• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Beale1_frequencies.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	105204 Beale short answer: long monotonic alphabetic strings generated using DoI, proving the DoI was used to encrypt part 1. Couple that with a dearth of E's, N's and R's and an artificially flat frequency distribution from B through I, and too many T's:
    That is some interesting bean counting. But does it yield a translation ?

Comment

TC: the point is that if a string of numbers used as an indexing scheme into a specific document (i.e. a book code) yields ABCDEFGHIIJKLMMNOOPP, then it is unlikely in the extreme that the same numbers used with a different document would yield intelligible text. It's been almost 20 years since I messed around with the Beale ciphers, but at that time I considered methods that a skilled cryptographer could employ to generate "decoy" messages like this while simultaneously hiding an actual message -- a bit of steganography. With a long enough source document, it could be done, but the Declaration of Independence is too short, IMO, to pull it off.

Could there still be a message in there exclusive of the sections that produce these alphabet snippets? Sure, using a different book. But then what's the point of throwing people off by interjecting DoI-based sequences like ABAABADAAABBCDEFF? In essence, a significant fraction of the cipher is wasted on nulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
        TC: the point is that if a string of numbers used as an indexing scheme into a specific document (i.e. a book code) yields ABCDEFGHIIJKLMMNOOPP, then it is unlikely in the extreme that the same numbers used with a different document would yield intelligible text. It's been almost 20 years since I messed around with the Beale ciphers, but at that time I considered methods that a skilled cryptographer could employ to generate "decoy" messages like this while simultaneously hiding an actual message -- a bit of steganography. With a long enough source document, it could be done, but the Declaration of Independence is too short, IMO, to pull it off.

Could there still be a message in there exclusive of the sections that produce these alphabet snippets? Sure, using a different book. But then what's the point of throwing people off by interjecting DoI-based sequences like ABAABADAAABBCDEFF? In essence, a significant fraction of the cipher is wasted on nulls.
        So in your opinion since you could not decipher it must be a hoax. I've seen people do the same thing with Zodiac 340. It's been about fifty years. My method yielded results and they can't believe it so they obfuscate. Some things better left to the better qualified.

Comment

"Better qualified" -- hah. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, TC. You've provided no evidence other than your say-so that you've solved any of the things you've claimed. If any of your bold assertions were true, we'd all know about it. Wikipedia isn't perfect, but any legitimate solution to any of these famous, long-unsolved ciphers would be there.

Comment

Turned into a pissing contest
            "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Joe View Post
              Turned into a pissing contest
              Agreed. There'll be nothing further from me on the subject as it has no relevance to Fenn's Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I have my doubts about that. I believe I may be able to solve #3. I did a solve of KRYPTOS 4 which I believe to be accurate. But I won't pay Sanborn $50 to confirm. Heck, if he is making enough money selling solve reviews he may never acknowledge a solve. But please, why do you think you can prove hoax. In a general sense.
                Doesn't Kryptos 4 refer to something buried somewhere on the Langley campus? Shouldn't a correct solve lead to the burial?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post

Doesn't Kryptos 4 refer to something buried somewhere on the Langley campus? Shouldn't a correct solve lead to the burial?
                  My Kryptos 4 solve uses Bible quote in CIA Langley lobby. And Berlin Wall Sculpture outside on the grounds of CIA Langley.

Do you think those guys would mind TTOTC people searching around CIA Langley ? LOL
                  Here was my final solution.

OK

And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free

To Those

Yes it is wonderful

To Breakthrough

Untruths

( The life of a successful cryptographer)
                  If they could only read it at CIA Langley they would appreciate the sculpture in their garden more.

Comment

What the heck are y'all talking about here - way off target I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                      What the heck are y'all talking about here - way off target I'd say.
                      Looks spot on to me. OP asked opinion of the Deep Throat (Watergate) type video you posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X