(AS) here is a word

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (AS) here is a word

Here is a word that begins the poem. "As I have gone.." I've been in the Chase a while and this little word hasn't been a topic as far as I can tell? It's a revealing word that I believe deserves some thought. What is Mr. Fenn really saying here? Has anyone looked into it? No one seems to know.
    Last edited by Wraith14u; 05-30-2019, 12:11 PM.
    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Hahaha, yesyes, you are a bright one
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

"As above, so below" has been referenced by a number of searchers over the years. IMO opinion it is a useful phrase to remember when linking your clues together. As, meaning "since" helps us understand that there is an importance about going "in there" alone ("*If you have a searching partner, best to have them wait in the car. f").

Comment

Couple of things come to mind.

Comment

yes I found it quite interesting , the way he started the poem off, like it is a process or development.
          Last edited by Wraith14u; 05-30-2019, 01:40 PM.
          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
            yes I found it quite interesting , the way he started the poem off, like it is a process or development.
            That is a great way to describe it. IMO, it is exactly that - a process and a development.

Comment

AS has been discussed... Not often But.... Some of the predominant thought on it is that it is the symbol for Arsenic. 2 thoughts emerge.... one being that his type of cancer could have been caused from arsenic exposure or poisoning. The other is that he might have frequented the the spas with mineral springs which often contain arsenic in the water as a therapeutic healing source such as the arsenic pool at the Ojo Caliente Spa. I don't buy into either theory! and since it is before WWWH - the first clue.... I feel it is not important and doesn't warrant much time

I am the Lead Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                AS has been discussed... Not often But.... Some of the predominant thought on it is that it is the symbol for Arsenic. 2 thoughts emerge.... one being that his type of cancer could have been caused from arsenic exposure or poisoning. The other is that he might have frequented the the spas with mineral springs which often contain arsenic in the water as a therapeutic healing source such as the arsenic pool at the Ojo Caliente Spa. I don't buy into either theory! and since it is before WWWH - the first clue.... I feel it is not important and doesn't warrant much time

I am the Lead Hunter
                Interesting you should mention that. A while back I was working on the basis that poison (arsenic) is transmuted to gold as you progress through the poem. I don't think it's that literal, but I still think that describes the kind of process that you have to go through. (A long time ago I was trying to use the periodic table more generally, but nothing much came of that.)

Comment

For what it's worth, seeing as we are to "Begin it" in the second stanza, I treat the first stanza as a trainer.

To me it is there to provoke ideas and thoughts that are integral to the correct solve. At least, I hope it is!

Comment

The word AS - used to make a comparison, when things comparing are equal in some way... that's the simplicity of the word. So now what would you compare it to.... the answer I already know (no that's not it)

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                      Here is a word that begins the poem. "As I have gone.." I've been in the Chase a while and this little word hasn't been a topic as far as I can tell? It's a revealing word that I believe deserves some thought. What is Mr. Fenn really saying here? Has anyone looked into it? No one seems to know.
                      Figured out years ago.
                      As I - have gone - alone - in there
                      =
                      The - left - alone - entrance

Comment

Another theory espoused by some was that the first three letters of the poem backwards can spell Isa (a lake in the 4-state Fenn zone, not far from the Continental Divide as I recall). Also, the A of As makes up part of IDEA using the four corner letters of the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

I am the Lead Hunter
                          what about of? "hint of"

Comment

No, no, no... everyone knows it's Arnie Saknussen's "AS" blaze that he would leave for all to see. KIDDING.
                            "Long ago, a lone explorer, named Arnie Saknussen, made a fantastic descent to the fabled lost kingdom of Atlantis at the Earth's core. After many centuries, his trail was discovered: first by me, Professor Oliver Lindenbrook, my niece Cindy, student Alec McEwen, our guide Lars, and his duck Gertrude. But we were not alone. The evil Count Saknussen, last descendant of the once noble Saknussen family, had followed us...to claim the center of the Earth for his power-mad schemes. He ordered his brute-like servant, Torg, to destroy our party. But the plan backfired, sealing the entrance forever. And so, for us, began a desperate race to the Earth's core...to learn the secret of the way back. This is the story of our new journey to the center of the Earth!"
                            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

what about of? "hint of"
                              Wow,
                              That might be worth exploring.... IDK Smell of? That said.... I do know why new comes before old in that line!

Comment

Working...
                              X