Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 9 clues including 3 hints <--- In My Opinion. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 9 clues including 3 hints <--- In My Opinion. :)

I've seen some posts regarding the 9 clues but not many explanations regarding why. I will include 3 obvious hints regarding the first 3 clues and why I believe it marries the poem from my solve.

In my opinion, the 9 clues in the thrill of the chase poem are;

1 begin it wwwh - Hint; hot water.
    2 take it in the canyon down - Hint; drive further than you have to walk to Mr. Fenn's special spot.
    3 put in below the home of brown - Hint; walking behind your lead searcher, you don't see the "home of brown" as you "put in"?
    4 from there it's no place for the meek -
    5 the end if ever drawing nigh -
    6 there will be no paddle up your creek -
    7 look quickly down - Hint; BOTG is a must
    8 if you are brave - Hint; BOTG is a must
    9 and in the wood - Hint; BOTG is a must

Peace!
    Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 06-15-2019, 03:57 PM.

Greetings,

Are you able to discern between when FF is just chatting and when he is actively pushing hints about his spot?
    Check this video, and then look at this rock formation I found along my solve route: (This youtube video isn't linking to the correct time progression I'm referring to which is at exactly 22 minutes. Just forward the video to 22:00 minutes to see my reference.)

I searched for about an hour on my 4th or 5th trip for this beast. In my mind was burning this notion; "find the crocodile". You have to be standing in just the right spot to see it and only the proper perspective allows one to appreciate the view. (if you want to see the rest of its body which represent some of the other lines in that poem, you're going to need to do a little hiking.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	croc1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	302.4 KB ID:	109896

Peace

Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 07-21-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Why is FF holding his left hand up like that?

Comment

The crocodile is close to the blaze? How close?
        : 300 meters or so
        Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 08-08-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Rescue Creek Trail is open, but they say:
          Be careful of marshy area about 2 miles to the to the west of the junction with Blacktail Deer Creek along Rescue Creek.

They freshly paved the pull out recently and was closed for several days.
          Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 08-11-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

A sign with FF in mind...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Please-Touch.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	115218

Comment

I don’t know what that is, but it anticipated boot requirement.

Comment

So heavy loads, water high, and blaze are not clues in your opinion?

"Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

Hello Diggio, That's a great question. I have to think about that for a second. lol. Will it take you from one place to the next clue, seems like the best investigation? FF said the clues are contiguous. It plays a part in that, because it let's you know which direction to be facing or moving in... when you start moving to the next clue. A bit ambiguous, but since it was so clear, perhaps I left it out unfairly to its esteem.

Comment

Before you throw rocks the bridge is the best place to cross.

EDIT: (paraphrasing) FF: I was sitting on my porch and I saw a cowboy on a horse and I said Hi cowboy, Hi cowboy! he got off his horse, came over to me and punched me in the nose. The moral of the story is: don't make the alligator mad until after you cross the river.

Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 09-08-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasacdude View Post
                      Hello Diggio, That's a great question. I have to think about that for a second. lol. Will it take you from one place to the next clue, seems like the best investigation? FF said the clues are contiguous. It plays a part in that, because it let's you know which direction to be facing or moving in... when you start moving to the next clue. A bit ambiguous, but since it was so clear, perhaps I left it out unfairly to its esteem.
                      Contiguous simply means a sequence. Forrest could have said Sequential, but that is more specific.

Comment

Each of the nine clues will have to marry a place on the map. Not unlike when he drops hints in videos; like when his dad told him about grabbing every banana. The train only goes past the banana tree once a day... Does he shift gears when he speaks about this? Is this a hint? What are alternate definitions for: train ?

I imagine a train passing this (probably once a day) banana ..

Do you see a bell too?

Imagination is better than knowlege.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grabEveryBanana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	115758
                        Last edited by lasvegasacdude; 09-08-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasacdude View Post

Simply a sequence? Which dictionary are you referencing? FF said that the meaning of words was important. contiguous

(kənˈtɪɡjʊəs)
                          adj
                          1. touching along the side or boundary; in contact
                          2. physically adjacent; neighbouring
                          3. preceding or following in time

Consider this:

Each of the nine clues will have to marry a place on the map. Not unlike when he drops hints in videos; like when his dad told him about grabbing every banana. The train only goes past the banana tree once a day... Does he shift gears when he speaks about this? Is this a hint? What are alternate definitions for: train ?

I imagine a train passing this (probably once a day) banana ..

Do you see a bell too?

Imagination is better than knowlege.

Click image for larger version Name:	grabEveryBanana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	115758

FF: "I looked up the meaning of words... you know, we really don't know what some of our words mean..."

https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec?list=PL...vwLSMnk&t=2857
                          Maybe I just use better "due diligence".

Forrest is correct, most people do not understand their native language.
                          And when faced with the challenge of research are unable to perform to the expectations that Forrest has set forth.
                          Most people won't get it in a hundred years or a thousand years.
                          Do you see the hint there ?
                          But that one in a million person will.
                          Just another 650,000 people to go to find a second one.
                          Do you need help with the word "together" also ?

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/contiguous

" 1.1Next or together in sequence. "

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/sequence

" 1A particular order in which related things follow each other.

‘the content of the programme should follow a logical sequence’

mass noun ‘the poems should be read in sequence’ "
                          Last edited by TreasureCodex; 09-08-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Search season is still fully open. Where is your "in there" ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	entranceYNP.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	117124

Comment

"As I have gone alone in there..."

https://www.visitgardinermt.com/

https://www.nps.gov/customcf/webcam/dsp_webcam_image.cfm?id=81B468BC-1DD8-B71B-0BBA4C383E179188

Comment

Working...
                              X