The 9th clue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
    A) It helps to know something about Rocky Mountain geography when making plans to search for my treasure. Rocking chair ideas can lead one to the first few clues, but a physical presence is needed to complete the solve. Google Earth cannot help with the last clue. f
    I disagree with Forrest's statement here. It is very difficult but not impossible to complete solve before going BOTG.

Comment

I don't think that solving all the clues before leaving home is in conflict with Forrest's statement. He's only saying Google Earth can't help with the last clue, and with that I agree. The poem tells me what to look for, while Google Earth is useless for that step.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
        I don't think that solving all the clues before leaving home is in conflict with Forrest's statement. He's only saying Google Earth can't help with the last clue, and with that I agree. The poem tells me what to look for, while Google Earth is useless for that step.
        I think GE is useful but difficult for last clue. There are better internet resources for the last clue.

Comment

There are nine clues, but I'm not sure how many truly understand what Fenn means? I certainly think I do, at least now, but I've never seen the correct interpretation of what the nine clues are actually discussed (IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
            There are nine clues, but I'm not sure how many truly understand what Fenn means? I certainly think I do, at least now, but I've never seen the correct interpretation of what the nine clues are actually discussed (IMO)
            Agreed! My last clue is, So why is it that I must go.

Comment

Hypothesis:

"Each of the first 8 clues is a named geographical place that will progress you towards the chest. The nineth place, is something you haven't got a clue about."

Discuss!

Comment

did he say one would need help with the last clue? or something like that?
                "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

Hypothesis:

"Each of the first 8 clues is a named geographical place that will progress you towards the chest. The nineth place, is something you haven't got a clue about."

Discuss!
                  I like the word play, just like Forrest perhaps, I think there are only 3 moves you need to make, WWWH - NFBTFTW - PIBTHOB - NPFTM. The rest is detail surrounding the right sunsetting blaze.
                  Last edited by Ninety; 06-12-2019, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                    did he say one would need help with the last clue? or something like that?
                    I think GE will not help you with the last clue.

Comment

Give us your 9 clues Rah Rah?

Comment

Huh, never thought of it like that but yeah 3 moves sounds about right to me. The right blaze, well put.

Comment

NPFTM=HALT=REST=to put in , if I understand
                          Last edited by Wraith14u; 06-12-2019, 04:48 AM.
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post

I like the word play, just like Forrest perhaps, I think there are only 3 moves you need to make, WWWH - NFBTFTW - PIBTHOB - NPFTM. The rest is detail surrounding the right sunsetting blaze.
                            There's no perhaps about it in my view. It's all and only about wordplay. Playing with words. Connecting words. Twisting them. Putting them in your mouth and savouring them.

Is the Blaze one single object? ~ Scout Around
                            “In a word – Yes.” f

​object
                            noun
                            1. a material thing that can be seen and touched.
                            2. a person or thing to which a specified action or feeling is directed.
                            ​​​​​
                            Which definition do you think Forrest had in mind when he said Yes?

It's 2. Because it gives absolutely nothing away, and using it is the most fun - Yes it is a thing - a word - to which your action is directed - solving it!

The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.f

In my opinion, we should play with his nouns, don't change them, and come up with our own, which might mean the same thing, in a way, but in any case, find our word on a map. Look around and see if we can do it again with his next noun, or the next. Whichever one catches up in our brain.

There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them. You over simplify the clues. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

Where do warm waters halt? In a kettle! (Joke - or is it...)

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post

Give us your 9 clues Rah Rah?
                              Nah

Comment

You know Rah f said something about know one has never given him the 9 clues in the right order and yet he said they are contiguous or or continuous in the poem. This to me was an odd statement. If you really think you know what he means (and I think I do) this is in know way a conflict. I think this is where some of the poem purist have gotten the idea(i could be wrong it doesn't matter) of the 9 sentence 9 clues way of thinking but it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the first clue. If you nail down the first clue I think everything else will begin to clear up and you'll start to ask yourself is it really that simple, am I really over half way there. But only f knows for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X