Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 9th clue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr hand
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
    of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.
    100% agree those are 2 of the top 3

    Leave a comment:


  • TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
    of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.
    I don't think it is a clue. Could be used as a hint.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wraith14u
    replied
    of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.

    Leave a comment:


  • M.c.B.
    replied
    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
    The ninth clue:
    good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- --- ----- to the gold
    Almost this ... IMO, of course!

    Leave a comment:


  • Coinaster
    replied
    The ninth clue:
    good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- --- ----- to the gold
    Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 03:33 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • M.c.B.
    replied
    Originally posted by JChere View Post

    Actually I like that. I believe your on to something about solving it correctly in order to understand how to solve the rest of the clues. I think if you correctly identify the first clue you then understand how to solve the other 8. And while not having a home run yet you gain the confidence your going to get there and aren't really worried about the other players tagging you out.

    Leave a comment:


  • TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by JChere View Post

    You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure
    He did say contiguous. There are words that connect sentences which are clues and hints.
    "There" , "Where" , "All" and then there is There 2 "There'll"

    Leave a comment:


  • JChere
    replied
    Originally posted by RahRah View Post

    There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

    He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

    What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?
    Actually I like that. I believe your on to something about solving it correctly in order to understand how to solve the rest of the clues. I think if you correctly identify the first clue you then understand how to solve the other 8. And while not having a home run yet you gain the confidence your going to get there and aren't really worried about the other players tagging you out.
    Last edited by JChere; 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • M.c.B.
    replied
    The 9 clues are linear, but the poem does not. That's why the treasury was not recovered in 2011/12. People, in addition to not obeying the poem, still stop at the "blaze" and looking down. The last clue can only be recognized in the exact location described in the "Gold and more" chapter.

    Leave a comment:


  • RahRah
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

    You're dancing all around it.
    arrrrrgh....I know, it's killing me! It'll come to me though!

    Leave a comment:


  • ROLL TIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by RahRah View Post

    There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

    He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

    What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?
    Signed in just to like this post ^^^
    Now, apply "... the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt … correctly ", to what we talked about the other day.
    (Take what you have, and marry it to wwwh).
    (You) already have the what, now marry it to the where.
    Once the two are joined, they become one, and produce a single word that is a bi-product of both of them.
    You're dancing all around it.

    Leave a comment:


  • RahRah
    replied
    Originally posted by JChere View Post

    You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure
    There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

    He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

    What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?

    Leave a comment:


  • JChere
    replied
    Originally posted by RahRah View Post
    There are nine clues, but I'm not sure how many truly understand what Fenn means? I certainly think I do, at least now, but I've never seen the correct interpretation of what the nine clues are actually discussed (IMO)
    You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure

    Leave a comment:


  • RahRah
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninety View Post

    Give us your 9 clues Rah Rah?
    Nah

    Leave a comment:


  • mikew1927
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninety View Post

    I like the word play, just like Forrest perhaps, I think there are only 3 moves you need to make, WWWH - NFBTFTW - PIBTHOB - NPFTM. The rest is detail surrounding the right sunsetting blaze.
    There's no perhaps about it in my view. It's all and only about wordplay. Playing with words. Connecting words. Twisting them. Putting them in your mouth and savouring them.

    Is the Blaze one single object? ~ Scout Around
    “In a word – Yes.” f

    ​object
    noun
    1. a material thing that can be seen and touched.
    2. a person or thing to which a specified action or feeling is directed.
    ​​​​​
    Which definition do you think Forrest had in mind when he said Yes?

    It's 2. Because it gives absolutely nothing away, and using it is the most fun - Yes it is a thing - a word - to which your action is directed - solving it!

    The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.f

    In my opinion, we should play with his nouns, don't change them, and come up with our own, which might mean the same thing, in a way, but in any case, find our word on a map. Look around and see if we can do it again with his next noun, or the next. Whichever one catches up in our brain.

    There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them. You over simplify the clues. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

    Where do warm waters halt? In a kettle! (Joke - or is it...)


    ​​​​​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X