Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Forrest answer my question about a water crossing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Forrest answer my question about a water crossing?

All,

Just going back over some old thoughts and wanted to bring this back up.

Here is a Q & A posted on Jenny Kile's site from August 13th 2018:

https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...-direct-route/

Dear Mr. Fenn, Once you hid the treasure, did you take the exact same route in reverse to return to your car?”
    Thank you. ~ Tyler Y.

Yes I did Tyler, it was the most direct route. f

Now with that in mind, go back and listen to the following video, but start at the 8:30 minute mark and listen until the 9:30 minute mark. And recall this video was done on March 2nd 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSRWAYtjyE8

This could definitely be confirmation bias run amok, but curious.

Seannm

I assume you are referring to whether or not one would have to cross a waterway or not. Going around is not direct. But this certainly does not rule out water. My search area is along a creek in Wyoming. I went this May and there was no water. None. Creek was totally dry. But there was water the two previous trips I went there. So what if he crossed a waterway that was dry in May, but had water in June and July. And does it even matter if the water is very shallow and easily crossed by anyone older then 5 or so?

I supposed it all depends on the condition of the “water” one would be crossing. I’m not certain what you mean by confirmation bias running amok and may have missed the intent here.
    Last edited by Copper; 06-20-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

With my grandiose solution; Following the clues from start to finish does require you to cross water. I just don't think he did it when he hid the box.

1f

Comment

If you Miss (the) Forde, I don't think you will pass the Spanish test.

Comment

"Don't make the alligator mad until you've crossed the river." I've lost count of how many crosses and Fords Forrest brings up in his memoirs and Scrapbooks. And Forrest says physics tells him the chest is wet, but ... the chest is not under water (two words, not one, but then Forrest is always splitting compound nouns into two words).

Comment

IMO, if you are searching anytime other than August or September, you’re likely wasting your time.

mm
            Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 06-20-2019, 08:53 PM.
            If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Minotaur: except we almost know for a fact that Forrest didn't hide the treasure in either of those months. I say "almost" only because some searchers cling to the idea that Forrest hid the treasure in 2009. He absolutely did not hide it in August or September 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                Minotaur: except we almost know for a fact that Forrest didn't hide the treasure in either of those months. I say "almost" only because some searchers cling to the idea that Forrest hid the treasure in 2009. He absolutely did not hide it in August or September 2010.
                Zapster
                I’m not saying you’re not right, just saying I don’t believe you until you prove it. Burden of proof is squarely in your court, right now. Do you have evidence or just throwing stuff out there?

For example, it’s very easy for me to tell everyone that I have the ability to teleport. It’s much harder for me to prove that statement.

mm
                Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 06-20-2019, 09:50 PM.
                If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  "Don't make the alligator mad until you've crossed the river." I've lost count of how many crosses and Fords Forrest brings up in his memoirs and Scrapbooks. And Forrest says physics tells him the chest is wet, but ... the chest is not under water (two words, not one, but then Forrest is always splitting compound nouns into two words).
                  Zap - your mention of compound words made me think about this again as to the "why." Do you think that the answer to one of the clues or rather to the general vicinity we should be in to find the TC - is actually one word that is two or two words that is one. Does that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Zapster
                    I’m not saying you’re not right, just saying I don’t believe you until you prove it. Burden of proof is squarely in your court, right now. Do you have evidence or just throwing stuff out there?

For example, it’s very easy for me to tell everyone that I have the ability to teleport. It’s much harder for me to prove that statement.

mm
                    ROFLMAO, Justin did you find the space portal? Prove it you damn hairy SOB!

Seannm

Comment

Zapster - that honestly wasn’t meant to be mean. I’ve done this long enough to know sometimes people have things that you’ve never heard and you can learn from and sometimes people have nothing and just throw out untrue statements. Just seeing what yours are.

mm
                      Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 06-20-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

So did he rule out creeks by saying it was a river? Can one “Ford” a “crick?”

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
                          Zapster - that honestly wasn’t meant to be mean. I’ve done this long enough to know sometimes people have things that you’ve never heard and you can learn from and sometimes people have nothing and just throw out untrue statements. Just seeing what yours are.

mm
                          Hi MM: I honestly wasn't trying to be provocative with my statement, just trying to avoid being repetitive. I've provided the hiding date limitations evidence so many times on the blogs that I just thought it unlikely a veteran could have missed it. So I thank you for the follow-up post -- you sound genuine in your curiosity about the subject, so I'll post the evidence again. On her November 18th, 2010, KBCO-FM podcast, Irene Rawlings talks about gallery owner and author Forrest Fenn and his new book "The Thrill of the Chase." Here is the link:

https://player.fm/series/kbco-fm-podcast/forrest-fenn

In it, Irene mentions having lunch with Forrest in July 2010, and during the lunch Forrest tells her he has “… hidden a treasure box – a box full of gold – and was just finishing up a memoir of clues and how to find it.” So right there, we know August 2010 is out. I wanted to try to constrain it further (since I long ago posted a theory for the precise date he hid the treasure), so I investigated further. Irene was in Santa Fe on Tuesday, July 13th, for a book-signing at 5 pm at Garcia Street Books, so it’s likely her lunch with Forrest was on that day, or a day either side of it (since she doesn't live in New Mexico). Irene was on Mary-Charlotte’s Santa Fe Radio Café show by phone on Friday, July 9th, 2010, talking about her new book “Sisters on the Fly: Caravans, Campfires, and Tales from the Road," which is how I isolated the date of her book signing early the following week. Clearly Forrest had hidden the chest at least one day prior to his lunch with her, which meant the latest he could have hidden it was the 13th (if the lunch was on the 14th), and more probably no later than the most recent weekend ending on the 11th. This is consistent with Doug Preston's claim in the foreword of OUAW that the chest (which he had seen many times) was gone from Forrest's vault prior to Forrest turning 80. It's just that Irene's information is even more restrictive.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Zap - your mention of compound words made me think about this again as to the "why." Do you think that the answer to one of the clues or rather to the general vicinity we should be in to find the TC - is actually one word that is two or two words that is one. Does that makes sense?
                            Americana: I'm not in a position to say whether it's some sort of clue, or merely a Texas idiosyncrasy. But there is no denying that Forrest splits his compound nouns: dish washer, tooth brush, clothes line, cannon ball, loud speaker, shock wave, weather vanes, etc. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice the potential with Yellowstone, and in fact a surprising number of blog posters split that into two words. (No: I don't think the treasure is in Yellowstone National Park.)

Comment

I am not saying that what you are saying is what I said.
                              "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Working...
                              X