$1,000 Bet Minotaur Moreno's 600 Name List Has WWWH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1,000 Bet Minotaur Moreno's 600 Name List Has WWWH

$1,000 Bet Minotaur Moreno's 600 Name List Has W.W.W.H.

Minotaur Moreno and The Flip Side have bet $1,000 that Minotaur Moreno's list does or doesn't have W.W.W.H. on it.

If the chest is found, the solution is given, and W.W.W.H. is on Minotuar's list, The Flip Side will be expected to pay $1,000 dollars to Minotaur Moreno. If it isn't, Minotaur Moreno is expected to pay $1,000 to The Flip Side.

If the chest is found and solution not given, both are in the clear.

This post locks in our bet.

mm
    If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

I bet mm wins. Odds look like 600:1 to me.

Comment

Sounds Kool 600:1 class by his self
      "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Minotaur Moreno and The Flip Side have bet $1,000 that Minotaur Moreno's list does or doesn't have W.W.W.H. on it.

If the chest is found, the solution is given, and W.W.W.H. is on Minotuar's list, The Flip Side will be expected to pay $1,000 dollars to Minotaur Moreno. If it isn't, Minotaur Moreno is expected to pay $1,000 to The Flip Side.

mm
        Justin,

Lets be clear on one thing: the bet was that the interpretation of what warm waters halt is not being found on your list of 600 geographical named information system or GNIS. For I'm certain that the warm waters halt, that is referred to in the poem, is not a geographically named place. Now the geographical area that the poem's warm waters halt falls within could be found on a GNIS.

Example: Many searchers believe warm waters halt to be a geothermal feature, and most if not all geothermal features have names, so those are most likely to fall within a GNIS.

So for my part the bet was on whether or not the what warm water halt is, will not be found on your list of 600. And in my opinion there is a distinct difference between what warm waters halt is and where warm waters halt.

Seannm

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
          I bet mm wins. Odds look like 600:1 to me.
          I was think with over 600 to 1 odds that mm has a pretty good chance

Comment

Originally posted by Seannm View Post

Justin,

Lets be clear on one thing: the bet was that the interpretation of what warm waters halt is not being found on your list of 600 geographical named information system or GNIS. For I'm certain that the warm waters halt, that is referred to in the poem, is not a geographically named place. Now the geographical area that the poem's warm waters halt falls within could be found on a GNIS.

Example: Many searchers believe warm waters halt to be a geothermal feature, and most if not all geothermal features have names, so those are most likely to fall within a GNIS.

So for my part the bet was on whether or not the what warm water halt is, will not be found on your list of 600. And in my opinion there is a distinct difference between what warm waters halt is and where warm waters halt.

Seannm
            Alright, maybe I don’t understand our bet then. I thought we were betting the W.W.W.H. in the poem will be listed as a GNIS place. I thought we were betting on “where” not “what”

Is that not the bet?

mm
            Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 06-08-2019, 09:32 AM.
            If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

I think the following:
              Does the list "lead the searcher" to the correct WWWH?
              For this to happen, the correct WWWH name and location must be on the list.
              Yes or no?

But I'll be honest: I find it very unlikely that the name is on the list. Otherwise he would have recovered the chest ...

Remember that finding the WWWH is already half way to the treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
                I think the following:
                Does the list "lead the searcher" to the correct WWWH?
                For this to happen, the correct WWWH name and location must be on the list.
                Yes or no?

But I'll be honest: I find it very unlikely that the name is on the list. Otherwise he would have recovered the chest ...

Remember that finding the WWWH is already half way to the treasure.
                That’s the way I understood it, too.

Example: When a person goes to solve WWWH, they will put one of the places listed on my list in their gps to get the directions to drive to.

If that’s not what we are betting on, then I don’t understand the terms of the bet and there is no bet.

mm

Comment

MM,

Again the bet as I was to believe it was focused on the what warm waters halt is not being found on your list.

If if one believes the first clue is only the line: begin it where warm waters halt, then they will focus on trying to identify what that is, and then based upon that subjective idea they will then try force fit the remaining clues.

I have have not purchased your list and do not indent to, no offense. But I believe you may have put a lot of effort into compiling a list of geographically named areas based upon a subjective opinion of what you believe warm waters halt is.

So so again my bet was that what warm waters halt is would not be on your list of geographical names places.

Seannm

Comment

That's awesome and a fairly deep commitment, wow
                    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

MM,

Again the bet as I was to believe it was focused on the what warm waters halt is not being found on your list.

If if one believes the first clue is only the line: begin it where warm waters halt, then they will focus on trying to identify what that is, and then based upon that subjective idea they will then try force fit the remaining clues.

I have have not purchased your list and do not indent to, no offense. But I believe you may have put a lot of effort into compiling a list of geographically named areas based upon a subjective opinion of what you believe warm waters halt is.

So so again my bet was that what warm waters halt is would not be on your list of geographical names places.

Seannm
                      Yeah, that's definitely not what I thought we were betting. No worries and no bet then.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

mm
                        What if I find it and don’t tell any of you wwwh or the solution? I 100% won’t say my solution, but I probably wouldn’t mind telling you the right wwwh

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP
                          Seannm I don't know how inclusive his GNIS list is, but that's a tough bet Sean I wouldn't take it, based on how quickly the first two clues were solved and the little girl in India who couldn't get past the first two clues while having a map of the Rockies. Named places seem pretty likely answers to the first two clues.
                          Jeremy,

There is a huge different between figuring out the first two clues and what warm waters halt is. And in my interpretation what warm waters halt is won’t be found on any GNIS.

Seannm

Comment

what warm waters halt is won’t be found on any GNIS.
                            Totally agree, 100%.

I can't tell you more. It's a matter of national security.

Comment

Wouldn’t the bet still be the same?

If the correct solve is on MM’s WWWH list, then it is a named place of a water feature. Therefore MM would win.
                              If the correct sovle is as Sean’s suggests, it would not be on MM list, therefore Sean would win?

Though you both had different nuances to the bet, I can’t see how the outcome would change even with the new bet.
                              “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X