Leave a comment:

• Claydog65
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Zapster
    replied
    Originally posted by Claydog65 View Post
    Just too many unanswered questions? I have read in many other persons discussions such as the following: one person said Forrest talked of a place where his family would stash their gear until their next trip, early years of his life with his family, I would assume would be in another state? I have read where Forrest used a rental car to get to his secret hiding place? He would not do that if his hide was just an hour from Santa Fe would he?, also he has said he thinks his box would be wet, snow, mist from water fall, etc? Nothing above Ojo seems to be constantly wet up there. My take on Fenn's life focuses on his love for fly fishing, how streams of cold water are best for fly fishing, home of Brown seems to me, would be up stream to spawning grounds. I found a stick figure "dancing Fenn" on a satelite image about 40 miles from Ojo, drove straight there, found nothing. starting to think my quest is folly on my part, without having more research, time, and funds to keep me going. My wife deserves a better life, than to watch me dwindle our savings and time. Thank you for your advise, may God give you peace and His assurance during your struggling with your health issues. I hope you have a great week ahead!
    David C.
    Hi David: a casual reader of the blogs could come to many of the mistaken conclusions you've mentioned above. Digging for the truth can be a significant undertaking. Cheat sheets can help (e.g. Dal's), and one should at least raise an eyebrow on any claim that doesn't appear on one of these vetted lists.

I'll answer a few of your point above:
    1. Gear-stashing. This was done near Yellowstone. To my knowledge, no one knows exactly where.
    2. There is zero evidence Forrest used a rental car to stash Indulgence. He has expressed hypothetical fears of searchers digging up rental car records if they knew when he hid the chest, but that's far from an admission he used one. (Personally I think he did.)
    3. He has stated on more than one occasion that he knows the chest is wet. This still has many interpretations and may be less revealing than it sounds.

Good luck in the Thrill!

Leave a comment:

• Claydog65
    replied
    Just too many unanswered questions? I have read in many other persons discussions such as the following: one person said Forrest talked of a place where his family would stash their gear until their next trip, early years of his life with his family, I would assume would be in another state? I have read where Forrest used a rental car to get to his secret hiding place? He would not do that if his hide was just an hour from Santa Fe would he?, also he has said he thinks his box would be wet, snow, mist from water fall, etc? Nothing above Ojo seems to be constantly wet up there. My take on Fenn's life focuses on his love for fly fishing, how streams of cold water are best for fly fishing, home of Brown seems to me, would be up stream to spawning grounds. I found a stick figure "dancing Fenn" on a satelite image about 40 miles from Ojo, drove straight there, found nothing. starting to think my quest is folly on my part, without having more research, time, and funds to keep me going. My wife deserves a better life, than to watch me dwindle our savings and time. Thank you for your advise, may God give you peace and His assurance during your struggling with your health issues. I hope you have a great week ahead!
    David C.

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Claydog65 View Post
    I will be vacationing with my wife in the coming weeks. Can you suggest additional areas to explore? Do you think "down the Canyon" might mean to follow the river, and not the pipe stem ridge? Thank you, and thank you for a great hike! www.davidcolepottery.com
    Claydog65,
    I just thought of another spot.... The dry creek-bed that is between the Posi and the pipe stem separates two plateaus so to speak.... the pipe jets up from west/south plateau... As you follow the creek while remaining on top of the west hill, but below the pipe, you will find a large Kiva which is a part of the Posi ruins but away from the main living quarters with the dry creek between and it lies to the south. When I was there I noticed that the sand inside the Kiva had recently settled which suggests recent digging. But, that puts one in a quandary! Can you use a metal detector above if you don't disturb the area? and second if you found something... What legal steps must you embark upon to excavate any findings on these protected Indian lands! Because of this, I have never really considered it as a possibility.... I guess that I am not brave enough.... Even so... that would definitely answer "put in below the home of Brown." You can see it on google earth.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Kiva.PNG
Views:	418
Size:	902.0 KB
ID:	118039
    Last edited by Coinaster; 09-25-2019, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Ross
    replied
    Thanks for taking the time to write this all out so you could share it. Your approach is different from mine but I can really appreciate all the thought that went into this solution theory. I always learn some new things reading other people’s solutions. Your story certainly gave me a lot to consider.

Leave a comment:

• thehomeofBrown.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

I could explain it to a child so that they would understand it, but I seriously doubt that they would be interested enough to fully comprehend. You surely aren't suggesting that the winning solve is something so simple that a child could solve it! After all, the "Little Girl from India" can only solve the first 2 clues...
    I wouldn't presume to suggest anything, but Forrest said of the winning searcher that they would think "why didn't I think of that?" alluding to the idea that the correct solve is rather simple in concept.

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Countryboy

Coinaster, it is self evident you studied and presented an in depth solve. Maybe a little too deep. Do you believe a child would understand your solve?

Regards
    I could explain it to a child so that they would understand it, but I seriously doubt that they would be interested enough to fully comprehend. You surely aren't suggesting that the winning solve is something so simple that a child could solve it! After all, the "Little Girl from India" can only solve the first 2 clues...

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Thanks Claydog65...

There is one thing about the solve that I have disclosed only on other threads and I doubt it rang a bell with anyone.... That is... if you climb up and enter the Posi before sunlight in the summer months... when the sun appears over the horizon... a reflection of bright sunlight beams off of the ridge making up the peace pipe.... Light reflects off of what I believe to be a vein of shinny quartz crystal for a short period of time.... This I feel is the final blaze which answers tarry scant with marvel gaze! But the last 6 times that I went... 4 were cloudy and 2 were early spring... and I did not duplicate what had seen in early August 2018.... It might be too late until next year to see it again.... Another thought is that the big picture must be considered.... The ever drawing of Fenn and the clue "hear me all and listen good" might just mean that you have to get to ff's mouth... to do so would require driving off road (brave) from La Madera (wood) from the north to reach this spot....

I'm curious... where was the snake petroglyph!

Leave a comment:

• Claydog65
    replied
    Mr. Coinaster, Here is my adventure following your "solve", hope you enjoy!
    I hope you are okay, physically and mentally! I just went on a scouting vacation that my wife sent me on for our 30th wedding anniversary. I had not been anywhere in years, it was a special treat. I flew out of NC, to Albuerque airport this past weekend. I had no other agenda than to hike, and to enjoy the scenery. I had followed many "solves" online over these past few months, and felt yours was the most convincing. (Mostly, because as I understand it, Mr. Fenn did not mention any other state for about three years (until his book came out with the map") As Mr. Fenn stated before the book, was that the treasure was hidden "north of Santa Fe" I felt that most searchers, including myself, had assumed it must be New Mexico! So, here I was with the opportunity to have a BOTG experience while getting a much needed hike and mental "get away" gift from my wife. I'm a clay artist and potter, whom was overwhelmed with all the beauty around me. (Before I left, I concluded I would follow your "solve"). I am a brain injury survivor from 2001, and have empathy for your struggle with your physical impediments. I am a Christian, and decided in my heart, that If I miraculously find the treasure, I would split the contents with you! Knowing that this all may be foolhardy, I expected nothing more than a beautiful adventure to refresh my soul. I've been a "thrill of any chase" since my childhood looking for arrowheads, pottery shards, and old bottles.
    Before my trip, I tried to find your contact information to ask you a few questions, but I was unable to (except to contact the "admin" team for this site), I was out of time to reach you before I had to leave on my trip. I started my hike out of Ojo Caliente Sunday morning. I "put- in" at the dry riverbed below Posi Ouingo, I climbed to the top, and spent over 3 hours up there and brought my lunch along. I found several rock carnes, and a snake pet-ro-glyph. I even took my binoculars to scan the rock fields. I looked under and over every rock and crevice up there. A bronze box up there would be hard to spot with the same color rocks everywhere.! I then back-tracked the whole peak, no treasure! I will be vacationing with my wife in the coming weeks. Can you suggest additional areas to explore? Do you think "down the Canyon" might mean to follow the river, and not the pipe stem ridge? Thank you, and thank you for a great hike! www.davidcolepottery.com

As I have gone in there alone and with my treasure solve.... I have failed to find the treasure chest... As many of you know, I often state that "I AM THE LEAD HUNTER" So this is it.... I need your help... In so doing I am willing to post my fabulous solve for all to seek... You all are being made my search partners

Leave a comment:

• HelenKane
    replied
    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Hello HelenKane,
    You have been out of the picture for a while.... Welcome back and thanks for the kind words!... I hope your move to California went well.... Just curious.... did any THOR member help you with your Go Fund Me Account? I wanted to and have felt so guilty for not contributing... I left out one major discovery from my findings at Ojo, but your reappearance gives me cause to post it in a few days..... A 3rd Marvel Gaze and one you can only discover from inside the Pueblo ruin! I have mentioned it to you before in a PM...
    No one did, but that's about what I expected from here seeing as I didn't have a coins, maps, or schwag to offer in exchange! I'll be sure and repay all the generous souls on here after I find the treasure! LOL!! Anyway, the rough patch has passed now, could've used some help back in the early part of the year, but no need to feel guilty about anything!! Just been super busy trying to get set up all the way across the country. I'll be going on a search of my solve area in a few weeks though!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by HelenKane View Post
    Well you cetcertai put a lot of work and thought into your solve. Very interesting and although others have had solves for that area before, yours is different. My personal opinion on it is that you have some good things going here and some fascinating connections made, but I think you may have gotten a little too creative to the point of it being difficult for others to understand where you're coming from. I think this one is worth looking into for sure!
    Hello HelenKane,
    You have been out of the picture for a while.... Welcome back and thanks for the kind words!... I hope your move to California went well.... Just curious.... did any THOR member help you with your Go Fund Me Account? I wanted to and have felt so guilty for not contributing... I left out one major discovery from my findings at Ojo, but your reappearance gives me cause to post it in a few days..... A 3rd Marvel Gaze and one you can only discover from inside the Pueblo ruin! I have mentioned it to you before in a PM...

Leave a comment:

• HelenKane
    replied
    Well you cetcertai put a lot of work and thought into your solve. Very interesting and although others have had solves for that area before, yours is different. My personal opinion on it is that you have some good things going here and some fascinating connections made, but I think you may have gotten a little too creative to the point of it being difficult for others to understand where you're coming from. I think this one is worth looking into for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by BiggishShoes
    Yes, this is the correct solve. Thanks for sharing.

Now go get it!

The rest of your life that is. Call it a day. You won't get a better solve.

(worked for me)
    Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• Coinaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
    I do enjoy a fine solve.
    Thank you ,,,, I am glad you enjoyed it.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X