarding emails sent to Forrest Fenn, No email confirmation from him to any searcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X