• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
    Nope
    YEP!

Comment

I said it's too complicated not uncomplicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fogel View Post
        I said it's too complicated not uncomplicated.
        Ok,
        I first started this solve on July 29, 2018 and completed it in less than 10 months..... Others have spent 9 years on their solves! What is complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Ok,
          I first started this solve on July 29, 2018 and completed it in less than 10 months..... Others have spent 9 years on their solves! What is complicated?
          Different people need different amounts of time. Just because you are valedictorian does not mean we all have to be. I take more time than most and so for me what appears easy to others is difficult to me.

Comment

Different people need different amounts of time. Just because you are valedictorian does not mean we all have to be. I take more time than most and so for me what appears easy to others is difficult to me.
            Point well taken, Sorry if is sound egotistical... After all... I claimed to be the Lead Hunter!
            My solve is not complicated.... I interpret the clues and marry them to a map.... I cross lines using those map points where magically all lines cross at the same point. That is the central focal point used to draw circles creating a wheel and then I have located the logical place by analysis of other clues and hints.... Isn't that what we are trying to do?
            Last edited by Coinaster; 06-11-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Maps, marrying clues, crossing lines on maps, etc. is too complicated for the simple minded. The only lines that cross for me are the ones physically at the spot.

Comment

Maps, marrying clues, crossing lines on maps, etc. is too complicated for the simple minded. The only lines that cross for me are the ones physically at the spot.
                Well Dan I wish you luck with that approach! Is it Dan Fogel or Dan Fogelberg?

Comment

Well Dan I wish you luck with that approach! Is it Dan Fogel or Dan Fogelberg?
                  Neither, not a Dan - just a little bird

Comment

Nine Clues In Order according to my solve
                    1. Begin it where warm waters halt
                    2. And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk
                    3. Put in below the home of Brown
                    4. If you have been wise and have found the blaze, Look quickly down
                    5. But tarry scant with marvel gaze
                    6. go in peace
                    7. I’ve done it tired
                    8. hear me all and listen
                    9. good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- ---- ----- to the gold
                    Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Nine Clues In Order according to my solve
                      1. Begin it where warm waters halt
                      2. And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk
                      3. Put in below the home of Brown
                      4. If you have been wise and have found the blaze, Look quickly down
                      5. But tarry scant with marvel gaze
                      6. go in peace
                      7. I’ve done it tired
                      8. hear me all and listen
                      9. good ---- effort will be worth the cold -- --- --- ---- and in the wood - ---- ---- ----- to the gold
                      So the entire 3rd stanza is a throw away? You don't think there is a single clue in the 3rd stanza?

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post

So the entire 3rd stanza is a throw away? You don't think there is a single clue in the 3rd stanza?
                        No you are right.... I left out the end is ever drawing nigh 10 clues
                        Or I combine 8 and 9.....

I never have tried to look at solving 9 clues.... I concentrated on solving the poem and finding map points and I had never attempted to list 9 clues until today
                        Last edited by Coinaster; 06-12-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I do enjoy a fine solve.
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                            I do enjoy a fine solve.
                            Thank you ,,,, I am glad you enjoyed it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes
                              Yes, this is the correct solve. Thanks for sharing.

Now go get it!

The rest of your life that is. Call it a day. You won't get a better solve.

(worked for me)
                              Absolutely!

Comment

Well you cetcertai put a lot of work and thought into your solve. Very interesting and although others have had solves for that area before, yours is different. My personal opinion on it is that you have some good things going here and some fascinating connections made, but I think you may have gotten a little too creative to the point of it being difficult for others to understand where you're coming from. I think this one is worth looking into for sure!
                                "It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
                                And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that
                                I'm not here" -Syd Barrett

Comment

Working...
                                X