Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
    From the article:

In a media release issued Tuesday night, Gallatin County Sheriff Brian Gootkin delivered the following message to anyone seeking the Forrest Fenn Treasure in the area of Yellowstone National Park:

“In the last couple years, two people have died, two have been rescued near death, several have had run-ins with local and federal law enforcement, and one told his wife today he was injured but not where he was. The common denominator is that these people were all near Yellowstone National Park and they were all looking for the Forrest Fenn treasure. Gallatin County Sheriff Brian Gootkin has a message for treasure hunters: “You must know that this country is unforgiving if you don’t give it the respect it deserves. Let someone know where you are going – exactly, not some vague geographic area to keep your secret safe – and when you expect to return. Be prepared for the changing weather and wilderness conditions. Many areas have no cell phone service. Mountain streams and rivers are especially dangerous. Bears, snakes, and gravity are found in abundance in our corner of the world. We encourage everyone to vigorously pursue their outdoor passions, but think like a local. Before you go after the treasure, consider your level of skill, preparation and knowledge of the area. Consider the volunteer hours spent searching if you need to be rescued, and the anxiety of those left at home.”
    Lol... basically don’t make them have to do their jobs

Comment

Originally posted by IllinoisGhost View Post

Lol... basically don’t make them have to do their jobs
      They never have done their job properly.
      Especially the NPS. Thousands of people missing from NP's and NPS claims they don't keep accounting of the missing persons cases.

Someone should tell Mindy there is a Satanic Cult involved so she can go out there and investigate.
      Last edited by TreasureCodex; 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Yup, met the guy on Tepee Crk Rd. (Free camping near road - Gallatin Nat'l Forest) He came up to see if the smoke was campers or lightning strike. I mentioned Fenn. He said "oh yah, that thing." I threw devil horns and grimaced with a deathmetal face, semi-screamed "FORREST FENN!" as he drove off laughing. Yeah man, screw those camping fees up that way, sheesh. Good spot. Very pitted dirt road though.
        Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 06-19-2019, 07:56 PM.
        Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
          I shared my story to hopefully prevent someone else from being foolish. So your shunning after the fact doesn't really do me much good. But thanks for caring.
          It was a good adventure, and I think a lot of us have learned things "the hard way," hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
            He was not 80years old when he hid the treasure. And like I said. When I got to the beginning I knew I was in the wrong spot. But wanted to conquer that mountain for a different reason. Dismissing peoples physical abilities because of age is unwise.
            You are correct on at least one score, Sunburnt1: Forrest was 79 when he hid the treasure, not 80.

Comment

Working...
            X