Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the "NEXT LEVEL"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

    Take the treasure and leave the chest and tell no one. Then make sure you have a plan before you even let Forrest know. And then of course go public yourself.
    I admit I horse around a lot . TC, I been thinking about this, and that's good advice for some I guess but, I believe one should take "if they can" what they really feel is most important and valuable, for me it seems the chest would be what I choose. The treasures in the chest have I'm sure great stories to tell and I would love to hear them all as well. But if the Chest was left, then no one would not be able to put their own "treasures" inside. Which I believe would do the chest an injustice, don't just leave in out there all alone by its self. Didn't He say the treasure could keep themselves company? or something like that? Maybe I would hide the chest one day, after filling it up with the treasure I have been finding? To me when viewing that chest its telling it's own story, which is a very good one. So, I'm just going to step up some and hang on. Share what can . thanks TC but no thanks
    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

      I admit I horse around a lot . TC, I been thinking about this, and that's good advice for some I guess but, I believe one should take "if they can" what they really feel is most important and valuable, for me it seems the chest would be what I choose. The treasures in the chest have I'm sure great stories to tell and I would love to hear them all as well. But if the Chest was left, then no one would not be able to put their own "treasures" inside. Which I believe would do the chest an injustice, don't just leave in out there all alone by its self. Didn't He say the treasure could keep themselves company? or something like that? Maybe I would hide the chest one day, after filling it up with the treasure I have been finding? To me when viewing that chest its telling it's own story, which is a very good one. So, I'm just going to step up some and hang on. Share what can . thanks TC but no thanks
      My thoughts are "secure" what has most monetary valuable then go back for the chest at a later date. Leaving the chest behind frees the finder of having to tell the chest has been found. The instructions in the poem seem to be to take the chest first. I would rather have 20 pounds of gold plus jewels than a bronze box every day of the week. But you know, to each his own.

      Comment


      • #33
        "secure" now that is the type of place Mr. Fenn would have hid the chest. Not been a lot spoken or posted about Colorado. It knida makes me wonder why? I know if I had the TC and wanted it to say hid for a 1000 years. Colorado might be a area I would consider, lot of good hidey spots there! how about Elbert Mt. ? why not put it up some place high? out of site, out of mind? maybe jimi knows?








        https://youtu.be/hRwSjDcnCmI
        From 9,600 ft up to 14,439 ft and back down. One of the sickest and toughest rides we've done. Getting up to summit is no joke and riding back down is
        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

          I'm not communist minded. Sure you communist thinkers can live well in my united states of independence. But groupthink is not something to be desired.
          https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/groupthink
          Let's be honest about this. People advocating "community" and that it is a "group effort" that will or has led to the finding of the treasure are simply looking to exploit others hard work through hollow words.
          Sure you could say that a forum is a type of community. But I'll tell you I'm not here nor have I ever needed to use other peoples ideas on forums as a way to solve the poem. The "community" just doesn't have what it takes to even come up with one single clue solve. I mean other than me showing how to get to WWWH.
          Call me arrogant if that makes you feel better about being communist.
          OMG, there is so much to say here but I will keep it brief.

          There is no group effort unless you are partnered with someone. The forum is a community, for many, even those that say they are not in the community and arrogant, they are simply a member with a different membership type (in group, outliers, out group, there is many to name, but I will digress). You can google “Communities of practice” for more info on this.
          “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by kpro View Post

            OMG, there is so much to say here but I will keep it brief.

            There is no group effort unless you are partnered with someone. The forum is a community, for many, even those that say they are not in the community and arrogant, they are simply a member with a different membership type (in group, outliers, out group, there is many to name, but I will digress). You can google “Communities of practice” for more info on this.
            I know semantically that community encompasses more than one notion. I was referring to the "communist" mentality that permeates not just the United States Community but the Whole World Community. There is a subset of the United States Community and World Community that are of the Communist Mindset. They are easily discernable in their language. They use the words "we" and "they" in particular manners that are designed to "put people in a box". Religion does the same thing starting with children in order to "stereotype" or should I say "brand" "their" "people". I personally don't like being lumped in with other peoples failures to make them feel better about their failures. This treasure hunt will be won by an independently minded person that it will be obvious they walked to the beat of their own drum and there will be communities of people that will be sorry they could not even hear such drum. BTW, Forrest likes my drum much of the time.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

              I'm not communist minded. Sure you communist thinkers can live well in my united states of independence. But groupthink is not something to be desired.
              https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/groupthink
              Let's be honest about this. People advocating "community" and that it is a "group effort" that will or has led to the finding of the treasure are simply looking to exploit others hard work through hollow words.
              Sure you could say that a forum is a type of community. But I'll tell you I'm not here nor have I ever needed to use other peoples ideas on forums as a way to solve the poem. The "community" just doesn't have what it takes to even come up with one single clue solve. I mean other than me showing how to get to WWWH.
              Call me arrogant if that makes you feel better about being communist.
              Dude(ss), no way you showed how to get to wwwh. You didn't even answer what the new doodle means? Soooo, ima have to disqualify you based on that. I'm fully qualified to disqualify you based solely on your comments, ask anyone.

              Comment


              • #37
                Thanks for bringing up the new doodle. So what does it mean to you? And who wrote it?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

                  Dude(ss), no way you showed how to get to wwwh. You didn't even answer what the new doodle means? Soooo, ima have to disqualify you based on that. I'm fully qualified to disqualify you based solely on your comments, ask anyone.
                  I'll tell you what. Just for you I will show once again where to start. To find where WWWH you start with Continental Divide and then narrow down 3 more times and you will be at exact WWWH. Easy enough ? OK

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                    I'll tell you what. Just for you I will show once again where to start. To find where WWWH you start with Continental Divide and then narrow down 3 more times and you will be at exact WWWH. Easy enough ? OK
                    oh ok, my bad. I thought you were referring to wwwh in f's poem.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                      Thanks for bringing up the new doodle. So what does it mean to you? And who wrote it?
                      I'm hoping that's f's hand next to his signature in the pic I've seen. I think it's a hint about the first clue, I know it's the first clue cuz f said so.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                        Thanks for bringing up the new doodle. So what does it mean to you? And who wrote it?
                        I think he is talking about Forrest's supposed X's

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                          I think he is talking about Forrest's supposed X's

                          not just the x's, there's a line with an arrow, his signature, a big picture if you will. i think it would have had the same meaning if he wrote it on a napkin.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

                            not just the x's, there's a line with an arrow, his signature, a big picture if you will. i think it would have had the same meaning if he wrote it on a napkin.
                            The aberration is the socalled X that the arrow is pointing at. It is not an X, look closely. It is a tiny picture drawing.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                              The aberration is the socalled X that the arrow is pointing at. It is not an X, look closely. It is a tiny picture drawing.
                              just pulled it up.
                              Last edited by Wraith14u; 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM.
                              "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

                                The aberration is the socalled X that the arrow is pointing at. It is not an X, look closely. It is a tiny picture drawing.
                                have to agree, that sure looks like an aberration.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X