Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zapster
    replied
    Pareidolia is the enemy of every searcher.

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Per a Bill Gorman (YouTube) find, the shape of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science building looking like the layout of the fishing hole pictures in TTOTC sure is interesting, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	26-D84-BC2-39-FD-4-A94-8-B56-E19-D83-EC3549.png
Views:	117
Size:	624.6 KB
ID:	104583
    I no longer have my copy of TTOTC. I left it at a search location in 2014. Forrest seems to use very subtle hints. If Bill can use that as a hint then good for him. I'm already privy to a secret fishing hole of way back when.

Leave a comment:

• minotaur_moreno
    replied
    Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

"The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.”
    Per a Bill Gorman (YouTube) find, the shape of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science building looking like the layout of the fishing hole pictures in TTOTC sure is interesting, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	26-D84-BC2-39-FD-4-A94-8-B56-E19-D83-EC3549.png
Views:	117
Size:	624.6 KB
ID:	104583

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post

OK, thanks for clarifying what you meant Apparently, you meant that a searcher on this forum postulated that the Denver Museum (parking lot) was the tenth clue. Just wanted to get that clarified.
    Neither Forrest, nor Doug Preston, ever claimed or stated that it was the 10th clue.
    "The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science."
    https://mysteriouswritings.com/dougl...-upon-a-while/

No, This report does not use the wording 10th clue.

So if you want to view it as postulating you are certainly welcome to. But this book foreword is seven years after the poem was released and Forrest has stated all along that there was 9 clues in the poem to be followed to get to the treasure. If you want to postulate that Doug is referring to clue 9 in the foreword than go right ahead as it is a further stretch than taking Doug's comment as being a tenth clue only reserved for when or if Forrest commits suicide. And BTW Forrest said nothing when Doug mentioned during an interview that Forrest "buried" the treasure.

Leave a comment:

• Must Listengood
    replied
    OK, thanks for clarifying what you meant Apparently, you meant that a searcher on this forum postulated that the Denver Museum (parking lot) was the tenth clue. Just wanted to get that clarified.
    Neither Forrest, nor Doug Preston, ever claimed or stated that it was the 10th clue.

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied

So where did you hear about Denver Museum clue ?
    https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-the-10th-clue

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied

No actually, its not. I was talking about it being number 10 as opposed to number nine. And I'm not judging, just asking you to back that up since you presented it as probable truth. You could be right, but I don't think so. No need to be so defensive.
    So where did you hear about Denver Museum clue ?

Leave a comment:

• Must Listengood
    replied

I missed posting "location of Forrest's vehicle parked there".
    Is that enough for you Judge ?
    No actually, its not. I was talking about it being number 10 as opposed to number nine. And I'm not judging, just asking you to back that up since you presented it as probable truth. You could be right, but I don't think so. No need to be so defensive.

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied

I don't believe that's true. Evidence? I don't think you can back that up.
    I missed posting "location of Forrest's vehicle parked there".
    Is that enough for you Judge ?

Leave a comment:

• Must Listengood
    replied

I do believe Denver Museum was stated as being the 10th clue.
    I don't believe that's true. Evidence? I don't think you can back that up.

Leave a comment:

• duncan
    replied

Not really, as the clue was position of where Forrest was to park his vehicle.
    Yes, I just wanted you to clarify what you originally posted.

Leave a comment:

• Mr hand
    replied
    Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
    It would seem to me that 17th street (Rock garden) and 23rd street, might be clues regarding where he may have parked his car.
    I've been thinking worth the cold is saying the same thing

Leave a comment:

• ksfromKS
    replied
    It would seem to me that 17th street (Rock garden) and 23rd street, might be clues regarding where he may have parked his car.

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by duncan View Post

That would make a man made structure was stated as being the 10th clue.
    Not really, as the clue was position of where Forrest was to park his vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• voxpops
    replied
    Originally posted by duncan View Post

That would make a man made structure was stated as being the 10th clue.
    I think we need to be careful here. The crucial line from the foreword is in a separate paragraph, "The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science." It is not necessarily connected to the prior or succeeding paragraphs in the way we automatically assume. Also, there is a "he" and a "his" and they are not necessarily the same person (i.e. Fenn). The whole thing is ambiguous (like everything else in this endeavor!). It may of course be all above board, but then again it may not.

In addition, I think it would be unwise to think that the treasure is secreted anywhere near the museum, and so the "structure" objection becomes moot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X