Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Forrest ever chosen a specific blog he would announce a find on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Therefore, it doesn't matter that you know/don't know you are searching for a bronze box. It matters only that you follow the directions given. If you follow those directions precisely, you are going to arrive where you were instructed to go.”

Yes, the where is more important than the what.
    Last edited by duncan; 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan View Post
      “Therefore, it doesn't matter that you know/don't know you are searching for a bronze box. It matters only that you follow the directions given. If you follow those directions precisely, you are going to arrive where you were instructed to go.”

Yes, the where is more important than the what.
      Glad to see you are able to join us again.
      But, you're taking things totally out of context just to try to breathe new life into an old debate that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the current discussion.
      Being of sound mind, I am one who can understand that in order for me to know where to begin, then I must first understand what warm waters is referring to.
      A sound mind also grants me the ability to understand that I can follow a set of nine directions that will lead me to a particular destination, without needing to first know what will be found at that final destination.
      Better luck next time.
      Pickett & SkyDog
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8Q2PATVyI

Comment

During Irene Rawlings' lunch with Forrest in Santa Fe on Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 (give or take a day), Forrest tells her he has " ... hidden a treasure box -- a box full of gold -- and was just finishing up a memoir of clues and how to find it."

In Report from Santa Fe with Lorene Mills (May 13, 2011): "There are nine clues in that poem. If you can follow the clues to the chest, you can have it, and the poem says that." Later: "Well, in my book there’s a poem, like I said. And there are nine clues in the poem. And the clues are in consecutive order. If you can read that – if you want to find the treasure chest, you have my book there, I’ll tell you how to do it. Read the book just normally: the poem, and the rest of the book. And then go back and read the poem 6, 8, 10 times. Study every line, every word. Then after you do that, read the book again slowly with the idea of looking for clues or hints that are in the book that will help you follow the clues. You can find the chest with just the clues, but there are hints in the book that will help you with the clues.”

In Mysterious Writings Six Questions from 2013, last part of Forrest's answer to Question 4: "One thing is certain, when a person discovers that beautiful bronze chest and opens it for the first time and sees the bracelet with hundreds of rubies, emeralds, sapphires and diamonds, and the 265 gold coins and hundreds of placer nuggets, he will be in awe. It is easy for me to predict the expression on his their (sic) face."

I could post dozens more quotes from over the years that are consistent with these examples, but to me it's pretty clear that the treasure is not separate from the bronze chest -- it's within it. And since the clues lead you to the location of the chest, the clues lead you to the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel View Post

There is the bronze box which is not at the end of the poem.
          There is the treasure of gold at the end of the poem.
          There is the story of the one who solved the poem.

The bronze box IMO will not be found as it is not in the wilderness and available.
          The treasure at the end of the poem - chest was found, lid was raised, artifacts taken and gone in peace, but the taken may have been awkward.
          The story is ff's take.

So wish one is the treasure/it that will be announced? He said do not discount the 'nouns'. It is the pronouns that are the problem. Treasure, chest, it - unless they accompany specifically a bronze box, they do not refer to the bronze box. It is a pronoun but each individual decides if the bronze box is the noun to which that it refers. The use of treasure and chest is like the pronoun, 'it'.

IMO until one suspends the bronze box, one will not figure out the riddle. This is one reason why Dal's bloggers are lost. It is forbidden to even assume that the bronze box is not at the end of the poem. If one entertains the idea and suspends the bronze box, it is considered calling ff a liar. That logic does not fit in with a riddle. There is a way that ff did not lie and yet the bronze box is not in the wilderness. It's a riddle - how can it be true and not true at the same time? Shrodinger's Cat - that is the riddle.

Basically, what is the 'it' that will be announced when it is found? 'Found' discovered or taken . . . Thus far 'it' as is announced is not the chest at the end of the poem nor is it the artifacts there. It is not the bronze box that is the fake fly or lure. That leaves the riddle found or ff has the rights to the solver's story.

A lot to think about I know. How can all of this be true and yet ff has not lied - as far as I can tell from the limited blogs and media I viewed.

Solve for Shrodinger's Cat - solve for the bronze box. If all you need is the poem and a map - think about it - how do you know you are searching for a bronze box? When you can answer that one, it would be of great interest because I don't see 'bronze box' in the poem or on any map available in the public. If the bronze box is at the end of the poem, does anyone have a proof from any media that ff specifically states, "The bronze box is at the end of the poem." and does not replace 'bronze box' with treasure or chest or it or bounty. The 'Sherif should have been the first one to have discovered this dilemma since law enforcement when taking a report does not accept pronouns and requires the name repeated throughout the report. IMO the bronze box is his finest false fly or lure.

This is IMO as it is not all confirmed. Does that help Pilot?
          Too complicated for me!

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Glad to see you are able to join us again.
            But, you're taking things totally out of context just to try to breathe new life into an old debate that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the current discussion.
            Being of sound mind, I am one who can understand that in order for me to know where to begin, then I must first understand what warm waters is referring to.
            A sound mind also grants me the ability to understand that I can follow a set of nine directions that will lead me to a particular destination, without needing to first know what will be found at that final destination.
            Better luck next time.
            No I wasn’t. Nice try.
            Last edited by duncan; 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger
              12)I want to find your treasure. What should I do first?
              Figure out where warm waters halt
              http://mysteriouswritings.com/featur...enn-%ef%bb%bf/

The where comes first it would seem from this answer. Is it possible to 'do' without knowing the what? Although it seems logical that the what is necessary to know before you can know the where, it is conceivable to learn the where without knowing the what in my opinion ... but I'll not be-labor this subject.

Thanks RT and Duncan.
              Apparently none of the millions of people who have gone on a Geocache while following coordinates on their phone have been able to find the hidden object because they didn’t first know what the object was. Keeping in mind that the phone coordinates aren’t precise to the foot or less. Preposterous

Comment

4 seperate meanings.
                treasures = his memories
                chest= could be the box or a direction
                trove= document explaining what he wants the world to know. Why he picked that spot.
                i give you title to the gold = a seperate reward or title to the poem.
                the word " it" could be the word we can't untie.
                but i like the word " can" for some reason but CANn't figure out why. Forrest used the the word Pepper So many times it made me salty at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Here ya go . . . #5
                  I don't know how you manage to find stuff and get the link but thanks. That was the comment I remembered.

Comment

OMG, you guys are too funny for words. I looked at the original post and the few posts after and thought I was being asked one thing, but the thread is now totally about something else. What was the question?
                    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                      OMG, you guys are too funny for words. I looked at the original post and the few posts after and thought I was being asked one thing, but the thread is now totally about something else. What was the question?
                      Has forrest said to you he would announce on THOR the chest has been found (when it gets found) ?
                      or whether anyone knew if other blogs had that exclusivity?
                      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

Has forrest said to you he would announce on THOR the chest has been found (when it gets found) ?
                        or whether anyone knew if other blogs had that exclusivity?
                        Q1: Yes.
                        or
                        Q2: No.

I think word will travel so fast, it won’t matter much, but a nice little niche we have. As long as we keep this place positive and chase related. I try my best friends, hope you do too!
                        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Forrest's initial promise, years ago, is that it would be announced on Dal's and three major news outlets (NBC presumably among them because of his heavy Today Show presence). As KPro says, word will spread fast to all blogs and traditional news outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Q1: Yes.
                            or
                            Q2: No.

I think word will travel so fast, it won’t matter much, but a nice little niche we have. As long as we keep this place positive and chase related. I try my best friends, hope you do too!
                            Well that's great! I don't think that honor would get ruined. Man of his word, I would imagine. When did he mention that? 6 months? A year ago?
                            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                              Forrest's initial promise, years ago, is that it would be announced on Dal's and three major news outlets (NBC presumably among them because of his heavy Today Show presence). As KPro says, word will spread fast to all blogs and traditional news outlets.
                              It was curious to see that recent and weird Forrest impersonator on Dal’s site. On top of that Dal (or someone) deleted Kpro’s post that she had gotten word from Forrest that the original post wasn’t from Forrest. That doesn’t bode well. Seemed like Dal didn’t want any outside help in getting the proper word out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                                This one or Dal's or anywhere?
                                I wonder if Forrest would defer to the Retriever's suggestion as to whom the retrieval of the chest should first be reported.. Or, at least, allow some input.

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Working...
                                X