Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1,000 Bet Minotaur Moreno's 600 Name List Has WWWH

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JeremyP

    "Dammit, Watson. You're supposed to eliminate all but one, not add more!" - Fake Sherlock
    Hahaha, I meant “springs” instead of “streams”.

    I did it to increase my odds if I happen to make the bet again someday.

    Comment


    • #17
      So your original list did not give named thermal springs?
      "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Treasure Joe View Post
        So your original list did not give named thermal springs?
        To make the list of 200k more manageable, I choose to use keywords like hot, warm, fria, content, cold, cool, and many others. If the place contained those words anywhere in the name, it was returned. I also filtered out any man-made structures (dams, etc) from the list.

        Since I first created that list, I’ve realized that that was filtering out some good places that should be returned. That’s why I included the over 5,000 springs and emailed everyone the updated file.

        mm

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

          To make the list of 200k more manageable, I choose to use keywords like hot, warm, fria, content, cold, cool, and many others. If the place contained those words anywhere in the name, it was returned. I also filtered out any man-made structures (dams, etc) from the list.

          Since I first created that list, I’ve realized that that was filtering out some good places that should be returned. That’s why I included the over 5,000 springs and emailed everyone the updated file.

          mm
          Just one silly question:

          What if ... WWWH is a man-made structure?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

            Just one silly question:

            What if ... WWWH is a man-made structure?
            I could be wrong about all man-made structures. I know I filtered out dams. I can check when I get home tonight and post. I know it’s more than just dams, though.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
              $1,000 Bet Minotaur Moreno's 600 Name List Has W.W.W.H.

              Minotaur Moreno and The Flip Side have bet $1,000 that Minotaur Moreno's list does or doesn't have W.W.W.H. on it.

              If the chest is found, the solution is given, and W.W.W.H. is on Minotuar's list, The Flip Side will be expected to pay $1,000 dollars to Minotaur Moreno. If it isn't, Minotaur Moreno is expected to pay $1,000 to The Flip Side.

              If the chest is found and solution not given, both are in the clear.

              This post locks in our bet.

              mm
              Was this bet ever determined or settled?
              Rudy Green[e]
              "First to the Miracle Log"
              whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Diane Sawyer will do a story on it ,when it is confirmed

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am sure he was wrong periglacial wedges are wwwh. They were the reason for the pie stories. Take note when reading TTOTC how f brings cold into every account about pie. Even in Teachers with ropes the outline or blueprint for wwwh he ends it with eating ice cream. The first wwwh is the cow pie he ends that story with sometimes teachers don't understand. The second WWWH is the story when he steals the pie, we have the frozen meat locker, and Frosty. The final wwwh is the lady who breaks the pies so f can get them two for a nickel. On cold days on the way to school. Each story plugs in at its place in the solution. Each story adds other hints for the reader as well. When I see things like nine mile trying to be sold as the solution for TTOTC it becomes clear how many underestimated Forrest Fenn.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
                    I am sure he was wrong periglacial wedges are wwwh. They were the reason for the pie stories. Take note when reading TTOTC how f brings cold into every account about pie. Even in Teachers with ropes the outline or blueprint for wwwh he ends it with eating ice cream. The first wwwh is the cow pie he ends that story with sometimes teachers don't understand. The second WWWH is the story when he steals the pie, we have the frozen meat locker, and Frosty. The final wwwh is the lady who breaks the pies so f can get them two for a nickel. On cold days on the way to school. Each story plugs in at its place in the solution. Each story adds other hints for the reader as well. When I see things like nine mile trying to be sold as the solution for TTOTC it becomes clear how many underestimated Forrest Fenn.
                    Did you read or follow Forrest at all? The only place on earth that he ever wrote or talked about having warm waters was Yellowstone. Even a child can figure that out.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

                      Did you read or follow Forrest at all? The only place on earth that he ever wrote or talked about having warm waters was Yellowstone. Even a child can figure that out.
                      He said there were hints in the book TTOTC "IN LOVE WITH YELLOWSTONE" would be a little more than a hint.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

                        Did you read or follow Forrest at all? The only place on earth that he ever wrote or talked about having warm waters was Yellowstone. Even a child can figure that out.
                        He said to show it to a child, not a child could figure it out. You are so convinced you are correct, you won't even listen to someone who has tried to show you the real location.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

                          Just one silly question:

                          What if ... WWWH is a man-made structure?
                          The entire Chase is a man-made structure which was constructed by Forrest.
                          From "square" "one", "Forrest" pulled the "rocking" "chair" "wool" "over" our "eyes".
                          As a result of his subliminal messages, it made us imagine things.
                          Similar to seeing excessive quotation marks that are non-existent to most.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Suzy View Post

                            The entire Chase is a man-made structure which was constructed by Forrest.
                            From "square" "one", "Forrest" pulled the "rocking" "chair" "wool" "over" our "eyes".
                            As a result of his subliminal messages, it made us imagine things.
                            Similar to seeing excessive quotation marks that are non-existent to most.
                            "it's" all in the "words"..........

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

                              He said to show it to a child, not a child could figure it out. You are so convinced you are correct, you won't even listen to someone who has tried to show you the real location.
                              Did you miss all the times Forrest said he created it for kids? Or when he said kids would have an advantage. Or how everyone with their grand ideas were overthinking it all amd missing the beginning? Or how knowledge wouldn't help you.

                              Forrest said when it was revealed everyone would say, "why didn't I think of that?" Things that illicit a response like that are obvious and easy.

                              You might as well have searched in Africa based on your ideas. You were too knowledgeable for your own good and definitely not on the simple level that f created. Most searchers wanted to outsmart the fox but their smarts got in the way.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

                                Did you miss all the times Forrest said he created it for kids? Or when he said kids would have an advantage. Or how everyone with their grand ideas were overthinking it all amd missing the beginning? Or how knowledge wouldn't help you.

                                Forrest said when it was revealed everyone would say, "why didn't I think of that?" Things that illicit a response like that are obvious and easy.

                                You might as well have searched in Africa based on your ideas. You were too knowledgeable for your own good and definitely not on the simple level that f created. Most searchers wanted to outsmart the fox but their smarts got in the way.
                                I agree with you, but we don't know why Forrest said the things he did. I think he thought carefully about every word he said. I think he said that in a written reply which even gives him more time to contemplate.

                                Someone here suggested kids could be goats. Go one step further. GOATS (think of Tom Brady). Greatest of all Time. Maybe, in that sense, a GOAT could have an advantage. I'm not saying I am right. I don't think I am, but having a one sided view of his statements is a double edge sword isn't it? He also said the little girl from India couldn't get past the second clue. With that line of thinking, he was telling you a kid was not a kid.

                                He did say we were overthinking it and that is why your statement about kids could be correct. I don't know anything but do you see why none of us are absolutely correct? We think we know the answer and than look at it from a different perspective and say, hmmm.

                                I respect all of your posts. Trust me I do. I don't want to belittle or offend one person. I just feel like if we worked together someone could have figured it out. Maybe you would have only made 10.00 bucks each but heck, what a story to tell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X