Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 9th clue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by JChere View Post

    You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure
    There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

    He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

    What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by RahRah View Post

      There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

      He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

      What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?
      Signed in just to like this post ^^^
      Now, apply "... the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt … correctly ", to what we talked about the other day.
      (Take what you have, and marry it to wwwh).
      (You) already have the what, now marry it to the where.
      Once the two are joined, they become one, and produce a single word that is a bi-product of both of them.
      You're dancing all around it.
      Daniel Castro (Blues)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

        You're dancing all around it.
        arrrrrgh....I know, it's killing me! It'll come to me though!

        Comment


        • #34
          The 9 clues are linear, but the poem does not. That's why the treasury was not recovered in 2011/12. People, in addition to not obeying the poem, still stop at the "blaze" and looking down. The last clue can only be recognized in the exact location described in the "Gold and more" chapter.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RahRah View Post

            There are a lot of ways to reconcile how the nine clues have not been given to Fenn in the right order - Fenn has even said we should consider the 'what if's...', he's also said if we don't have the first clue nailed down, we have nothing.

            He's said, straight out, 'where warm waters halt' is the first clue.

            What he has not said is that 'where warm waters halt' is the first chronological clue.....first does not just mean chronological first, it can simply be only the first one starts to look at, it's the first piece; the first part that has to be "nailed down" before proceeding with solving the other clues. Here is a 'what if' for you - what if it is that first clue that is required to solve the other clues? Without it being fixed/secured/pegged/stationary (nailed down) you do not have what you need to solve the rest of the clues because all of the remaining solution depends on solving 'where warm waters halt' not only first, but correctly?
            Actually I like that. I believe your on to something about solving it correctly in order to understand how to solve the rest of the clues. I think if you correctly identify the first clue you then understand how to solve the other 8. And while not having a home run yet you gain the confidence your going to get there and aren't really worried about the other players tagging you out.
            Last edited by JChere; 06-12-2019, 10:51 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JChere View Post

              You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure
              He did say contiguous. There are words that connect sentences which are clues and hints.
              "There" , "Where" , "All" and then there is There 2 "There'll"

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by JChere View Post

                Actually I like that. I believe your on to something about solving it correctly in order to understand how to solve the rest of the clues. I think if you correctly identify the first clue you then understand how to solve the other 8. And while not having a home run yet you gain the confidence your going to get there and aren't really worried about the other players tagging you out.

                Comment


                • #38
                  The ninth clue:
                  good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- --- ----- to the gold
                  Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 02:33 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                    The ninth clue:
                    good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- --- ----- to the gold
                    Almost this ... IMO, of course!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.
                      "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                        of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.
                        I don't think it is a clue. Could be used as a hint.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                          of all the clues that are given "brave and in the wood' I feel is as important as WWWH, I feel a connection almost, it been in my mind for a time now. I wood like to know more about the clue for my own reward.
                          100% agree those are 2 of the top 3

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X