Horse Meat? Serious question here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow

I’m not saying they “didn’t” eat porcupine, I’m saying Forrest never said he ate porcupine. He just said porcupine meat tastes like kerosene, that doesn’t mean he ate it though is my point. And you said don’t let my imagination carry me away? LOL Forrest has also said imagination is more important than knowlege, so maybe if more people used their imaginations like me, maybe the chest would have been found by now, just sayin!
    Forrest didn't just taste the porcupine, I'm pretty sure he ate it. There was a follow up question that Forrest answered more recently about the taste of porcupine (porky tastes like what he eats) and saying if he was starving and porcupine was all there was to eat, he'd have to think about it (not an exact quote, but you can Tarryscant it).

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
      Forrest's story about their trip in TTOTC always had me thinking the may have eaten crow.
      My working theory has been they ate crow.
      To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

ouch! https://youtu.be/LPIWjmkFKcA
        Last edited by Wraith14u; 06-04-2019, 08:45 PM.
        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

My working theory has been they ate crow.
          I know that I don't know squat, but I just assumed that he was making an inside joke that none of us would get. But you know what they say about assumptions...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post
            Did Forrest eat a Horse? Is that the animal they shot and swore never to speak of again? Thoughts?
            What the....

Comment

I know that I don't know squat, but I just assumed that he was making an inside joke that none of us would get. But you know what they say about assumptions...

lowkey yup to the inside joke; at least that’s how I see it
              To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

I looked it up, seems no one saw it..
                F

Comment

I think it was a Moose.

Comment

Maybe it’s just bc it’s personal and they agreed it not be mentioned, but being an open book isn’t a bad thing. Mary has it right. So it’s his way of saying sometimes you just do what you do. Not sure it means anything beyond a simple part of life.. I don’t know that what it really was even matters. But I certainly don’t know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                      I think maybe they had a third person along with them, shot and ate him. Probably read about the Donner party and that is where he got the idea.
                      This is all so confusing! Donny, Donner, dinner, donor?? It's probably true, though, that FF didn't get the idea from the song "Timothy", as it hadn't been released yet (to my uncertain gnawledge).

Comment

Belmont Steaks
                        "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Yes Sir
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Working...
                          X