No announcement yet.

Admin requests.......... pretty please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin requests.......... pretty please!

I have a couple of requests, indulge me..... (see what I did there)?

1. Please hit “Like” on any original post that comes up if you really like it moving forward. Cowlazars you tube will feature one thread a week on our channel to discuss. There are some really good ones. But each week, we have over 100 on average new threads, so I will try to review them all, but the ones with the high number of LIKES in the OP I will keep an extra eye on. Just trying to keep the channel and shows fresh and with good content, so we are going to try something new!

2. There has been a huge increase of flags and irritation between some of you great members. I am reviewing and making calls, but I would ask everyone to take a deep breathe (including myself) and maybe we all hit the restart button on the snarky comments. Especially if you know you don’t particularly like one user, stay clear of the threads. I will say I probably posted one too many times about last weeks show and someone jumped in and nicely reminded me of that, and I think them. I hit my own restart button, with the help of my friends here.

3. There has been some complaints about some posting in excess and also getting threads off topic. I would encourage you, if you like to post (nothing wrong with that, I like to talk!) start a thread that is one place for all your thoughts. One of the best examples is Roll Tide’s RANDOM THOUGHTS post. It started out a a place for RT’s thoughts, but has now become one of the great threads with a HUGE archive of his thoughts and other’s contributions. I think RT is one to watch, so it is pretty cool on how his thread has developed. I will say, there has been some who have tried to derail his thread, and I will go in and stop others form doing that (contribution is OK, but not derailing his thread when he is in his own sandbox). So try it so I don’t have to talk to anybody about spamming. I will if I need to, but trying not to, if possible.

Anything else, hit me up, we are kind of getting hit with a bunch of new peeps, so welcome them and have a good time this search season!
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Originally posted by kpro View Post
    I have a couple of requests, indulge me..... (see what I did there)?

1. Please hit “Like” on any original post that comes up if you really like it moving forward. Cowlazars you tube will feature one thread a week on our channel to discuss. There are some really good ones. But each week, we have over 100 on average new threads, so I will try to review them all, but the ones with the high number of LIKES in the OP I will keep an extra eye on. Just trying to keep the channel and shows fresh and with good content, so we are going to try something new!

2. There has been a huge increase of flags and irritation between some of you great members. I am reviewing and making calls, but I would ask everyone to take a deep breathe (including myself) and maybe we all hit the restart button on the snarky comments. Especially if you know you don’t particularly like one user, stay clear of the threads. I will say I probably posted one too many times about last weeks show and someone jumped in and nicely reminded me of that, and I think them. I hit my own restart button, with the help of my friends here.

3. There has been some complaints about some posting in excess and also getting threads off topic. I would encourage you, if you like to post (nothing wrong with that, I like to talk!) start a thread that is one place for all your thoughts. One of the best examples is Roll Tide’s RANDOM THOUGHTS post. It started out a a place for RT’s thoughts, but has now become one of the great threads with a HUGE archive of his thoughts and other’s contributions. I think RT is one to watch, so it is pretty cool on how his thread has developed. I will say, there has been some who have tried to derail his thread, and I will go in and stop others form doing that (contribution is OK, but not derailing his thread when he is in his own sandbox). So try it so I don’t have to talk to anybody about spamming. I will if I need to, but trying not to, if possible.

Anything else, hit me up, we are kind of getting hit with a bunch of new peeps, so welcome them and have a good time this search season!
    Hi, Kpro.

I have a thought...I'd like to port all my posts into a thread of my own - maybe I'll call it "Orion's View"...Is there a way to search my posts and move them to a new thread? In moving them, could each post reference/link back to it's original thread? Would also like to sort them by original thread as/if possible.

In the meantime, I know you've been busy, but I had asked about having the ability to access all our posts...have you had a chance to look into that?

Thank you,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Yeah let's evolve. Sounds good, and easier to navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Hi, Kpro.

I have a thought...I'd like to port all my posts into a thread of my own - maybe I'll call it "Orion's View"...Is there a way to search my posts and move them to a new thread? In moving them, could each post reference/link back to it's original thread? Would also like to sort them by original thread as/if possible.

In the meantime, I know you've been busy, but I had asked about having the ability to access all our posts...have you had a chance to look into that?

Thank you,

Orion the Hunter
        Access all of our post??? Remind me???
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Access all of our post??? Remind me???
          Yes. I'm wondering if your technical people could run a query and pull all of my posts...if not the posts themselves (due to potential truncation and loss of text/content) maybe something like a table, as follows:
          Poster Original Poster Thread Title Date Thread Started Date Poster Posted Link to Post
          Orion the Hunter KPro Admin Requests.....Pretty Please! 6/6/2019, 6:05 PM 6/6/2019, 6:35 PM #2
          This data in a .csv or Excel file would be great. Another consideration: would posts to threads that have been deleted be retrievable?

Thank you,

O.

Comment

Yes. I'm wondering if your technical people could run a query and pull all of my posts...if not the posts themselves (due to potential truncation and loss of text/content) maybe something like a table, as follows:
            Poster Original Poster Thread Title Date Thread Started Date Poster Posted Link to Post
            Orion the Hunter KPro Admin Requests.....Pretty Please! 6/6/2019, 6:05 PM 6/6/2019, 6:35 PM #2
            This data in a .csv or Excel file would be great. Another consideration: would posts to threads that have been deleted be retrievable?

Thank you,

O.
            I will see what I can find out!

Comment

I will see what I can find out!
              Thank you!

Peace,

O.

Comment

would posts to threads that have been deleted be retrievable?
                That's an issue I deal with at times. I go back through some of my posts and click on other posts that I have linked to in my comment, and it takes me to the home page because the thread has been deleted.
                Another good reason to keep all of your best thoughts in a thread of your own.
                Some have and will take issue with you doing that when you go to your own thread to comment about something in another thread.
                But, how else do you get around it ?
                It gets frustrating when you quote something or someone, and you go back later and the material has been deleted.

Pickett & SkyDog
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8Q2PATVyI

Comment

There was a short-lived blog post new thread - the Solve that was solved. It appeared to be a threat to someone and then was 'conveniently' deleted. Such behavior and abilities allows individuals to post threats they know someone will receive and then erase or hide the threat. You might want to look into that. If you can even see that original thread, you will see what I mean. Anyway, it will be taken care of by third-party legal action when I am good and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                    There was a short-lived blog post new thread - the Solve that was solved. It appeared to be a threat to someone and then was 'conveniently' deleted. Such behavior and abilities allows individuals to post threats they know someone will receive and then erase or hide the threat. You might want to look into that. If you can even see that original thread, you will see what I mean. Anyway, it will be taken care of by third-party legal action when I am good and ready.
                    PM me, I can see the deleted ones and only look into it when flagged.

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                      Also, due to profanity, I deleted it, but if there were threats, I did not know about them, but will take care of it. PM me details. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X