No announcement yet.

36 inch tub - Olga - Tuber disucsses.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would he messure the bathtub? I'm guessing the spot where he was gonna hide his body with the chest is 36 inches. The spot also has something to do with controversy. Preston said it himself in the last book. Most people don't put that aspect in there solves. So it's something Forrest unraveled between 1940 & 1988 . It's the clue that wasn't there before he was born. Or at least the info was not known.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      You Tubers have some great topics to discuss, such as 36 inches in Olga’s tub, being coordinates. Here is a great video that got my mind a thinking........ I know, from a year a go, but wanted to give the reference to the initial discussion on the subject. Way to go Cowlazars on picking up on that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHJJawkqcTI

PS - I have had a few searchers say they are going to go through all of Mike’s vblogs no, I love that, maybe he and I will to - maybe in upcoming shows! They are all available for everyone to review free on Cowlazars channel, lots of great nuggets of information! Enjoy!
      Forrest seems to be referencing a Furo which is Ofuro or Oforo a Japanese tub from as early as 1400's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furo

" Furo are part of the Japanese ritual of bathing, not meant for washing but rather for relaxing and warming oneself. "

A Furo is for a comforting warm water bath not for washing.

Here is a modern 36" long Oforo.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/151222499966820153/

http://minimotives.com/2015/02/03/time-come-renovation/

Click image for larger version

Name:	b6dc447bca7286458231d67b49f2799c-300x300.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	103324

Comment

Originally posted by Ninety View Post
        IMO the 36 inches is another reference to the flag in that chapter. 36 inches is the standard flag width 3 feet.
        I suspect that there are a lot of examples of "standard flag width", and that info seems too specific to be intended as a hint-like connection to the chapter about tea with Olga. But I also believe
        that there is a hint (kinda relating to an idea of patriotism, in a distant way) in that chapter. The word "yard" came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
          I suspect that there are a lot of examples of "standard flag width", and that info seems too specific to be intended as a hint-like connection to the chapter about tea with Olga. But I also believe
          that there is a hint (kinda relating to an idea of patriotism, in a distant way) in that chapter. The word "yard" came to mind.
          I think with Red Black Green in order, the Oreo cookies (Fenn learning curve) and 36 inches, Forrest is definitely leading us to the Pan African- Liberation flag - struggle for FREEDOM and identity. Which adds weight that one of the themes in TTOTC is Freedom. Super important! Also with him tipping Olgas ashes out of the WINDOW another recurring theme in TTOTC pointing to the BIG picture.

Comment

well, I believe that tea with olga is very similar to a book -cider with rosie. - and if you look at cockney slang..( rooster?) Yes, i investigated that rabbit hole.. not much there.. except I found cider with rosie... lol..
            tea in cockney slang means rosie just saying... the stories are very similar... boy telling his boyhood stories... and the water in first chapter is a pump ... and describes washing machine and dishes etc... I think we are reading too much into olga and tea.... perhaps make it simple...
            Interesting find.. is alone.. had meaning of jack... tod sloan... ... cockney slang... interesting... I initially thought.. well ok, he wrote the poem in cockney slang.. which means you rhyme... and replace the last word... but after investigation.. didn't work out totally... rabbit alert.

and the size of the tub doesn't matter... he is just stating a human could sit in it... find a place he could sit..
            Last edited by lookingbutnada; 06-09-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X