Baby Ruth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Ruth

I bought two this weekend and tried one. I examined the wrapper, then the bar, biting into it slowly while focusing all of my brainwaves on finding a connection.

Here are my thoughts on Baby Ruth candy bars.

1) They are not in the same league as Twix, Payday, or Reese’s.
    2) They are popular because of the Sultan of Swat, less so the taste.
    3) They are associated with baseball. Forrest says warm is comfortable. I’ve always associated warm with “home.”
    Home plate??

Could we view the search area as a baseball diamond? How far could Babe Ruth hit a baseball and where did he point? Was it right down the center? Was he left handed or right? Where did his ball land?
    Last edited by Copper; 06-18-2019, 10:36 AM.

Originally posted by Captainahabseeks1
    He pointed straight at center field...Right down the middle and that is significant...)))
    He took the most direct route. He went straight to it. I’ve been hanging out in right field for two years. Draw a straight line and then walk there. Good luck!

Comment

It makes me genuinely smile every time I watch it.

mm
      If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
        I bought two this weekend and tried one. I examined the wrapper, then the bar, biting into it slowly while focusing all of my brainwaves on finding a connection.

3) They are associated with baseball. Forrest says warm is comfortable. I’ve always associated warm with “home.”
        Home plate??

Could we view the search area as a baseball diamond? How far could Babe Ruth hit a baseball and where did he point? Was it right down the center? Was he left handed or right? Where did his bullet land?
        This is an amusing line of thinking; I have seen what a "home plate" looks like; you lost me with the word "bullet".

Comment

His silver bullet. The one that works no matter what. He pointed where he wanted the ball to go. I think that is the difficult part is getting things set up so the ball or silver bullet goes where it is needed.

I'm a little confused with home - I thought to be at bat that the home plate was behind the batter. The pitcher is facing home when throwing the ball.
          Last edited by Fogel; 06-18-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

When a batter walks, they walk 90 feet

Comment

Home plate??

Could we view the search area as a baseball diamond? How far could Babe Ruth hit a baseball and where did he point? Was it right down the center? Was he left handed or right? Where did his bullet land?
              I wrote a solve based on a baseball field and diamond. It was a fun exercise.

Comment

I know he won’t tell us how many clues have been solved...but maybe he’ll tell us what bases have been rounded.

In baseball a batter has to start at home plate. He stands to the side of it, the catcher is behind it. What’s that comedy sequence again? Abbott and Costello.

Dizzy is in here too...it’s a good read.
                Who's on First? by Abbott and Costello is brought to you in its entire format by Baseball Almanac including an audio example for you to hear.

Comment

I know he won’t tell us how many clues have been solved...but maybe he’ll tell us what bases have been rounded.

In baseball a batter has to start at home plate. He stands to the side of it, the catcher is behind it. What’s that comedy sequence again? Abbott and Costello.

All bases are covered and Forrest is at bat. He bunts, and the crowd goes wild. The pitcher goes for the ball. Throws it to catcher and the catcher falls on his face. Lead Searcher stands two feet from home plate. Shakes his head and goes to the dugout. The score is still tied. It's anyone's game still folks.

Comment

Ask him.
                    "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you. The Babe Ruth information was interesting. When I was young, I had to remove the insulation from an exterior wall. It was full of newspapers in Italian language and it seemed every one was about Babe Ruth. The papers crumbled in my hands and turned to dust, I wish I still had some of them but the memory of the pictures of Babe are still vivid as the days I spent removing that insulation. Thank you for directions to information about him.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I wrote a solve based on a baseball field and diamond. It was a fun exercise.
                        Haha, I did this as well. Checked it out BOTG, nada.

I also did the same as Copper on a new BOTG this past weekend and bought two Baby Ruth's before my search for good luck. However, they did not look appetizing and I couldn't even bring myself to taste one. Maybe that's why I didn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

Haha, I did this as well. Checked it out BOTG, nada.

I also did the same as Copper on a new BOTG this past weekend and bought two Baby Ruth's before my search for good luck. However, they did not look appetizing and I couldn't even bring myself to taste one. Maybe that's why I didn't find it.
                          I don't know why a person wouldn't do a baseball field solve. In the general solve area anyhow. If you get to the creek with the only marker stone, there was a dig there that found the grapette cans. Maybe there is a bell under them.

Comment

Part of the solve but getting it to mesh with the Dr Pepper . . . didn't work out too well . . .

Do you have a picture of the 'grapette cans'?

I'm not good with bells and they actually cross every line to the power of 70 maybe . . . more and they are 'sliders' of another kind . . . I know, lots to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                              Part of the solve but getting it to mesh with the Dr Pepper . . . didn't work out too well . . .

Do you have a picture of the 'grapette cans'?

I'm not good with bells and they actually cross every line to the power of 70 maybe . . . more and they are 'sliders' of another kind . . . I know, lots to learn
                              I took picture of cans but it got deleted somehow. They were pretty rusted. And buried about a foot and a half down. There was 2 small ones and one large . It seemed to be an area where people sat out of the sun for a little break. 1940's I think
                              Last edited by TreasureCodex; 06-18-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X