Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse Meat? Serious question here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Horse Meat? Serious question here.

    Did Forrest eat a Horse? Is that the animal they shot and swore never to speak of again? Thoughts?

  • #2
    He says latter that it was a porcupine and that it tasted like kerosene...
    TTOTC in the story Looking for Lewis and Clark he mentions killing an animal that he didn't want to mention and the at the end of the story he does.

    "The next day we rode the mountains, the hills, the valleys, the hollows, the dales and the depressions, looking for something to catch or shoot. There was almost nothing, but we did shoot one animal that I promised not to talk about."

    "A few days later with the luxury of hot chocolate, I made some notes that might be helpful to any future sixteen-year-old geniuses who think looking for Lewis and Clark might be fun:
    Hunger is both unrelenting and unreasonable.
    You can't hide from thunderstorms.
    Porcupine meat tastes like kerosene.
    Coffee made by boiling pine needles can bring on cardiac arrest.
    There’s nothing worse than a wet bedroll on a cold night.
    Mountains can suffer instant personality reversals.
    The older you get the smarter your parents become.
    Movies lie to you."
    Last edited by 1keyword; 06-01-2019, 07:43 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh I see. Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think they ate a horse, because they rode them home. The fact that he mentioned a porcupine should eliminate that option from the possible animal he swore not to talk about.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by L.D. View Post
          I don't think they ate a horse, because they rode them home. The fact that he mentioned a porcupine should eliminate that option from the possible animal he swore not to talk about.
          My way of thinking tells me If Forrest swore not to talk about it, he wouldn't. He would stay tight lipped. Just to pose a question? Is it or would It be possible that Forrest ate the porcupine first? Found that it tasted like kerosene, and resulted to shooting a horse for food? Would you tell the public if you shot a horse for food? That sounds like a secret to me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post
            Did Forrest eat a Horse? Is that the animal they shot and swore never to speak of again? Thoughts?
            That “animal” was Hitler brooooo!

            Swear to bob, I’d put it on my life. And where it happened is why that place is special to him. Laugh if you’d like, you probably won’t be there when the finder has that chest plopped opened as they read his autobiography!

            thats why he said that the finder probably won’t know why that place is special to him. They’ll be more consumed with the treasure (notice how he didn’t say chest?!). Hitlers stash was here in America, somewhere in the Rockies. Thosenpaintings that he sold as “fakes” weren’t fakes at all, they were real! Real painting from the masters that Hitler stole, so he had the whole collection. In TTOTC, he tells you “Elmyr was really careful not to paint already existing painting cause the police would catch him”. He waited for Elmyr to die before he used his name. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but you add the dates up and tell me if things don’t add up! Since they were free , it didn’t matter if he sold them for 4500$ even if they were multi million dollar paintings.

            I wrote him an email about getting a list of the people they sold the 88 “fakes” to cause I was 100% interested in buying ATLEAST one of them, cause if I’m right? It’s like hitting the lottery, especially if the ones he sold were painting Hitler bought and didn’t steal. He actually bought a lot of the paintings that he accumulated.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

              That “animal” was Hitler brooooo!

              Swear to bob, I’d put it on my life. And where it happened is why that place is special to him. Laugh if you’d like, you probably won’t be there when the finder has that chest plopped opened as they read his autobiography!

              thats why he said that the finder probably won’t know why that place is special to him. They’ll be more consumed with the treasure (notice how he didn’t say chest?!). Hitlers stash was here in America, somewhere in the Rockies. Thosenpaintings that he sold as “fakes” weren’t fakes at all, they were real! Real painting from the masters that Hitler stole, so he had the whole collection. In TTOTC, he tells you “Elmyr was really careful not to paint already existing painting cause the police would catch him”. He waited for Elmyr to die before he used his name. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but you add the dates up and tell me if things don’t add up! Since they were free , it didn’t matter if he sold them for 4500$ even if they were multi million dollar paintings.

              I wrote him an email about getting a list of the people they sold the 88 “fakes” to cause I was 100% interested in buying ATLEAST one of them, cause if I’m right? It’s like hitting the lottery, especially if the ones he sold were painting Hitler bought and didn’t steal. He actually bought a lot of the paintings that he accumulated.
              shit post or not.. this is like, the best ever... HA HA HAAAAAAAA thanks for making my day with this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post

                My way of thinking tells me If Forrest swore not to talk about it, he wouldn't. He would stay tight lipped. Just to pose a question? Is it or would It be possible that Forrest ate the porcupine first? Found that it tasted like kerosene, and resulted to shooting a horse for food? Would you tell the public if you shot a horse for food? That sounds like a secret to me.
                Neither a horse nor a porcupine, in my opinion. And I won't talk about it either.

                Peace,

                O.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ORION View Post

                  Neither a horse nor a porcupine, in my opinion. And I won't talk about it either.

                  Peace,

                  O.
                  https://www.quora.com/What-do-eagles-taste-like


                  " They tar and feather the bird first, then they rip out its innards and roast it over a spit. "
                  --------------------------------------------------------

                  " Not sure if I can repeat this well.

                  The Washington Biological Survey initiative tagged many eagles. Skinny legs required, wash-biol-surv, tags.

                  They stopped using these tags (So the saying goes) when a hunter sent in this letter.

                  We caught this bird. Surprised that it came with cooking instructions. We washed it, boiled it and served it.

                  It was the worst thing we ever ate! "
                  Last edited by TreasureCodex; 06-01-2019, 11:48 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                    He says latter that it was a porcupine and that it tasted like kerosene...
                    TTOTC in the story Looking for Lewis and Clark he mentions killing an animal that he didn't want to mention and the at the end of the story he does.

                    "The next day we rode the mountains, the hills, the valleys, the hollows, the dales and the depressions, looking for something to catch or shoot. There was almost nothing, but we did shoot one animal that I promised not to talk about."

                    "A few days later with the luxury of hot chocolate, I made some notes that might be helpful to any future sixteen-year-old geniuses who think looking for Lewis and Clark might be fun:
                    Hunger is both unrelenting and unreasonable.
                    You can't hide from thunderstorms.
                    Porcupine meat tastes like kerosene.
                    Coffee made by boiling pine needles can bring on cardiac arrest.
                    There’s nothing worse than a wet bedroll on a cold night.
                    Mountains can suffer instant personality reversals.
                    The older you get the smarter your parents become.
                    Movies lie to you."
                    Yep, and Forrest wondered why his horse was named Lightning becasuse he was so slow or without much power. It's like when a Hippopotamus is named Bubbles. Did you digitize the book? As far as I know I was the very first one to do so and post about it online.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TreasurePoem.com View Post

                      Yep, and Forrest wondered why his horse was named Lightning becasuse he was so slow or without much power. It's like when a Hippopotamus is named Bubbles. Did you digitize the book? As far as I know I was the very first one to do so and post about it online.
                      It makes a good dictionary when your looking up words in the poem...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        dictionary?
                        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

                          That “animal” was Hitler brooooo!
                          Bold move for a 14-year-old boy!

                          That would make a good story: teenager sneaks into war-ravaged Berlin in April 1945, storms Hitler's bunker single-handed, dodges the aides, dispatches the Fuehrer, and makes it look like suicide. All in a day's work. Hope he had time for a Dr Pepper before making good his escape!

                          At least part of Hitler's private collection was stored in Czechoslovakia during the war. The US army rounded up stolen works and had them returned to their rightful owners (where possible) from a holding center near Munich.

                          (Actually, I wouldn't put this type of exploit past FF in his later years, but I hope that, faced with a similar scenario, he'd intervene a mite sooner!)
                          Last edited by voxpops; 06-02-2019, 05:33 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fenn v Hitler

                            The man said it himself...
                            'Leave my TROLLS for all to seek'
                            19.25 on
                            https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec?t=1165
                            'So hear me all and listen good' *panic* Yurt effort?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                              https://www.quora.com/What-do-eagles-taste-like


                              " They tar and feather the bird first, then they rip out its innards and roast it over a spit. "
                              --------------------------------------------------------

                              " Not sure if I can repeat this well.

                              The Washington Biological Survey initiative tagged many eagles. Skinny legs required, wash-biol-surv, tags.

                              They stopped using these tags (So the saying goes) when a hunter sent in this letter.

                              We caught this bird. Surprised that it came with cooking instructions. We washed it, boiled it and served it.

                              It was the worst thing we ever ate! "
                              Bingo.
                              Pickett & SkyDog
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8Q2PATVyI

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X