Do you need TTOTC Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need TTOTC Book

Wondering where others are in their view of the book and its importance with solving the poem - do we need the book, The Thrill of the Chase (TTOTC)?
    Absolutely, you need the hints in the book too!
    50.00%
    If you need help with hints, sure, but not necessary!
    14.29%
    What you need is available on Fenn's website, the rest isn't needed.
    21.43%
    Nope, just the poem and a good map, the book muddies the water!
    14.29%
    Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

I did not answer poll as it was too limited.
    My answer is that it is not necessary to purchase TTOTC as Forrest put the most important hints for free on his website and they have been there since the beginning .

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...-the-chase.pdf

Do you notice the link is filed under "assets" ?
    ***oldsantafetradingco com/assets/book-previews/thrill-of-the-chase.pdf***
    Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-26-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
      I did not answer poll as it was too limited.
      My answer is that it is not necessary to purchase TTOTC as Forrest put the most important hints for free on his website and they have been there since the beginning .

https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...-the-chase.pdf

Do you notice the link is filed under "assets" ?
      ***oldsantafetradingco com/assets/book-previews/thrill-of-the-chase.pdf***
      I edited the poll - I'd forgotten about the PDF on Fenn's website!
      Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

I edited the poll - I'd forgotten about the PDF on Fenn's website!
        TY !

Comment

Only the "Gold and more" chapter in the TTOTC book, and the safety instructions by FF. Absolutely nothing more. And maps, of course!

Comment

TTOTC not necessary for solution; necessary for confidence in it.

Comment

Technically, you don't need the book, but it helps, along with everything else.

Comment

I think you have to know a little about the poem's author or you won't know how to apply the solve. I think that's how the nope comment works.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post
                  I think you have to know a little about the poem's author or you won't know how to apply the solve. I think that's how the nope works.
                  I believe you hit the bull's eye. This is where the subtle hints in the book are. They are not in the selection of every 14th letter to spell the sound of turning The White Album backwards or in a pareidolic image of a fish in a truck fender. The hints are in getting to know who the writer of the poem is. Understand him and you will understand his poem. It's like following Falken's Maze.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                    TTOTC not necessary for solution; necessary for confidence in it.
                    Interesting answer, Zap, given some of your previous comments. I don't have the book, but have read the extracts published online. Nothing in them have helped me with clue solving, but I found them helpful to gain a clearer background image - as others have mentioned. I do recall finding an interesting typo on FF's website. . .
                    Last edited by voxpops; 05-27-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

everyone should just use the poem its the map to a disappointing vacation. I remember my favorite shirt. I remember my parents ripping it off my back when they beat me.

Comment

The poem delivers solutions, many false, one correct. TTotC delivers the big picture to find out about the one that is correct!

Comment

Guarantee you Forrest has never mentioned so much as the county-sized area in print or otherwise. He gives the surroundings, probably dozens of visuals.
                          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                            Guarantee you Forrest has never mentioned so much as the county-sized area in print or otherwise. He gives the surroundings, probably dozens of visuals.
                            5-Leaf: are you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
                              everyone should just use the poem its the map to a disappointing vacation. I remember my favorite shirt. I remember my parents ripping it off my back when they beat me.
                              That explains some things.

Comment

Working...
                              X