Money Magazine Article 6/17/2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Magazine Article 6/17/2019

There's a Treasure Chest Worth Millions Hidden Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. These Searchers Are Dedicating Their Lives and Savings to Finding It

nice article, i like the pictures too.

Comment

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/there...151542092.html

Also on Yahoo. The comments section is awful - about 95% 7 percenters.
      Last edited by CRM114; 06-17-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham
        Not much new here, same old celebrity searchers. I’m sure we will get an influx of noobs who have solved the poem in just a few hours.
        Not true, IMO. Jono was featured and myself (I have not been in much at all). They did ask me for much more private info for the human interest part of the story, but I just didn’t want to disclose all of it, so thankful they did include me in some form.

Yes, I agree about noobs coming, especially with some more articles that are coming.
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Fenn’s hearing isn’t what it used to be; he mostly interacts with people over email. But he did give MONEY some insight into his own personal history with money — and perhaps something more. Here’s what he said:

“Money means more to those who don’t have any.

When I was a kid in the late 1930s, I would mow yards around my neighborhood and get paid a quarter. It was really a big deal to me. I remember keeping my left hand in my pants pocket with the coins held tightly in my fist. I walked straight and whistled because that money represented 5 Wimpy hamburgers, or 4 burgers and a Coke, or 3 burgers, a Coke and a bag of Fritos. A cup of ice cream was a nickel. There were so many options, and the world was mine for the next two days.

I didn’t realize it at the time but I had entered the world of commerce, and the lessons I learned about the strength of money would be very valuable to me later.”

Comment

And with the highlights bolded:

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
            Fenn’s hearing isn’t what it used to be; he mostly interacts with people over email. But he did give MONEY some insight into his own personal history with money — and perhaps something more. Here’s what he said:

When I was a kid in the late 1930s, I would mow yards (cut it all down) around my neighborhood (township, homestead) and get paid a quarter. It was really a big deal to me. I remember keeping my left hand in my pants pocket with the coins held tightly in my fist. I walked straight and whistled because that money represented 5 Wimpy hamburgers, or 4 burgers and a Coke, or 3 burgers, a Coke and a bag of Fritos. A cup of ice cream was a nickel. There were so many options, and the world was mine for the next two days.

I didn’t realize it at the time but I had entered the world of commerce, and the lessons I learned about the strength of money would be very valuable to me later.”

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
              https://finance.yahoo.com/news/there...151542092.html

Also on Yahoo. The comments section is awful - about 95% 7 percenters.
              Egg on their faces! I didn't read all of the responses but 100% of what I read indicates that they don't know the riddle and without the riddle there are only two WRONG options: 1. It is a hoax or 2. it was found and not reported to at least ff

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

When I was a kid in the late 1930s, I would mow yards around my neighborhood and get paid a quarter. It was really a big deal to me. I remember keeping my left hand in my pants pocket with the coins held tightly in my fist. I walked straight and whistled because that money represented 5 Wimpy hamburgers, or 4 burgers and a Coke, or 3 burgers, a Coke and a bag of Fritos. A cup of ice cream was a nickel. There were so many options, and the world was mine for the next two days.

5, 4, 3, 2...
                "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed: 5, 4, 3, 2, ... Is he saying time is running out? End is ever drawing nigh?

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

5, 4, 3, 2...
                    Pretty clever. Wonder why he’s counting down and for what?

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

5, 4, 3, 2...

Originally posted by Tar Bolt View Post

Pretty clever. Wonder why he’s counting down and for what?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeFenn.3.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	105023

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Gonna guess it's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Comment

1 theori23 4e'5 6een coun7ing on c8peration for a lon9 time .
                          "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE]5 Wimpy hamburgers, or 4 burgers and a Coke, or 3 burgers, a Coke and a bag of Fritos. A (1) cup of ice cream was a nickel. There were so many options, and the world was mine for the next two days.[/QUOTE]

5, 4, 3, 1, 2

Comment

Obviously ticking off # clues left to solve to Lead Searcher, but it's at 2. 5 4 3....

/s

Comment

Working...
                              X