No announcement yet.

Imagination and Knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found where someone on reddit had posted "Wave" as the solution two years ago; so; I guess; they win. Although, I don't think their explanation is correct; but I do think "A wave or Waves" is the correct answer. It should be considered solved now.

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...rforce_riddle/
    Last edited by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf; 06-19-2019, 02:27 PM.
    Chase Theme Song: Chinese Democracy (Lyrics)
    Rule #X: Never trust anyone; ever!

Comment

Originally posted by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf View Post
      I just found where someone on reddit had posted "Wave" as the solution two years ago; so; I guess; they win. Although, I don't think their explanation is correct; but I do think "A wave or Waves" is the correct answer. It should be considered solved now.

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...rforce_riddle/
      Seeing as Wilberforce was butting heads with scientists I think Sine Wave is appropriate answer. He left a legacy that even after 146 years later the socalled experts can't figure out. Those are my favorites. My number 4 explanation is pretty lame but I can refine it and add it to my treasure found book.

Comment

“Money means more to those who don’t have any.

When I was a kid in the late 1930s, I would mow yards around my neighborhood and get paid a quarter. It was really a big deal to me. I remember keeping my left hand in my pants pocket with the coins held tightly in my fist. I walked straight and whistled because that money represented 5 Wimpy hamburgers, or 4 burgers and a Coke, or 3 burgers, a Coke and a bag of Fritos. A cup of ice cream was a nickel. There were so many options, and the world was mine for the next two days.

I didn’t realize it at the time but I had entered the world of commerce, and the lessons I learned about the strength of money would be very valuable to me later.”

LEFT POCKET:
        Poker term for where you keep your important money. AKA your bank roll.
        From the movie 'Lucky You',
        L. C. Cheever: I hear your left pocket is empty.

Comment

“I carry death in my left pocket. Sometimes I take it out and talk to it: "Hello, baby, how you doing? When you coming for me? I'll be ready.”
          ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

He had 'pocket change', cents (scents), coins, dimes and nickles, twenty-five cents, a quarter, chicken feed, small change, scratch, bread, the coins were his currency for two days

Comment

A Dance with Dragons, George R.R. Martin:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one."

Comment

“Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there–on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.”
                -Carl Sagan

Comment

"It seems that the human mind has first to construct forms independently before we can find them in things. Kepler’s marvelous achievement is a particularly fine example of the truth that knowledge cannot spring from experience alone but only from the comparison of the inventions of the intellect with observed fact."

Einstein, Albert. Ideas And Opinions (p. 266). Crown Publishing Group

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
                    "It seems that the human mind has first to construct forms independently before we can find them in things. Kepler’s marvelous achievement is a particularly fine example of the truth that knowledge cannot spring from experience alone but only from the comparison of the inventions of the intellect with observed fact."

Einstein, Albert. Ideas And Opinions (p. 266). Crown Publishing Group
                    That's all Greek to me. I'm a pretty simple guy, but if I had to guess I'd say it sounds like you're talking about imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

That's all Greek to me. I'm a pretty simple guy, but if I had to guess I'd say it sounds like you're talking about imagination.
                      Making connections

Comment

Yes please.

I recognize that I live but in a moment.. but in my moment, it’s a lot of pain that I don’t understand...
                        Last edited by Wmbsome; 06-25-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

A Dance with Dragons, George R.R. Martin:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one."
                          Ah, Game of Thrones. Jojen presumably said that just before being simultaneously killed and sexually assaulted by a family member who then taxidermied his mutilated corpse for laughs.

The mind of George RR Martin is not one to wade into lightly.
                          "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

What if....

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

What if it is Fenn who is keeping the secret because he is the sole survivor; aka the one not dead?

Comment

Comment

What if....

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

What if it is Fenn who is keeping the secret because he is the sole survivor; aka the one not dead?
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_trust
                                " A blind trust is a trust in which the trust beneficiaries have no knowledge of the holdings of the trust, and no right to intervene in their handling. In a blind trust, the trustees (fiduciaries, or those who have been given power of attorney) have full discretion over the assets. Blind trusts are generally used when a trust creator (sometimes called a settlor, trustor, grantor, or donor) wishes for the beneficiary to be unaware of the specific assets in the trust "

Comment

Working...
                                X