Imagination and Knowledge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagination and Knowledge

“The first clue in the poem is ‘Begin it where warm waters halt’. That’s the first clue. If you can’t figure that clue out, you don’t have anything.”

“The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta.”

“If a person reads the poem over and over…and are able to decipher the first few clues in the poem, they can find the treasure chest. It may not be easy, but it certainly isn’t impossible. I could go right straight to it.”

I got back last week from our BOTG - a nice vacation - no treasure, but lots of fun with the family. We bounced around doing things the kids wanted to do, then returned to our favored location, which has remained our "spot" since 2016, and left still feeling like we're missing something. So many clues fit like a glove in our area, but we're missing something. I'm just going to drop notes here and there in this thread to keep track of things I'm playing around with in the coming weeks and months.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
      Anagram fun.
      Imagination is better than knowledge = Good take with naming Albert Einstein

IMO, if you study everything about canasta, then study each word/letters of the canasta comment, you'll find wwh.

At least you had a good time.
      Thanks for the tip OH!!

We always plan our trips to be vacations, if we were to find the treasure, it'd be a bonus, but it's vacation....long before the chase we were already heading to the mountains in the spring each year for 7-10 days of vacation (plus we go a couple of times a year for snowboarding)....what the chase has done is get us going to places we may not have considered in the past, and our area is an absolute gem that we enjoy going to and will likely continue going to for at least a few days each spring for a long time to come.

Comment

My husband has another vacation coming up and we're trying to decide where to go - we really like the fit of our area, but doubts creep in now and then that I may have the wrong WWWH and we're spinning our wheels where we are; hence the thread to lay out some of what I have noticed lately in trying to hone in on what I'm missing.

Comment

[QUOTE=RahRah;n100822]“The first clue in the poem is ‘Begin it where warm waters halt’. That’s the first clue. If you can’t figure that clue out, you don’t have anything.”

From the OED
          FIGURE:

noun
          1 A number, especially one which forms part of official statistics or relates to the financial performance of a company.
          ‘the trade figures’
          ‘by 1998, this figure had risen to 14 million’

1.1 A numerical symbol, especially any of the ten in Arabic notation.
          ‘the figure 7’

1.2 One of a specified number of digits making up a larger number, used to give a rough idea of the order of magnitude.
          in combination ‘a six-figure sum of money’

1.3 An amount of money.
          ‘a figure of two thousand pounds’

1.4 figures Arithmetical calculations.
          ‘she has no head for figures’

verb
          2 North American with object Calculate or work out (an amount or value) arithmetically.
          ‘my accountant figured my tax wrong’

Comment

Mali principii malus finis.

Translation: Bad beginnings lead to bad results.

Comment

Canasta / WWWH by @OH pretty obscure, but yeah

Holden Caulfield played Canasta

Comment

CRM114: I thought it was someone else that Holden talked about who was the "Canasta fiend"? Maybe I'm misremembering; Catcher was not a book I enjoyed reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  CRM114: I thought it was someone else that Holden talked about who was the "Canasta fiend"? Maybe I'm misremembering; Catcher was not a book I enjoyed reading.
                  Holden asked Ackley if he wanted to play, Ackley said no.

Comment

Canasta
                    Basket
                    Variant of rummy
                    2-4 players
                    2 decks of cards
                    4 jokers
                    Meld cards
                    Clean melds have no wilds or jokers
                    Dirty melds have one or more wild or joker cards
                    Rounds of play until score to win is reached
                    Progressive open score requirement
                    Player/team scoring 5000+ first wins

Comment

Zapster Yes, can understand your dislike of Catcher. RahRah nailed it as far as Holden.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
                        Canasta
                        Basket
                        Variant of rummy
                        2-4 players
                        2 decks of cards
                        4 jokers
                        Meld cards
                        Clean melds have no wilds or jokers
                        Dirty melds have one or more wild or joker cards
                        Rounds of play until score to win is reached
                        Progressive open score requirement
                        Player/team scoring 5000+ first wins
                        Basket: a container used to hold or carry things
                        Halt:
                        comes from the Old High German
                        haltmachen
                        , which means "to hold."

Forrest's interpretation of "warm" is comfortable, if you are secure about your feelings and emotional well being you're comfortable or content. Opposite would be insecure or depressed.
                        "My self confidence was really down at the bottom" Pg 13 TTOTC
                        "Then one night,after the probability of my fate had finally hit bottom" Pg 129 TTOTC
                        The rain with Borders symbolizes gloomy or dreary feelings …. not attending college. After reading them he tossed them in the trash and reinforced his belief that he had not missed out on anything.
                        Rained again after J.d died...a book which he did enjoy and the Robert Redford was over the fact Robert Redford and Forrest are probably very similar people and most likely friends.
                        Another time it rained was when his ball of string went missing...his mom didn't answer,she just kept nodding(
                        draw or direct attention to someone or something by moving one's head)
                        and looking out the window( a means of observing and learning about something)
                        Right after this short story of his string ball ends..." And then I got cancer"
                        Warm waters halt in a depression. The whole idea of this hunt came to be from his emotional state...That's why it's BEGIN it where warm waters halt.."Look at the big picture."There are no short cuts....Begin at the beginning!
                        Depression is a low valley or hollow,bowl,sink,hole,basin or kettle.
                        Many of these terms also basically can be referred to as a vessel or a container to hold things....basket...OR....canasta
                        Sorry if I kind of rambled,I wanted to share some of my thoughts on this without giving out too much of my ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
                          “The first clue in the poem is ‘Begin it where warm waters halt’. That’s the first clue. If you can’t figure that clue out, you don’t have anything.”

“The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta.”

“If a person reads the poem over and over…and are able to decipher the first few clues in the poem, they can find the treasure chest. It may not be easy, but it certainly isn’t impossible. I could go right straight to it.”
                          Super important and I’ve yet to see anyone have the right answer to it!

Comment

so your saying it takes a good degree of knowledge and imagination to understand WWWH in order to begin it?
                            "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X