Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bubba The Love Squirrel;n101988]
    Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I made an assumption there. It is crazy what we stumble on via youtube.
    I'm gonna watch Johnny play a little bit.

Comment

[QUOTE=TreasureCodex;n101992]
      Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post

I'm gonna watch Johnny play a little bit.

That's gangster right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

He never said they ate the animal they killed, only that he ate porcupine
        Now that I’m thinking about it, he never even said he ate porcupine either! He just said it tastes like kerosene, that doesn’t mean he ate it. People tell me that rattlesnake tastes like chicken, if my kids asked me tmrw what rattle snake taste like, I’m more likely than not going to tell them it tastes like chicken. They didn’t ask if I’d ever tried it, nor did I go out of my way to let that be known. Just sayin!

sometimes in TTOTC it’s not what he says that matters, it’s what is unsaid that matters. And there is a handful of places in the book that can prove my point.

Comment

If you don't believe that Forrest and Donnie killed and ate a porcupine after reading that story, you are only denying yourself. Live a little, and let yourself enjoy it!

​(Personally, if you think they killed and ate something else, I think you could be letting your imagination carry you off.)

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post
            If you don't believe that Forrest and Donnie killed and ate a porcupine after reading that story, you are only denying yourself. Live a little, and let yourself enjoy it!

​(Personally, if you think they killed and ate something else, I think you could be letting your imagination carry you off.)
            I’m not saying they “didn’t” eat porcupine, I’m saying Forrest never said he ate porcupine. He just said porcupine meat tastes like kerosene, that doesn’t mean he ate it though is my point. And you said don’t let my imagination carry me away? LOL Forrest has also said imagination is more important than knowlege, so maybe if more people used their imaginations like me, maybe the chest would have been found by now, just sayin!

Comment

I’m not saying they “didn’t” eat porcupine, I’m saying Forrest never said he ate porcupine. He just said porcupine meat tastes like kerosene, that doesn’t mean he ate it though is my point. And you said don’t let my imagination carry me away? LOL Forrest has also said imagination is more important than knowlege, so maybe if more people used their imaginations like me, maybe the chest would have been found by now, just sayin!
              Ok well we are disagreeing, sort of. Its all good. But just try meet me in the middle, when I say, he didn't talk about eating anything else there, he did say he promised not to talk about what they DID eat, and so perhaps Forrest is using a little wiggle room by writing about it...

(Did you not enjoy the, at least potential, irony, of him having promised not to talk about it, and writing about it instead? And how would he know what porcupine tastes like if they didn't eat it?)

Comment

Ok well we are disagreeing, sort of. Its all good. But just try meet me in the middle, when I say, he didn't talk about eating anything else there, he did say he promised not to talk about what they DID eat, and so perhaps Forrest is using a little wiggle room by writing about it...

(Did you not enjoy the, at least potential, irony, of him having promised not to talk about it, and writing about it instead? And how would he know what porcupine tastes like if they didn't eat it?)
                The irony is he never said they ate anything else either. He said they KILLED an animal but they promised not to talk about it. He never said that they ate that animal. What I’m saying is, that animal was Hitler. Which is funny, come to think about it, because the poison Hitler used in the extermination camps is what they use in the same poison used to kill rodents, which is what Hitler called the Jews when speaking on their behalf. You’ll learn some crazy shit on the Joe Rogan show lol, but learn a lot you will!

Comment

I do see the irony in which you speak though! I like that, that’s the kind of thinking I believe is needed to crack the poem. And thinking like that? You may be right! Buuuuut I believe I’m a head of most people, as most people like to think lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Bubba The Love Squirrel;n101994]
                    Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

That's gangster right there!
                    one arm bandit. smh
                    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Forrest didn't just taste the porcupine, I'm pretty sure he ate it. There was a follow up question that Forrest answered more recently about the taste of porcupine (porky tastes like what he eats) and saying if he was starving and porcupine was all there was to eat, he'd have to think about it (not an exact quote, but you can Tarryscant it).

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                        Forrest's story about their trip in TTOTC always had me thinking the may have eaten crow.
                        My working theory has been they ate crow.
                        Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

Comment

ouch! https://youtu.be/LPIWjmkFKcA
                          Last edited by Wraith14u; 06-04-2019, 08:45 PM.
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

My working theory has been they ate crow.
                            I know that I don't know squat, but I just assumed that he was making an inside joke that none of us would get. But you know what they say about assumptions...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post
                              Did Forrest eat a Horse? Is that the animal they shot and swore never to speak of again? Thoughts?
                              What the....

Comment

I know that I don't know squat, but I just assumed that he was making an inside joke that none of us would get. But you know what they say about assumptions...

lowkey yup to the inside joke; at least that’s how I see it
                                Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

Comment

Working...
                                X