Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Forrest ever chosen a specific blog he would announce a find on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO ff insists on complete control and that leaves the retriever out.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

I wonder if Forrest would defer to the Retriever's suggestion as to whom the retrieval of the chest should first be reported.. Or, at least, allow some input.

Peace,

Orion
      The ball is in the retrievers court if they want it.
      Forrest has admitted he may not know when chest is retrieved if the retriever chooses not to tell him.
      Forrest will not also tell the media that chest has been found if he is not given substantial proof of that fact.
      Hence ball is in retrievers court.

Comment

IMO Forrest puts the most on the line. It was his grit and wisdom that created everything. In the end, its Forrest who pursues. Everything is his to do as he wishes.
        Last edited by Wmbsome; 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Priceless!
          Last edited by Wmbsome; 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wmbsome View Post
            This first of course... which is priceless!
            Happy dance !

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-4-L.png Views:	0 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	104166Click image for larger version  Name:	6-7-L.png Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	104167Click image for larger version  Name:	5-4-L.png Views:	0 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	104168

How about Fred Astaire ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-4-L.png Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	104170Click image for larger version  Name:	12-5-L.png Views:	1 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	104169

Last edited by TreasureCodex; 06-12-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Pretty impressive.. gonna take me awhile to learn those moves..

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember

Sorry to further hijack a thread, but geocaching is a failed analogy. In the case of a poem the words are the coordinates such that "where" has no identity prior to or absent of "warm waters halt". But have it your way: plug into your phone "treasure chest in the mountains north of Santa Fe". Well? What are you waiting for?
                I don’t need where to have an identity prior to or absent of “warm waters halt”. That’s been my point.

The geocaching analogy does fit one of the points I’m discussing. I don’t think anyone can deny that many geocachers have found the hidden object but not known what it is that they are looking for. Many times geocachers go out as a group and only one of them holds the phone or gps device. Many times the others in the group are being vectored in by only what info the phone carrying person provides. Many times out of the millions of successful finds the one that found it won’t know what they were looking for because the phone guy/gal didn’t provide that info.

In this analogous example, the finder didn’t read all of the poem clues or hear them. But (s)he still was able to find an unknown thing based on something else than knowing what it was exactly.

Same as this:

A friend called me and started to explain that he was missing something. He thought it was at my house and maybe by my bike. Suddenly the call was dropped. I don’t know what I’m looking for.
                I go to the specific location of my bike in the garage and find four feet away a skateboard. I’ve never seen it before.
                I called him later and told him what I found. He said, yeah, that’s what he was looking for. He just bought it a couple of days ago.
                I found something without knowing what I was looking for. Many times it’s because I (or whoever) knew the specific location of something else prior to being told to look for this unknown object.
                Last edited by duncan; 06-13-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I believe the poem was designed to provide the where of wwwh, the what comes after you learn a little geography on the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post
                    I believe the poem was designed to provide the where of wwwh, the what comes after you learn a little geography on the place.
                    I would agree with that. It does provide a few rough linkages to an area.
                    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember

That's an odd thing to say. Of course it's not needed. Fixity is needed. Prior to and absent "WWH" "Where" is vacuous and unfixed. It would be the same as saying " Go and call me once you get there" without ever specifying where to go. That's my point. If where is unqualified it has no identity. Its only qualification/identity is WWH.

In the case of your example the phone call is vacant of the object, but provides fixity. But the analogy fails yet again since it fixes in your own garage where you can expect a modicum of familiarity with "What" is there. If I told you I lost some unnamed thing in the gray shelf in Govenor's mansion's garage and asked you to retrieve it then you're in a situation more analogous to the poem.
                      If it’s obvious it’s not needed than why is it odd to say that? I don’t understand. If we are seeing the process play out in two different ways like I think we are then it would be appropriate to start at the obvious and see where the difference is from there.

You say it would be the same as saying go and call me once you get there" without ever specifying where to go.

I’m saying I think we have been given more than the unspecificity in your examples. We have been given ,with specificity, where to go nearby where the obvious wwwh will be waiting.

I don't agree that my garage analogy fails to possibly replicate the poem’s way of hiding the correct wwwh. It’s for the reason I just stated above.
                      Last edited by duncan; 06-14-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I don't think it really matters where it is announced - once it's announced, word will spread quickly and we'll all know, no matter where it is announced.

Comment

It matters to me for reasons I did not try to point out.
                          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                            This one or Dal's or anywhere?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeFenn.3.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	104768

and Gadi, perhaps

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/06/14/sc...o_hundred-two/

Peace,

Orion the Hunter
                            Last edited by ORION; 06-16-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeFenn.3.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	104768

and Gadi, perhaps

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/06/14/sc...o_hundred-two/

Peace,

Orion the Hunter
                              I love that. Somebody could make Time magazine with a find + effective humanitarianism with some of the proceeds. Love to see it happen.

Comment

What do you think was on the cover of the Time magazine Forrest threw in the trash? And is it relevant to the controversy behind where the treasure is hidden?

Comment

Working...
                                X