Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claydog65
    replied
    Mr. Coinaster, Here is my adventure following your "solve", hope you enjoy!
    I hope you are okay, physically and mentally! I just went on a scouting vacation that my wife sent me on for our 30th wedding anniversary. I had not been anywhere in years, it was a special treat. I flew out of NC, to Albuerque airport this past weekend. I had no other agenda than to hike, and to enjoy the scenery. I had followed many "solves" online over these past few months, and felt yours was the most convincing. (Mostly, because as I understand it, Mr. Fenn did not mention any other state for about three years (until his book came out with the map") As Mr. Fenn stated before the book, was that the treasure was hidden "north of Santa Fe" I felt that most searchers, including myself, had assumed it must be New Mexico! So, here I was with the opportunity to have a BOTG experience while getting a much needed hike and mental "get away" gift from my wife. I'm a clay artist and potter, whom was overwhelmed with all the beauty around me. (Before I left, I concluded I would follow your "solve"). I am a brain injury survivor from 2001, and have empathy for your struggle with your physical impediments. I am a Christian, and decided in my heart, that If I miraculously find the treasure, I would split the contents with you! Knowing that this all may be foolhardy, I expected nothing more than a beautiful adventure to refresh my soul. I've been a "thrill of any chase" since my childhood looking for arrowheads, pottery shards, and old bottles.
    Before my trip, I tried to find your contact information to ask you a few questions, but I was unable to (except to contact the "admin" team for this site), I was out of time to reach you before I had to leave on my trip. I started my hike out of Ojo Caliente Sunday morning. I "put- in" at the dry riverbed below Posi Ouingo, I climbed to the top, and spent over 3 hours up there and brought my lunch along. I found several rock carnes, and a snake pet-ro-glyph. I even took my binoculars to scan the rock fields. I looked under and over every rock and crevice up there. A bronze box up there would be hard to spot with the same color rocks everywhere.! I then back-tracked the whole peak, no treasure! I will be vacationing with my wife in the coming weeks. Can you suggest additional areas to explore? Do you think "down the Canyon" might mean to follow the river, and not the pipe stem ridge? Thank you, and thank you for a great hike! www.davidcolepottery.com

As I have gone in there alone and with my treasure solve.... I have failed to find the treasure chest... As many of you know, I often state that "I AM THE LEAD HUNTER" So this is it.... I need your help... In so doing I am willing to post my fabulous solve for all to seek... You all are being made my search partners

Leave a comment:

• HelenKane
    replied
    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Hello HelenKane,
    You have been out of the picture for a while.... Welcome back and thanks for the kind words!... I hope your move to California went well.... Just curious.... did any THOR member help you with your Go Fund Me Account? I wanted to and have felt so guilty for not contributing... I left out one major discovery from my findings at Ojo, but your reappearance gives me cause to post it in a few days..... A 3rd Marvel Gaze and one you can only discover from inside the Pueblo ruin! I have mentioned it to you before in a PM...
    No one did, but that's about what I expected from here seeing as I didn't have a coins, maps, or schwag to offer in exchange! I'll be sure and repay all the generous souls on here after I find the treasure! LOL!! Anyway, the rough patch has passed now, could've used some help back in the early part of the year, but no need to feel guilty about anything!! Just been super busy trying to get set up all the way across the country. I'll be going on a search of my solve area in a few weeks though!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by HelenKane View Post
    Well you cetcertai put a lot of work and thought into your solve. Very interesting and although others have had solves for that area before, yours is different. My personal opinion on it is that you have some good things going here and some fascinating connections made, but I think you may have gotten a little too creative to the point of it being difficult for others to understand where you're coming from. I think this one is worth looking into for sure!
    Hello HelenKane,
    You have been out of the picture for a while.... Welcome back and thanks for the kind words!... I hope your move to California went well.... Just curious.... did any THOR member help you with your Go Fund Me Account? I wanted to and have felt so guilty for not contributing... I left out one major discovery from my findings at Ojo, but your reappearance gives me cause to post it in a few days..... A 3rd Marvel Gaze and one you can only discover from inside the Pueblo ruin! I have mentioned it to you before in a PM...

Leave a comment:

• HelenKane
    replied
    Well you cetcertai put a lot of work and thought into your solve. Very interesting and although others have had solves for that area before, yours is different. My personal opinion on it is that you have some good things going here and some fascinating connections made, but I think you may have gotten a little too creative to the point of it being difficult for others to understand where you're coming from. I think this one is worth looking into for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
    Yes, this is the correct solve. Thanks for sharing.

Now go get it!

The rest of your life that is. Call it a day. You won't get a better solve.

(worked for me)
    Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
    I do enjoy a fine solve.
    Thank you ,,,, I am glad you enjoyed it.....

Leave a comment:

• BiggishShoes
    replied
    Yes, this is the correct solve. Thanks for sharing.

Now go get it!

The rest of your life that is. Call it a day. You won't get a better solve.

(worked for me)

Leave a comment:

• Wraith14u
    replied
    I do enjoy a fine solve.

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post

So the entire 3rd stanza is a throw away? You don't think there is a single clue in the 3rd stanza?
    No you are right.... I left out the end is ever drawing nigh 10 clues
    Or I combine 8 and 9.....

I never have tried to look at solving 9 clues.... I concentrated on solving the poem and finding map points and I had never attempted to list 9 clues until today
    Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anon Anon
    replied
    Nine Clues In Order according to my solve
    1. Begin it where warm waters halt
    2. And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk
    3. Put in below the home of Brown
    4. If you have been wise and have found the blaze, Look quickly down
    5. But tarry scant with marvel gaze
    6. go in peace
    7. I’ve done it tired
    8. hear me all and listen
    9. good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- ---- ----- to the gold
    So the entire 3rd stanza is a throw away? You don't think there is a single clue in the 3rd stanza?

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Nine Clues In Order according to my solve
    1. Begin it where warm waters halt
    2. And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk
    3. Put in below the home of Brown
    4. If you have been wise and have found the blaze, Look quickly down
    5. But tarry scant with marvel gaze
    6. go in peace
    7. I’ve done it tired
    8. hear me all and listen
    9. good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- ---- ----- to the gold
    Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fogel
    replied

Well Dan I wish you luck with that approach! Is it Dan Fogel or Dan Fogelberg?
    Neither, not a Dan - just a little bird

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Fogel View Post
    Maps, marrying clues, crossing lines on maps, etc. is too complicated for the simple minded. The only lines that cross for me are the ones physically at the spot.
    Well Dan I wish you luck with that approach! Is it Dan Fogel or Dan Fogelberg?

Leave a comment:

• Fogel
    replied
    Maps, marrying clues, crossing lines on maps, etc. is too complicated for the simple minded. The only lines that cross for me are the ones physically at the spot.

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Fogel View Post

Different people need different amounts of time. Just because you are valedictorian does not mean we all have to be. I take more time than most and so for me what appears easy to others is difficult to me.
    Point well taken, Sorry if is sound egotistical... After all... I claimed to be the Lead Hunter!
    My solve is not complicated.... I interpret the clues and marry them to a map.... I cross lines using those map points where magically all lines cross at the same point. That is the central focal point used to draw circles creating a wheel and then I have located the logical place by analysis of other clues and hints.... Isn't that what we are trying to do?
    Last edited by Coinaster; 06-11-2019, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X