The 9th clue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 9th clue

The 9th clue in my solution, has nothing to do with the chest. The 9th clue is an instruction from Forrest on what you should do now that you have the chest.
    "If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car" f

Originally posted by Ninety View Post
    The 9th clue in my solution, has nothing to do with the chest. The 9th clue is an instruction from Forrest on what you should do now that you have the chest.
    "If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car" f
    That's an unusual take on it, Ninety. I'd be curious how you square that with what FF said in the Moby Dickens interview:
    "There are nine clues in the poem, and if you can figure out those clues they will take you to the treasure chest, and you can have it if you can find it."

He didn't say, there are eight clues that will take you to the treasure chest and one that will tell you what to do once you find it. That said, I think the line you quoted has great relevance to the method of retrieval.

Comment

I'm not sure what the 9th clue is, I've never tried to count them since I'm not f.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

That's an unusual take on it, Ninety. I'd be curious how you square that with what FF said in the Moby Dickens interview:
        "There are nine clues in the poem, and if you can figure out those clues they will take you to the treasure chest, and you can have it if you can find it."

He didn't say, there are eight clues that will take you to the treasure chest and one that will tell you what to do once you find it. That said, I think the line you quoted has great relevance to the method of retrieval.
        "There are nine clues in the poem, and if you can figure out those clues they will take you to the treasure chest, and you can have it if you can find it."[/I]
        Let us suppose 8 clues get you to the chest but then CAN you have it? I think finding the chest is one thing, retrieving the chest is another.
        You have to be brave indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post
          "There are nine clues in the poem, and if you can figure out those clues they will take you to the treasure chest, and you can have it if you can find it."[/I]
          Let us suppose 8 clues get you to the chest but then CAN you have it? I think finding the chest is one thing, retrieving the chest is another.
          You have to be brave indeed.
          Ah, I think I see what you're getting at. Yes, I agree that we will need to be brave. But I also think this is where trust becomes very important.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

Ah, I think I see what you're getting at. Yes, I agree that we will need to be brave. But I also think this is where trust becomes very important.
            Yes brave like and Indian Brave - the hunter. Trust is most likely the snag in the solution. It's a two-way street and both ends are blocked. IMO

Comment

The ninth clue takes you to the 'it' that you can have when you find that 'it'. That it is not a bronze box nor is it the gold at the end of the poem. That statement, 'you have take it if you find it.' is common in a particular sport. Basically, it means the 'spot' and does not mean the bronze box nor the gold. IMO in my solution.

Comment

" So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure "
                . . . NINE CLUES . . . WILL LEAD TO . . . THE TREASURE .

Nine. Not eight.

According to Forrest, as seen above, it would seem that the NINTH clue is included in the directions that will lead you TO the treasure.
                Therefore, it might be safe to say that the ninth clue is not something that would apply to any actions that might need to be taken after having found the treasure.
                Daniel Castro (Blues)
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCrfKtA3lE

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
                  " So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure "

Nine. Not eight.

According to Forrest, as seen above, it would seem that the NINTH clue is included in the directions that will lead you TO the treasure.
                  Therefore, it might be safe to say that the ninth clue is not something that would apply to any actions that might need to be taken after having found the treasure.
                  The ninth clue, the ninth clue, where have I seen the ninth clue before ? Oh yes, with many others in the ancient writings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	09-1-L.png
Views:	482
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	103823

What do it mean ? Oh yes, there was a hint ! "hint; of riches,"

Click image for larger version

Name:	9-8-L.png
Views:	477
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	103824

Comment

The 9th SYMPHONY! Well.. a bit of a combination of instructions to get to it, and then a weird simplified twist at the end - at least in my solve.
                    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Nine. Not eight.

Actually... I don't believe that it is important to identify the 9 clues... Just solve the darn poem.... Poem purists like yourself fail because you cannot identify the nine clues.... Every word is important and if combined there are nine clues.... So what?

Comment

I edited out some of the posts to get back on track. I think the posters involved where it got off track were really talking on this thread but it was not on the topic, more between themselves. I like the idea of staying away from eachother. I see both sides of this one, but also tend to like the idea of getting back on track. Thanks for understanding.
                        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

A) It helps to know something about Rocky Mountain geography when making plans to search for my treasure. Rocking chair ideas can lead one to the first few clues, but a physical presence is needed to complete the solve. Google Earth cannot help with the last clue. f

Comment

Nine. Not eight.

As this hunt has been playing out over almost 10 years, I would say nothing is safe to say. 9 clues in the POEM will lead you to the chest but if you have the key this leads to additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
                              A) It helps to know something about Rocky Mountain geography when making plans to search for my treasure. Rocking chair ideas can lead one to the first few clues, but a physical presence is needed to complete the solve. Google Earth cannot help with the last clue. f
                              Because the last clue has nothing to do with the chest IMO that's why GE cannot help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X