Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are YOU chasing?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are YOU chasing?!

    I think, besides the poem, this question is the most important one to answer! What are YOU chasing?!

    they never knew it was the chase they sought and not the quarry!? Chasing what? That’s the million dollar question! And what quarry? Fenn s little bronze chest with 20 pounds of gold, in my mind, is not what one would consider to be a “quarry “.

    So, what are YOU chasing? Forrest Fenn’s past? Are you chasing the finish line where the gold rests? I think whatever we’re chasing is IMPORTANT since he named the book “The Thrill OF The Chase”.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
    I think, besides the poem, this question is the most important one to answer! What are YOU chasing?!

    they never knew it was the chase they sought and not the quarry!? Chasing what? That’s the million dollar question! And what quarry? Fenn s little bronze chest with 20 pounds of gold, in my mind, is not what one would consider to be a “quarry “.

    So, what are YOU chasing? Forrest Fenn’s past? Are you chasing the finish line where the gold rests? I think whatever we’re chasing is IMPORTANT since he named the book “The Thrill OF The Chase”.
    Well Imeverybodynow , I am always chasing WISDOM.


    https://youtu.be/-TwfdY5Dxpw

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JaS<3 View Post

      Well Imeverybodynow , I am always chasing WISDOM.


      https://youtu.be/-TwfdY5Dxpw
      I chase tails! Or is it tales?! Or doesn’t it even matter? Plaaaaaaaayaaa plaaaaaaayyyyyy onnnnnnnnnn!

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, the way I see it, you can't get caught up getting worked up over obsessing about the money in the chest. It's not mine, it never was mine, and I refuse to let greed suck me in. I believe I'm mostly chasing after what Mr. Fenn started the Chase for. Every now and then I get to go out into the beautiful mountains with my loved ones and spend time with them and nature and I never come home the same person, but someone I like better. But my short answer would be love, adventure, knowledge, faith and hope. And I find it every time.

        Comment


        • #5
          And knowing that you did the near impossible by solving the poem of course. I also seek that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just the satisfaction of that would have me grinning ear to ear for the rest of my life.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lowkey View Post
              Just the satisfaction of that would have me grinning ear to ear for the rest of my life.
              That satisfaction plus about a dollar will get one a soft drink at the golden arches. Me, I'm after the bronze chest and precious metal things, etc. inside.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                That satisfaction plus about a dollar will get one a soft drink at the golden arches. Me, I'm after the bronze chest and precious metal things, etc. inside.
                Ouch! Fair enough, I could definitely use a few extra bucks. The Chase has already been good to me is I guess what I'm trying to say. But a new pickup truck might be nice...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Some form of immortality, like Fenn is. Gold, glory, conversation. Getting lost, but making it out. The wherewithal and substance to make a huge rock album with some western storyline in it. Things like that.
                  Questing song:
                  THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Conversation with a like mind. That's a prize to seek.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Knowledge of love. How to seek it, how to understand it, how to handle it, how to nurture it, how spread it among others. How to be a fort of strength.. how to be a rock in the midst of confusion.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I enjoy the process of solving a difficult and complex problem. I might be delusional, but as long as I think I am advancing towards the solution, I enjoy the challenge and competition.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The cheese...
                           

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                            What are YOU chasing?
                            My Self.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                              I think, besides the poem, this question is the most important one to answer! What are YOU chasing?!

                              they never knew it was the chase they sought and not the quarry!? Chasing what? That’s the million dollar question! And what quarry? Fenn s little bronze chest with 20 pounds of gold, in my mind, is not what one would consider to be a “quarry “.

                              So, what are YOU chasing? Forrest Fenn’s past? Are you chasing the finish line where the gold rests? I think whatever we’re chasing is IMPORTANT since he named the book “The Thrill OF The Chase”.
                              I just want to beat everyone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X