• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dream within a dream

"Life is a game of poker,
    Happiness is the pot.
    Fated deals you four cards and a joker,
    And you play whether you like it or not."

"On Saturdays, I'd go out behind our house to shoot meadowlarks for supper. The front sight on my gun was a little crooked so I had to off-set some when I aimed, but that didn't matter because I knew exactly how much to the side I had to point. I needed to get 5 birds, one for each member of the family, and sometimes if I couldn't find but four meadowlarks, I'd shoot a scissortail as a replacement. The trouble with robins was that they could see the BB coming and duck, so I learned not to waste shots on those guys."

What is different about a Robin versus the other birds that gave them the ability to see the BB coming and duck?

"Robin" Goodfellow is a hobgoblin in Shakespeare's play, nicknamed Puck. There are other places ol' Puck can be found. Have you seen him?

I can't decide who is more mischievous. Puck or Fenn. I hope that elicited a laugh.

I did not know of Puck.. more research..
    I had often thought of Loki and Fenn being similar.. sometimes an angel, often not..

Mischevious spirits.. limited to jests..
    Last edited by Wmbsome; 06-12-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post

The trouble with robins was that they could see the BB coming and duck, so I learned not to waste shots on those guys."

What is different about a Robin versus the other birds that gave them the ability to see the BB coming and duck?
      Robins can see magnetic fields.
      Fired projectiles create magnetic fields.

Comment

Always up front RT.. I wonder do you still remember that clue I gave you??

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Robins can see magnetic fields.
          Fired projectiles create magnetic fields.
          Most all birds can see magnetic fields. Fenn clearly makes a distinction in the book between Meadowlarks/Scissortails and the "ability" of Robins to "duck" the BB's. So in Fenn's mind, there is clearly a distinction between those birds. There is also more than one reference to Puck in Fenn's work. I'm only suggesting those that are interested, dig a little more to connect the dots. You certainly don't have to take my word for it.

Comment

Happiness is the pot.

"On Saturdays, I'd go out behind our house to shoot meadowlarks for supper. The front sight on my gun was a little crooked so I had to off-set some when I aimed, but that didn't matter because I knew exactly how much to the side I had to point. I needed to get 5 birds, one for each member of the family, and sometimes if I couldn't find but four meadowlarks, I'd shoot a scissortail as a replacement. The trouble with robins was that they could see the BB coming and duck, so I learned not to waste shots on those guys."

"Robin" Goodfellow is a hobgoblin in Shakespeare's play, nicknamed Puck. There are other places ol' Puck can be found. Have you seen him?

I can't decide who is more mischievous. Puck or Fenn. I hope that elicited a laugh.
            Let me show you the relevance of that quote. If you go to : https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/assets/book-previews/thrill-of-the-chase.pdf
            You will find that quote.
            The PDF was for those poor rednecks that could jump into their pickup truck with a bedroll and go seek the treasure. Poor people can’t really afford to buy TTOTC so Forrest posted the best hints from the book for free on his website.
            The 4 cards are the first 3 stanzas and the Epilogue shown in the PDF and also the 4th stanza.
            The joker is the fifth stanza.
            If you can do that, confidence will be had.
            This has not ever been discussed on a forum ever.

Comment

A synonym for joker is banana. Grab every joker.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Let me show you the relevance of that quote. If you go to : https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/assets/book-previews/thrill-of-the-chase.pdf
                You will find that quote.
                The PDF was for those poor rednecks that could jump into their pickup truck with a bedroll and go seek the treasure. Poor people can’t really afford to buy TTOTC so Forrest posted the best hints from the book for free on his website.
                The 4 cards are the first 3 stanzas and the Epilogue shown in the PDF and also the 4th stanza.
                The joker is the fifth stanza.
                If you can do that, confidence will be had.
                This has not ever been discussed on a forum ever.
                TreasureCodex ]

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking me to prove, but hope my answer will suffice.

Comment

TreasureCodex ]

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking me to prove, but hope my answer will suffice.
                  Just sharing with the masses on your related thread.
                  Kinda bored and the forums are for entertainment.
                  Looks like it won't be long, Eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Just sharing with the masses on your related thread.
                    Kinda bored and the forums are for entertainment.
                    Looks like it won't be long, Eh ?
                    The gun is sure smoking, but not sure the cartridge has been found. It is enjoyable to watch from a distance.

Comment

The gun is sure smoking, but not sure the cartridge has been found. It is enjoyable to watch from a distance.
                      I'm confident nobody else would find the correct cartridge most don't seem to be packing the correct gun.
                      Happiness is the pot of many forms !

Comment

It's not the cardridges in TTOTC that is difficult. It's all the other hands the Great Dealer hands us to play in the meantime.

Comment

FF0

Comment

Happiness is the pot.

The Chase is a game of poker,
                            Indulgence is the pot,
                            Fate deals you 4 meadowlarks and a scissortail,
                            and you eat whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                              FF0
                              Now your talking my language !

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nareit.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X