X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 107

Interesting topic by Cynthia:

mm
    If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

She does put thought into it. I would have to disagree with her conclusions as I believe Forrest is not giving out anymore clues. Hints are different than clues. And if you can figure out the writing on the front of letter there is a good hint there. And yes, there is a hint involving the 5 dollar bill also.

Comment

All you need is the poem and a good map.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba The Love Squirrel View Post
        All you need is the poem and a good map.
        You forgot the book bubba? Are you a poem purist?

Comment

Superficially, the whole Scrapbook seems designed to irritate OCD people: tangled phone cord, disordered flatware drawer, cap off the pen, mixed case letters on the envelope address, folded corner on the $5, and askew postage stamp. The Lincoln is folded just at the right spot so the R is cut off the end of "Treasurer," while simultaneously forming a small purple U (rainbow). Treasure at the end of the rainbow. SB107 is one of the most hint-filled SB's.

Comment

u ce et?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
              Superficially, the whole Scrapbook seems designed to irritate OCD people: tangled phone cord, disordered flatware drawer, cap off the pen, mixed case letters on the envelope address, folded corner on the $5, and askew postage stamp. The Lincoln is folded just at the right spot so the R is cut off the end of "Treasurer," while simultaneously forming a small purple U (rainbow). Treasure at the end of the rainbow. SB107 is one of the most hint-filled SB's.
              This is probably the best explanation for that SB that I've read so far.
              I would only change one thing in your comment, and that would be to say " . . .the whole Scrapbook seems designed to highlight OCD people . . ."
              The title says it all : People Just Don't Understand.

People don't understand what ?
              Well, he tells you . . . "With copious people wandering by THAT SPOT you'd think someone would pause and untangle the poor phone cord."

You'd think that with more than several people wandering by that spot, someone would halt and untangle the line of communication.
              untangle . . .
              solve
              unravel
              determine
              find the solution
              figure out
              interpret
              decipher
              comprehend
              get it straightened out
              crack the code
              simplify

The poem is the line of communication.
              It is searchers who have stood there talking and twisting it.
              It gets so twisted, that the message gets distorted.

And Forrest was looking so far ahead, that he failed to see what was right in front of him, the note to get gas.

Yes, the SB has loads of hints in it, and it seems to highlight OCD, which is a mental illness that makes one repeat the same actions, over and over again.

Don't follow the herd.
              Don't repeat the same actions that have been repeated for almost a decade, and expect that somehow, you will achieve different results.
              Take the time to pause, and untangle the phone cord.

I've written quite a bit about this SB.
              It's one of my favorites.
              Contentment is the greatest treasure.
              ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

This SB ties in with the Page 99 picture which FF signed with two X's, IMO. The location is one where we will at last have the opportunity to "see." The stamp reinforces my suspicion that a forceful action will be required at the spot. Once again you may wish to compare with https://www.wherewarmwaters-halt.com/

Comment

All,

I have said this somewhere else before but it begs mention once again. SB 107 in my opinion is hinting at how Forrest likes organization, and maybe, like Forrest, the poem has structure too. I believe this is displayed in his rearrangement of the utensil drawer, and in the image with the letter which shows: a stamp askew, a cap off of its pen, an address not left adjusted and a five dollar bill dog-eared. These are things that may be annoying to a man raised in the military and who likes organization and order, as shown in his annoyance with the twisted phone cord. But in his irritation with the phone cord he failed to notice the message from Peggy to get gas thus running out if it on his way to the DMW. I guess Forrest himself was stomping on the ants while the Elephants ran by.

If you are too tightly focused on the subtleties you may never see the bigger picture.

But I guess some people just don't understand.

Seannm
                  Last edited by Seannm; 06-02-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seannm View Post
                    All,

I have said this somewhere else before but it begs mention once again. SB 107 in my opinion is hinting at how Forrest likes organization, and maybe, like Forrest, the poem has structure too. I believe this is displayed in his rearrangement of the utensil drawer, and in the image with the letter which shows: a stamp askew, a cap off of its pen, an address not left adjusted and a five dollar bill dog-eared. These are things that may be annoying to a man raised in the military and who likes organization and order, as shown in his annoyance with the twisted phone cord. But in his irritation with the phone cord he failed to notice the message from Peggy to get gas thus running out if it on his way to the DMW. I guess Forrest himself was stomping on the ants while the Elephants ran by.

If you are too tightly focused on the subtleties you may never see the bigger picture.

Seannm
                    Hiya Sean,
                    I was actually reading that post earlier today . . . #9
                    Contentment is the greatest treasure.
                    ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

All,

Seannm
                      Wowowo, you can honestly say with a straight face that you don’t believe there are hidden messages intended in the envelope picture, Seannm ?

mm
                      If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 G.N.I.S. potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

Wowowo, you can honestly say with a straight face that you don’t believe there are hidden messages intended in the envelope picture, Seannm ?

mm
                        Minotaur Moreno,

If I was to believe that there was a hidden message within the writing upon the envelope, I would know for certain that whatever it was would be solely based upon my subjective belief and/or desire to believe that it was a hidden message and not any fact that it indeed was beforehand. Any perceived hidden messages, subtle hints or coincidences may only provide one with confidence in their solve, but in my opinion they will never give one confirmation beforehand.

Seannm

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Hiya Sean,
                          I was actually reading that post earlier today . . . #9
                          ROLL TIDE,

Thanks for posting that link. I could not recall when and where I had written that.

Seannm

Comment

All,

Seannm
                            I am convinced the poem has structure, but that some parts of it have to be "straightened out." There is information shot through the whole poem, but it comes into play at different stages. However, there is also another meaning to the neatly arranged cutlery IMO - maybe it'll still be that way when you unwrap your sandwich. For me, the cap is a specific reference to hoB (it's interesting how prominent the cap is in the most recent "X" photo); the other items are arranged "below" it. The address has significance - don't ignore it. Oh, and you'll need gas.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

I am convinced the poem has structure, but that some parts of it have to be "straightened out." There is information shot through the whole poem, but it comes into play at different stages. However, there is also another meaning to the neatly arranged cutlery IMO - maybe it'll still be that way when you unwrap your sandwich. For me, the cap is a specific reference to hoB (it's interesting how prominent the cap is in the most recent "X" photo); the other items are arranged "below" it. The address has significance - don't ignore it. Oh, and you'll need gas.
                              Vox,

I agree with the whole “straightening out” theory. I had hosted a YouTube panel last July 5th that discussed the structure of the poem. One in which we discussed Forrest comment:

To answer some questions and save others from being asked I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure although I hid the treasure before the poem was complete (completed).

This leads me to believe that there were some parts of the poem that were completed after the treasure was hidden, namely stanza one due to its past tense nature (as I have gone). As well as the fifth stanza which also implies he has not yet gone to hid the treasure: So why is it that I must go.....

So yes Vox, I wholeheartedly agree with your theory that parts of it need to be “straightened out”. And this maybe precisely why Forrest had said no one has given him the nine clues in the right order during the Lure interview.

And while many seem to shoot down the nine sentences are the nine clues theory based upon him stating the first clue is BIWWWH they simply cannot grasp this “straightening out” theory and that the first stanza could still be a clue just one that may have been written last.

Seannm
                              Last edited by Seannm; 06-03-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X