Scrapbook 107

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

I am convinced the poem has structure, but that some parts of it have to be "straightened out." There is information shot through the whole poem, but it comes into play at different stages. However, there is also another meaning to the neatly arranged cutlery IMO - maybe it'll still be that way when you unwrap your sandwich. For me, the cap is a specific reference to hoB (it's interesting how prominent the cap is in the most recent "X" photo); the other items are arranged "below" it. The address has significance - don't ignore it. Oh, and you'll need gas.
    Vox,

I agree with the whole “straightening out” theory. I had hosted a YouTube panel last July 5th that discussed the structure of the poem. One in which we discussed Forrest comment:

To answer some questions and save others from being asked I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure although I hid the treasure before the poem was complete (completed).

This leads me to believe that there were some parts of the poem that were completed after the treasure was hidden, namely stanza one due to its past tense nature (as I have gone). As well as the fifth stanza which also implies he has not yet gone to hid the treasure: So why is it that I must go.....

So yes Vox, I wholeheartedly agree with your theory that parts of it need to be “straightened out”. And this maybe precisely why Forrest had said no one has given him the nine clues in the right order during the Lure interview.

And while many seem to shoot down the nine sentences are the nine clues theory based upon him stating the first clue is BIWWWH they simply cannot grasp this “straightening out” theory and that the first stanza could still be a clue just one that may have been written last.

Seannm
    Last edited by Seannm; 06-03-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
      u ce et?
      Puceet is hidden form in reverse for Teecup
      that scrapbook is important to my solve

Comment

interesting story bullet holes and all.
        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Florence's original Italian name is Firenze. That anagrams rather nicely to "fire zen" Just one of those little aberrations.

Comment

If you don't understand the SB 107, you are going to have a difficult time marrying it to a map, and you probably are not in the right general location to begin with. I don't believe it is Florence. I believe the city name on the envelope is actually Dorence. Specifically Dorence Atwater, third child of Henry Atwater and Catherine Fenn Atwater. Along with relevant history in his life story, he had an interesting nickname, that ties in with this SB.

Comment

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
              If you don't understand the SB 107, you are going to have a difficult time marrying it to a map, and you probably are not in the right general location to begin with. I don't believe it is Florence. I believe the city name on the envelope is actually Dorence. Specifically Dorence Atwater, third child of Henry Atwater and Catherine Fenn Atwater. Along with relevant history in his life story, he had an interesting nickname, that ties in with this SB.
              Of course, you might be right - and in fact the story of Dorence Atwater includes Florence, SC. But there is also an interesting "coincidence" that ties this address to a place much closer to the Rockies. But fortunately, there's no need to marry this SB to FF's spot, just the clues in the poem.

Comment

[QUOTE=voxpops;n102838]

Of course, you might be right - and in fact the story of Dorence Atwater includes Florence, SC. But there is also an interesting "coincidence" that ties this address to a place much closer to the Rockies. But fortunately, there's no need to marry this SB to FF's spot, just the clues in the poem.

Voxpro, I wasn't combating your anagram, which I agree is a nice fit. I agree that only the solved clues in the poem "need" to be married to a map. However that fact doesn't negate the ability to marry this SB to a map, if one has worked out the hints correctly.

I only suggest that attempting to link or match this scrapbook to a map without having worked out a majority of it, will not get anyone anywhere near even the general location of the treasure. It doesn't seem to me (as of yet, and IMO) that the people who are attempting to tie it to a map, have worked out enough of it to do so accurately at this stage. As such, I was offering a suggestion regarding one small token of a reasonable deduction regarding the city name on the envelope. If you have it worked out, I believe you will know without a doubt, and understand a majority of that story.
                Last edited by ksfromKS; 06-06-2019, 08:52 AM. Reason: Add thought: I would also add that this SB should help confirm a solve rather than BE a solve.

Comment

Working...
                X